Two

Shadow of Love (A Heart Borrower)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After one year in relationship, Haeun has moved on a lot from Minhyun. She started loving Minki for who he is and having almost same amount love to him like Minhyun. Minki finally received the love he deserves and he is also happy that he can help Haeun feel better from her painful nightmare. 

 

"Haeun!" he soon went to give back hug to Noora while she was cooking for him. 

"Welcome home, babe! Omg why are you hugging me like this?" Haeun surprisingly asked. 

"Because I miss you so much." he said then kissed on her head. 

Haeun burst out laughing with her boyfriend's behavior. "Oh come on, we've just met a few hours ago. I brought you lunch this afternoon, didn't I?"

Minki hugged her tighter. "I know it but even one second I already miss you so much."

"It's weird. Do you have anything?" she curiously asked. 

"Mmm yes I do." 

He released the hug then slowly turned Haeun to face him. Haeun became clueless with his actions. She was frowning, looking at him. 

A moment later, Minki slowly kneeled down in front of her then took out something from his pocket. He opened a red box then a diamond ring appeared. 

"Haeun, I know it's not a sweet or romantic to propose inside the kitchen like this but I can't wait any longer so this hour this minute this second, I want to propose you. Would you marry me?" he proposed with a hopeful face. 

Haeun became so excited and emotional at the same time. It's like he said it's not sweet and romantic at all but she felt touched of how Minki couldn't wait to find a better occasion to propose her. She burst out into exciting tears with a nod. "I would. I love you so much, Minki."

She excitedly accepted it then rushed to give him a hug. 

She accepted his propose without any hesitation. She decided to reveal her relationship with Minki to her family too. They all supported them. 

-----

Now it's just a few days to their wedding day. Yet, happy ending is just so hard to come to them. Something unexpected happened.....


"Minki-ah, how about this box? Should we move it out?" 

While they were doing big cleaning in Minki's apartment for new decorating to live together as husband and wife after getting married, Haeun noticed a box inside Minki's clothshelf.

She did shout to ask for permission from Minki but he didn't reply her as he was busy cleaning outside the room. The box caught Haeun's attention so she opened it. 

She saw some documents inside. She had no idea what all of these documents about. So she decided to put it back but suddenly she dropped something from the file. She picked it up and it was a photo. 

 

"Minhyun???" she exclaimed in shock. 

Haeun decided to take out all documents which has inside the file to see. 

"Heart donor..... From Hwang Minhyun to Choi Minki....."

She read it out and choked up. 

 

"So Minki got heart operation from Minhyun? Oh god, what is this?"

Haeun received a great shock. She couldn't react much as her chest became so ache and she found it hard to breathe.


"Honey, what's up?" that moment, Minki entered the room. 

Haeun lifted her face to look at him. Minki was so shocked to see her in that condition. Then he noticed some papers in her hand. He soon recognized it's his surgery documents. 

 

"Haeun... It's... " he was stuttering and became chaotic. "I can explain. Please listen to me!" 

"Yes please explain to me! Why did you try to hide this?" she asked.

Minki faced down for a while then he tried to make up his mind to reply her. 

"After we met a few times, I found out you and Minhyun were in the car that got crashed with my ex-girlfriend's car two years ago..... I didn't mean to hide it from you...." Minki started telling. 

Haeun cut his speech. 

"That girl who caused the accident is your ex-girlfriend? That damn girl killed my Minhyun." Haeun burst into tears to think about old pain. 

"Yes... Actually if not we had a fight that day, she wouldn't drink and drive like that. It was my mistake too." Minki burst into tears to think about painful past too. 

"Oh god....." Haeun lost her balance. 

"And how the hell did you get Minhyun's heart?" she yelled angrily at him. 

"I had heart-disease from birth which needed for surgery. That day, due to the great shock of my g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter