ℭ𝔬𝔫𝔣𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫

Director Kim

"I'm Kim Taehyung and I'll be your sales director from now on."  he said and I quietly gasped, trying to process whatever was going on.

"I'm Lee Jieun, salesperson and..." She turned to me who was still dumbfounded by the situation and nudged me, "Min Sura, our lovely office administration." 

He nodded with a smile as he scanned through a paper. 

"I see. Nice to meet you. Mind taking me to HR?" 

"Okay!" Jieun said and pushed me as she whispered, "that's your job," before she continued to talk to Mr. Kim,

"Sura will do that. She's very reliable and hardworking, rest assured Mr. Kim." 

I love my bestie, but sometimes, or almost all the time when there's a hot boy she'd sell me like she sold one of the condo units or a mom who tried to marry off her daughter. Because she said and I quoted, "you need a hot guy and get over that -faced Jihoon." 

I nodded and led Mr. Kim to where HR is. Actually shouldn't he be informed before everyone else?

"Minhyuk oppa, this is Mr. Kim Taehyung, our new sales director." I said and Minhyuk shot up from his seat.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you've come." 

Taehyung shook his head and chuckled, "I just came earlier than you were informed to familiarize myself." 

"Of course, let me introduce you to the others." 

It seemed they got along just fine so I bowed a little to excuse myself out of there and went to my desk. 

I watched Minhyuk introduced Mr. Kim to everyone in the Sales Department and he smiled so politely and shone with confidence. The way he made eye-contact and nodded when he listened to others proved that he really cared about his workers. How could someone be so perfect? He has the money, looks and personality, not to mention he must be very smart as well. 

"Sura!" I jumped back to my senses when Nara came to me from behind. 

"What?!" 

"Who's that, who's that?" she asked with so much enthusiasm.

"That's.. CEO's son. Our sales director." I blinked.

"Damn!" She said without holding back. I could see sparkles in her eyes when she saw him and I rolled my  eyes.

"He can be my second sugar daddy." I gasped, making sure it wasn't loud.

"Hey, he's our boss." 

She laughed and waved her hand in a joking manner then HR and Mr. Kim walked towards us.

"Lastly, one of our outstanding salesperson, Kim Nara." 

"Nice to meet you Mr. Kim." 

He nodded and extended out his hand and she shook it. "Nice to meet you."

"Minhyuk, about my assistant..." And their voice faded as they walked further off from my desk. They must be talking about recruiting an assistant for Mr. Kim. 

Gosh, no matter what I still need to talk to him about yesterday. 

Once I saw Minhyuk back to his room, I went to Mr. Kim's room and knocked on the door then entered once he said to come in.

"Well.. Do.. you need anything?" I said, stuttering.

"No, I didn't call you. So do you need anything?" he seemed confused.

"Y-yesterday... Was it you?" 

He  rolled his eyes up trying to recall what I was talking about. "Girl in the blanket. Skyland Apartment... 10th floor?" 

, he actually remembers it!

"Y-yes! I was trying to say... What was I trying to say... I mean..."

"I won't tell anyone." He said as he grabbed a folder, scanning through a document. I widened my eyes that he actually read my mind.

"I only care about your working performance. Things outside this company is none of my business." He put the document down and smiled at me. I nodded. 

-

Lunch Break

We were eating in the company cafeteria. To my surprise, Mr. Kim was eating at the same place with a few other workers. I thought he'd go to somewhere more fancy, like a Italian Restaurant at the 30th floor or something, but I guess he was just very humble.

I, Nara and Jieun were having the conversation about what happened last night, excluding the part where I met Mr. Kim.

"He ditched you after you guys just ed?!" Nara said with so much anger in her tone and I choked on my sandwich. 

"Shh." Jieun tried to calm her down.

"Well, maybe I should confess tonight? If we met? So I can get over him when he rejects me." 

"Yes.. Probably for the best." Jieun said barely above whisper, as if she didn't want to hurt my feelings. 

-

7:30 pm at Sura's apartment. 

I heard the bell ring and quickly jumped from my bed and ran to the door, Jihoon was standing at the door and as usual, he didn't look as happy to see me, because when he wanted to see me was when he felt upset, but never when his date went well. I mean, I would've congratulated him if he was finally happy with someone.

"What's with that ty expression?" I joked and poked his cheeks. 

"She said she was only interested in being friends. I don't get it, we hit it off online but once we met—" He sighed and I patted his back, didn't know what to respond.

"Is it because I'm ugly?" Ugly was the last thing he was. He was handsome but a bit arrogant because he was rich, but as his best friend he wasn't actually half bad or I was just blinded by my crush towards him.

"You're the most handsome. Our Jihoon can never be ugly." I chuckled.

I made him sit on the couch then went to bring him water. He pulled me down and sat me on his laps, his face was so close but this intimacy was nothing new to me. It only ended up one way.

"Only you understand me after all." Really? Does that mean I finally get a chance? My heart was racing at his words and I blushed a little.

Tonight I was supposed to confess to him, but I couldn't when he was so sad like that. Instead, "kiss me then." 

-

9:00 pm 

I was on the couch without any clothes on as Jihoon was already grabbing his clothes. 

"You sure won't stay the night?" I asked, disappointed.

"No." I sighed, hugged a cushion to cover my body and followed him to the door.

Inhaled, exhaled. 

"Park Jihoon, I love you." 

He turned around quickly then laughed. 

"Sura, you silly girl. We can't-" 

"Why not?! Why are you always dating someone that's not me then you came back to me like your toy once you broke up? What am I exactly to you?!" 

"Because you are my best friend, I don't want that to change." 

"Too late, Park Jihoon!" I threw him the cushion.

"Well, tonight was a mistake." he sighed and walked away into the elevator, just like that. 

"Mistake, mistake?!" I screamed as I fell to my knees crying, not even caring by the fact that I was . Completely. 

"Sura?" I heard a voice of a man as he threw his jacket around me.