One

Blessed by the Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In our life, not everything flows according to what is planned. Some people believe in destiny or fate, some believe that the future depends on our own hands.

 

Driving the wheel of our life is risky and comes with a lot of regrets. We could end up going on the wrong path and not knowing how to come back, or we could stop in the middle of the road to think whether the path is for us or not before driving.

 

Some people just chose to go straight into the wrong way even knowing that they will regret it one day, not because they have no choice, but because they're scared to go back and pick the right one.

 

Regrets.

 

That's what many people are scared of.

 

"Ma!" a teenage girl called from the room

 

Walking with a picture on her left hand, her foot sounded heavy against the wooden floor of the house

 

A woman with black hair faced her with a questioning look when she arrived in the kitchen

 

"Who's this?" the girl asked, curiosity is written all over her face and it's hard not to notice

 

The woman settled the plate on the counter and wiped her wet hands against the apron she's wearing.

 

"Let me see" She picked the photo from her daughter's hand and examined it with a furrowed brows. The picture looks old because of the stains and it also looked blurry, making it harder for her to distinguish who the person is.

 

She handed the photo to her daughter and went back to washing the dishes without answering the younger's question.

 

"So? Who is it?" the girl grinned, hoping for some answers.

 

"Where did you find that?"

 

"Uncle's drawer, why?"

 

She sighed before turning around to look at her daughter. "Jade, I told you to stop going through things that aren't yours"

 

Jade snorted before sitting at the chair, placing her chin on her hands.

 

"I know, but I wasn't doing anything, I swear! I was just looking for cute clothes"

 

"Cute clothes? In your uncle's drawer?"

 

"Yes! He has those pastel-coloured sweaters!"

 

"I'll buy you one of those if that would stop you from going through your uncle's things"

 

"That will be the last time, I promise"

 

 

                                  *

 

 

A knock on the door woke Jade up in the middle of the afternoon.

 

The warmth of the bed and softness of the pillows convinced her to ignore it and sleep once again, but the knock continued and started to bother her.

 

Rubbing her eyes, she opened the door with a frown

 

"What the hell do you want-"

 

Jade's eyes widened

 

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I wake you up?"

 

"Uncle!"

 

She hugged the pale boy tightly with all the excitement that they almost fell

 

He giggled. "You miss me that much?"

 

"Yes!" she replied before getting off him. Jade's eyes moved to the paper bags that her uncle is holding

 

"Is that for me?" she beamed

 

He nodded with a smile

 

"You're the best Sehun!" she hugged him once again but quickly got off when her mother's voice echoed through the house.

 

Sehun smiled as he watched his niece put the paper bags on her bed. It's nice to visit once in a while to the home he grew up to. He left when his sister got married, not because he's forced to, but because he also wanted to move on.

 

"Let's go to the kitchen!" Jade dragged him excitedly after placing the bags.

 

_________________________________________

 

"How's life?" asked Sehun's sister once they're gathered around the table with lots of expensive dishes in the middle.

 

Sehun shrugged "Fine, I guess?"

 

She gazed at him with a raised brow "You guess?"

 

"Hmm"

 

"Mom! Uncle bought me a lot of clothes!" Jade chimed in and her smile could reach heaven right now

 

"Good for you, Sehun. She won't be digging your drawer now"

 

Sehun smiled at his niece "You did what?"

 

Jade gulped the food in before shaking her head "I was just looking for clothes"

 

The pale boy chuckled "You think my clothes would fit you?"

 

"No, but they're cute. Why did you leave them here?"

 

Sehun looked away before speaking once again, picking the food with his fork with a blank expression. "They belong here" he muttered

 

"Can I have them?"

 

"No" he giggled "Those hold memories"

 

"Like what? And by the way uncle, there's a photo in your drawer, who is he?"

 

Silence.

 

Jade bit her lower lip as she waits for an answer while her mother just stared at Sehun with a sharp look.

 

"That's, he's- a good friend. He gifted those clothes"

 

"Okay?" Jade didn't seem to believe it but she didn't push it.

 

"Sehun?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Could you watch Jade for tonight? I need to go to my office and do some important things"

 

"I'm not going anywhere so, sure"

 

Evening came faster than light since Sehun and Jade enjoyed the rest of the afternoon by watching horror movies and eating chips from the kitchen. They didn't notice time passing by until they're seated on the small couch located on the balcony of Sehun's room.

 

"Did you even enjoy dinner?" Sehun asked with a laugh. He rested his head on one of the pillows and looked the stars.

 

Jade grinned and caressed her tummy "Yes, though it doesn't taste that good" she teased

 

Sehun rolled his eyes before closing it as he enjoys the breeze. "Someone used to enjoy that" he mumbled

 

"What?"

 

"Nothing"

 

Jade turned her body so that she's now facing her uncle

 

"Hun?"

 

"I told you not to call me that!" Sehun groaned at the nickname his niece gave him when she was 7, from what he remembered.

 

The girl laughed for some time because she just knows how to annoy the older

 

There was one time when she called him that in front of his friends

 

"Uncle, I'm curious"

 

"About?"

 

"You"

 

Sehun faced her with a confused look

 

"You're good-looking, talented, smart, and not to mention, handsome as !"

 

"Language"

 

Jade rolled her eyes "Oh come on, it's just us here, let me curse" she whispered as if she's telling a secret.

 

"Okay going back- you even have two cars! But you're still single"

 

Sehun sat up straightly before looking up at the stars

 

"Have you ever been in a relationship before?"

 

"Yes"

 

"Then where are they? Why aren't you getting married? I want some cake"

 

"It's because-" Sehun sighed as he ran his fingers through his black hair

 

Jade waited for an answer, even though she feels like he's gonna dodge it again.

 

Sehun faced her as well now, looking very serious

 

"Can you keep a secret?"

 

"Yes"

 

"Promise?"

 

"Promise"

 

Sehun smiled bitterly at her. Jade is unaware of the pinch he's feeling in his heart, it felt like it was being ripped open again.

 

"That guy in the photo, he was my lover" he explained while attempting his best not to let a tear slip from his eyes.

 

Jade's mouth went wide open, her jaw might fall if she continued to stay like that.

 

"Where is he now?" asked his niece

 

Sehun took a deep breath before gazing at the stars again

 

 

  
  
His name is Kai, I met him in high school. A very good and sweet friend is what Kai is. He was always there for me no matter what.

Kai courted me for 3 years, it is a long time, yes, but Kai had been nothing but a patient and sweet guy. He never pressured me into saying yes nor did he stopped. He let me take my time and think very carefully. He was my best friend whether we're on the romantic part or not.

After our graduation, that's when I finally said yes and we've been a lovely couple afterwards, I must say. 
     
     

 


     
"Hey!" Sehun ran to Kai and gave him the tightest hug after the graduation ceremony. His parents are waiting for him outside the venue like they said when he asked for permission to see Kai.

"Woah" he laughed lightly as he wraps his arms around the other.

"I have a gift for you"

"Really?"

Sehun nodded happily "Close your eyes"

Kai raised his brow but complied anyway

Sehun raised his palms to cup the other's face in his hands before diving in to kiss him.

The kiss involves no tongue, it was a peck, just their lips touching each other after a long time of waiting. It was innocently beautiful. And the fact that it was Sehun's first kiss made it even more special.

"My answer is yes" He grinned before running away, but not after he kissed Kai goodbye.

Kai, still shocked from what happened, slowly touched his lips before smiling like an idiot. He looked at the direction where Sehun ran before he followed.
     
     

 


    
I never felt such happiness when I'm with him, being with him is something I could never explain, it gives me mixed feelings but all in a positive way.

We applied to college at the same time in the same universities. We wanted to be close to each other even after high school. Distance is not really a problem since we trust each other but being away with him makes me feel lifeless.

Life was really on our side when we got in the same university. I was so nervous back then but I know that he always got my back.
    
    

 


    
"I think I'm gonna pass out," said Sehun dramatically as they walk through the gate of the university

Kai laughed at him and took his hand before kissing the back of it. "Why are you so scared? I'm here, aren't I?"

Sehun smiled at him nervously and he took a deep breath to calm his nerves.

"Don't be scared, I always got you. Even if you go to war, I'll die with you"

The younger lightly punched Kai's shoulder "Don't joke like that, stupid"

"You love my stupidity" Kai teased

"I do"
    
    
    

 


He never failed to make me remember that he'll catch me when I fall. He was-, no, he is still my strength.

Things were flowing smoothly in college, I had a lot of memories with him that I never wish to forget even if I had the power to. 
    
     

 


    
Walking with a frown on his face, Sehun hugged the book close to his chest as he strolled out of the university.

He was so pissed because a professor just gave him low marks, which he knew he doesn't deserve.

As he took a left turn, Kai appeared excitedly with both his hands behind his back.

"Hi" Kai greeted

Sehun sighed before walking forward, ignoring his boyfriend. It's not like he's mad at him or anything, he just doesn't feel like talking to anyone right now.

"Hey" Kai ran to him and walked by his side.

Kai frowned at him before blocking Sehun's path

Sehun looked at him before trying to walk past him again, which he failed because Kai blocked him again.

"What's wrong?" asked Kai

Sehun looked around before sighing. He then grabbed Kai's hand and walked towards the bench that they always sat on during lunch breaks.

Placing his bag and books beside him, Sehun sighed again for the nth time today.

"Quit sighing and tell me what's bothering you" Kai calmly said with sweetness and care in his voice.

"It's just- I got low grades today. I hate it"

Kai looked at him and smirked lightly. "You're ignoring me because you failed?"

Sehun glared at him

"What a lovely boyfriend you are" The older teased, earning a slap on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry," said Sehun. "I don't want to pass my stress to you"

"How am I supposed to cheer you up if you won't share?" then leaning forward, Kai kissed his forehead.
     
     

 


     
He's all sweet and caring when it comes to me, one of the reasons why I fell in love with him. He treats me as if I'm the most precious creature he ever comes across to.

Kai is my strength, my comfort. He always proves to me that saying yes to him will never be a regret.

I don't think I can define our relationship as regret, ever. He made me feel complete.

I remember that one time when we were sitting on the rooftop of this house, it was a Friday evening from what I recall, after a stressful day at university. 
     
     

 


    
"Look at that star, it's looking at you" laughed Kai as he pointed at a star.

Sehun rolled his eyes before chuckling "You're so weird"
    
     

 


    
The rooftop of this house was our comfort place, we love stargazing so much, it was my favourite bonding with him.

That's what I miss, just the two of us, looking up and talking whether it's about nonsense or serious matters. When it gets cold, he'll hug me as if his life depended on it.
    
    

 


    
"I want to marry you someday" Kai softly said

Sehun felt his heartbeat fasten, it was a random but a very important topic and it caught him off guard.

Kai took Sehun's hand in his before pressing his lips against the skin "No pressure though, we still have a lot of time"
    

 


    
       
That's what we thought, that we still have all the time we need. I wanted to say that I want to marry him as well but my heart was about to explode, as to why I can't speak.

Talking about marriage under the stars was the most romantic thing I almost experienced. With the only man, I ever loved.

I have a lot of things to say that time, like, I want to build a family with him, marry him under the stars just like what we love, explore the world while holding his hand. All of those clogged my throat, I can't breathe. Just imagining those things push all the happiness out of me. 
    
    

 


     
"Do you want to live in another country?" Kai asked after a long comfortable silence

Sehun shook his head. "I want to travel, but I don't think I could leave home. It's different in Korea"

"Where then?"

"There's so many, almost all, but my top picks are Japan, Italy, France, and Canada"

"Why them?"

Sehun laughed softly "I don't know, I just want to. Do I need an explanation for that?"

Kai nodded with raised brows

"Just like how I love you, I need an explanation for that?"

Kai grinned before cupping Sehun's face and kissed him. "You don't have to change the topic" he smiled once they pulled away.
     
     

 


     
Kissing is great but kissing someone you truly love under the stars gives a different vibe. I wanted things to stay that way, but unfortunately, life has other plans for us.

We got busy when last year in college came around. I wanted to be an architect, he wanted to be an engineer. A match made in heaven, you could describ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter