Soon, the truth will set us free [1/?]

Soon, the truth will set us free

 

Title: Soon, The Truth Will Set Us Free [1/?]

Author: AokiHana8694/ JudeNiMassu

Pairing: TegoMasu/ ShigeMasu

Rating: PG 15

Summary: After all the longing, hardships and sufferings that they’ve experienced through the years after they are being separated, they’ll be reunited. As lovers.

 

 

CHAPTER 1

 

 “Finally!” Takahisa stretched his hands as soon as he’s finished typing the whole business proposal he’s going to submit tomorrow.

“Eh? Already?” Shige questioned in disbelief.

Takahisa looked at him, lips slightly pouted.

“Already? Shige, I’ve spend almost half of the day trying to put all the best words that will make the future investors say ‘yes’, and you’re only going to tell me two damn words? I’m expecting you’re going to congratulate me for a job well done.”

Shige sighed. “Taka, I’ll just congratulate you if you’ll really make our investor say ‘yes’ on our meeting tomorrow. For now, I’ll just wish you good luck and God bless.”

Takahisa raises an eyebrow. “Good luck? God Bless? Hey, are you telling me that my proposal is not enough to-”

Shige lets out a soft laugh. “Hey, hey, hey. I’m not saying anything like that.”

Takahisa’s pout became more visible, and that makes Shige stand up and walk in front of him, both hands rested on Takahisa’s shoulder.

“You’re really cute.” And he kisses Takahisa’s lips, lightly. It doesn’t take long before Takahisa pulls out, and smiles awkwardly. Shige just laugh.

“I- I’m going.”

Shige just nodded. He let his hands fall on his side, as he watches Takahisa put on his suit.

“If you’re not confident with my proposal, check it. And maybe you’ll realize how good I am.” He hums playfully the last four words to himself as he turned his back on Shige and takes a few steps towards the door, but he stops for a moment before he can finally settle one foot outside the office.

“You know the password, right?” Takahisa’s tone changes.

Shige nodded. “Of course, I do.” He says softly. “Your younger brother’s name.” Shige added.

Takahisa nodded. The two went silent for a moment before Takahisa broke it.

“Hey, if you can print all of it, I’ll treat you lunch tomorrow.”

Shige’s nostrils went dramatically big. “Eh? You’re going home without printing it out?”

“I’m already tired, Shige.”

“Don’t order me around like I’m your employee.” Shige snorted.

“Please.”

“No.”

“How about dinner?” Shige went silent. And he nods. Takahisa smiles.

“Thanks.” He says, looking directly at Shige’s eyes.

Shige’s cheeks feel hot, so he quickly turned his back on him, and uttered “No problem,” tripping on his way to Takahisa’s table.

“See you. Oh- I forgot.” Shige eyed him, and he almost melted when Takahisa gave him a sweet smile; he wishes that that smile is only intended for him. For him only.

“Thanks for the kiss.” And Takahisa left.

But Shige just stood there, both surprise and…happy. He can still feel the ghost of Takahisa’s soft lips on his; those soft lips he always wanted for these past years. He kissed Takahisa many times, and every time he does, his heart flutters. On the other side…

Takahisa’s trying to stop himself from making noise on the hallway going downstairs. He really tries, tries to control the laughter as he says those words to Shige.

“Shige’s really easy to tease.”

---

“You bastard!” He winces in pain as he felt another hard punch on his stomach. “Who in the world did you knock off this time? Huh?”

“I-I didn’t…I didn’t…” He answered weakly as he tried to stand up. “I didn’t…have had with anyone…”

 “Liar!” the older guy slaps his face, making him dizzy. “Then who is this girl telling us that you’ve got her pregnant?”

His pants become heavier. “I-I didn’t. I don’t know… I-I haven’t had per…perform such…act before.” He screamed as he felt another punch on his jaw.

A girl, around 17 years old came rushing onto the guy. “Dad! Stop it!”

“H-Hana…” The younger guy muttered. “D-don’t get…y-yourself involve in here.”

“No. He’s hurting you!” She yelled at his brother. “Dad,” he looked at the older guy. “Stop hurting nii-san. He hasn’t recovered yet from the broken rib you’d given him last time. I-I don’t want to see nii-san suffer again.” She told him, crying.

“Hana! Move or I will-”

“What?!” She stood up. “You’re gonna hurt me like what you’re always doing to Nii? Alright, if that’s what you want,” She stretches her arms on both sides. “Hurt me now!!! Just spare nii-san!”

The older guy raises his hand, and slaps Hana on the face. It’s strong and hard, making Hana contact with the wall. She tried to stand up, but she can’t. Her head is hurting, and her vision is blurry, but he can still see his father beating up his beloved brother. She looks for something hard, hard enough to knock his father down and her eyes settles on the iron pipe near their dining table. She stands up slowly, walking to the direction of the table. She can hear his brother’s shout for help, and when she touches the pipe, she uttered a mantra of ‘sorry’ and hit his father with the pipe. The older man flinches, as he collapsed. She glances at his brother, body limp on the floor. She rushed to him, checking his pulse if he’s still breathing, and he is. Though heavy, she manages to help him on his feet, making their way outside. He helped him sit on the chair.

“Stay here, don’t move.” Hana ordered his brother. “I’ll just fetch something; this will only take a minute.” And she went back inside.

---

“A minute…” He mumbles when he notices that Hana hasn’t come back yet. He is supposed to stand up when he saw Hana approaching him, medicine kit on left hand, and a bulky bag on the other. This confuses him.

“Hana…W-what’s that?” He gestures on the bulky bag that seems to be his.

Hana just stood there, looking at him beloved brother with eyes full of sadness.

“Nii-san…” She dropped the kit and bag and rushed to his brother, crying.

“What’s…”

“I don’t want to see you suffer again. I don’t want to…” She trailed off as she buries her face on his brother’s chest.

“Hana...?” He pushed her sister away, gently, and cups her face. “W-what’s your problem? Please tell me, so I can help you.” He wipes away the stray tears coming from her sister’s eyes.

“Nii-san…please…” She mumbles between sobs. “Please leave.”

His eyes went wide open. “W-what? Hana, W-why?”

“It hurts me a lot when I see Dad beating you. When you screamed because of the pain, and the way you call for help, and I can do nothing but to stand at the side, watching the blood flowing from your wounds. I can’t stand this anymore, nii-san. I..I can’t.” She buries her face on his brother’s chest  again.

“Hana…” he mumbles between sobs. “No…”

Hana stares at him, eyebrows furrowed. “W-what?”

“I’m staying. If I leave, no one will protect you here. No one will save you from him.”

“No, you must leave.” She insisted.

His face hardened. “If I’m going to leave, then you’re going with me.”

“No!” She pushes his brother away, panting heavily. “I will not leave.”

“Why?”

“Because he’s still my father, and I’m her daughter.”

His whole body stiffened. She right, he’s her father, and she’s still his daughter. They’re connected with each other, no matter how much hatred Hana have for his father, she can’t leave him.

“Nii-san,please… go. Go away.”

He completely fell silent, head down and gaze on the tiled floor of their veranda.

“Nii-san, please…”

 “Everything’s here?”

Hana stopped crying. “N-Nii-san…”

“If my disappearance in this household will make you feel better, then I’m going to leave, though…” he sniffs. “Though it hurts me a lot.”

“Thank you, Nii-san.” And she hug him, long and tight.

“What about the photo?” He asked her as he gave her arms a squeeze.

She pulled away and gave his brother a confusing look. “What photo?”

His photo.”

“Ah, I…It’s there already, d-don’t worry.”

He sighed as he turned his back on Hana, lifting the bag on the floor.

“Thank you for everything .” He told Hana without looking at her. “I guess this is goodbye then.”

Hana sniffs. “Yeah…I-I think so…”

He faces Hana for the very last time, gave her a sweet smile and hugged her tightly. “Thank you.”

She hugged him back. “I love you, Nii-san.”

He laughed. “I know. I love you too.” He shoves her gently, as he wipes the tears off his eyes.

“I’m going.”

“Yeah. B-Bye.”

He just nodded and turned his back on her.

“Hey, bring this along with you. Cure yourself while you’re at the train.”

He nodded again, taking the medicine kit on her hands. “Bye.”

He’s just a couple of meters away from the house when he his heel and shouted “I promise I’ll be back for you.” And he ran away.

As soon as his shadow is not visible anymore, Hana knelt to the cold floor, covered her face with her hands, and cries. “Nii-san…”

---

He ran as fast as he can, though his body is hurting a lot. He needs to hurry or else the train will leave, and he has no choice but to spend the night on the subway. When the subway is on the sight, he fastens his speed and nearly stumbles while going downstairs. He wishes that the earlier beating will be enough for this day. But he’s wrong.

As soon as he reaches the platform, he bumps into a group of gangsters.

“I’m sorry!” he bowed his head thrice. And as he walks away from them, he felt a strong force gripping his arm. He winces in pain.

“Hey, pretty boy.” The guy, probably the leader, pulled him back. “Watch where you’re going.”

“I’m really sorry, sorry. P-please, just let my arm go, i-it hurts.”

“Let you go? Hmm? Money.” The guy squeezes his arm more, and his face grimaced in pain.

“Money?”

“Yeah, give us your money.”

He tightens his grip on his bag. “B-but, I need money for the fare, if I-” The guy cuts him off when pushed him onto the floor. They shared knowing looks, looks that sends shiver on his whole body. This is not good. He’s trapped.

“If you have no money then…” the guy knelt at his side, cupping his face. “We’ll accept any kind of special service.” And they all laugh out loud.

“Special…”

“Violate him.” The leader told the other guys. This made him panic. The others pinned him completely to the floor, while the leader kisses his neck.

“Get your smelly mouth off me!” He shouted, but they didn’t listen. He moans when he felt the leader’s hand rubbing his. He hates this feeling, painfully aroused by a stranger’s touch. He tried to shout, hoping that there’s someone who can help him, but nothing came out.

“…, …” He managed to say between heavy breaths. “P-Please, s-stop t-that…D-don’t…”

“Hell no.” And the guy’s lips are on his own now. He wanted to bite his lips, but how can he do that when this damn guy just pulled out a Swiss knife out of his pocket and pointed it on his side?

He wanted to die right now. What’s the use of getting out of his stepfather’s side when he’s going to experience something worse than that? He wishes he didn’t listen to Hana. He preferred being beaten by his step dad, than to be gang- on the subway and die because of stabbing. He suddenly felt dizzy. He hasn’t eaten proper meal this day, and his whole body is hurting a lot due to the heavy beating he just received from his stepdad. He doesn’t know what to do now. He’s ready to drift his eyes off now; just let the gangsters use his body for some ual acts when the grip on both of his wrists and ankles loosen. Even the leader’s pair of rough lips is gone. He tilted his head, and saw a guy, probably in his middle 20’s, easily dodging the punches given by the gangsters. He manages to stand up, almost tripped on his own feet as he hid himself on the telephone booth. He reminds him of someone, someone who’s always there to protect him from bullies back when he’s only little lad. He smiled as he reminisces those beautiful days together with his beloved brother. He doesn’t even notice that the guy approaches and offered his hand to him.

“You okay?” The guy asked him between ragged breaths.

He nodded as he accepted the guy’s hand. “T-Thank you.”

The guy smiled at him. “No problem. Just go home already, it’s getting late. You’ll be in trouble again if you don’t hurry.”

He looked at the guy and smiled weakly. “But…” don’t cry, don’t cry, don’t cry…

But fails to do so.

“Hey,” the guy knelt in front of him, hands resting on his thighs. “W-What’s the problem? Why are you crying?”

He looked at him, straight onto his eyes. “But I have nowhere to go.”

---

“You hungry?” The guy asked him as he opened his fridge to look for something to eat. He wants to say he is, but it’s too much. This guy saved him from those ing gangsters, offered him his house though he doesn’t know him, and now offering his own food just to fill up his painfully aching stomach? That’s just too much.

“Is it okay for you to wait for a minute? I’m currently reheating the dinner earlier.” The guy poked his head out of the kitchen.

“Ah, you don’t need to bother, I’m not hungry.” He bit his own lip when he hears his stomach grumble. The guy just laughed.

“Your stomach says the opposite.” And he went back inside the kitchen, laughing silently.

“Damn…” That was embarrassing. He looked down on his stomach, and started to punch it. “Hey, that’s embarrassing, you know,” and continued to punch his own stomach. He doesn’t even notice that the guy is staring at him now, holding a tray with the reheated food, and a glass of hot chocolate.

“W-what?” He asked the guy, and he was quite shock with his reply.

“You remind me of someone who’s very important to me.” The guy told him as he puts the tray in the table.

He stares at him like an idiot, both hands suspended in the mid-air. “R-really?”

“Yes.” The guy just smiled at him, and as he smiled back, he saw sadness overflowing his eyes. And it hurts him suddenly.

He averts his gaze, looking at the food served in front of him. “May I know who’s this lucky person is?”

The guy sat down beside him. “My brother.”

He went silent for a moment. “W-where is he now?”

The guy sighed. “Don’t know. Maybe he’s…he’s gone.”

He bit his lower lip. “I’m sorry.”

The guy shook his head. “It’s okay…um…” The older guy looks at him. “Um…your, your name?”

“Oh…Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself.” He bowed his head slightly and, “Yuya.”

“Yuya…” He repeated.

 “And you are…?”

“Ah, T-Takahisa.”

Yuya smiled. “Nice meeting you, Taka.” This time, he is the one who offered the hand. It took Takahisa a few seconds before accepting it. “Nice meeting you too, Yuya.”

“Thank you for letting me stay here in your house tonight. Don’t worry, I’ll…I’ll leave immediately, tomorrow.”

“You can stay here as long as you want.” He just realized what he just say when Yuya look at him, quite surprised.

 “Ah, I mean…you can stay here, while you look for a place to live in.”

“A-Are you…sure? You don’t really know me. I might be one of them too. A criminal or bad guy.”

Takahisa raises an eyebrow. “I don’t believe you. If you really are one of them, then why you have such wounds and bruises? And also, you don’t look like a bad guy, you’re…” He hummed for himself the very last two words he wanted to say.  Very beautiful.

“Pardon?” Yuya asked him.

Takahisa’s face reddened. “N-nothing. J-just eat the food while it’s hot. I’ll just change my clothes.” He nearly stumbled on his own feet as he enters his bedroom.

“Takahisa…” Yuya utters, a smile appears on his face. “Thank you.”

_______________________________________TO BE CONTINUED__________________________________________