Chapter 3

Love Me Again (Ongoing)

“Ellie, wake up. We’re here,” Krizzia said as she gently shook the shoulder of the girl sleeping beside her.

 

            A young woman, more or less 20 years of age, with long, wavy, golden brown hair, slowly opened her eyes. She then tried to look straight at the other girl who had just woken her up. She was trying very hard to fight off the dizziness she was feeling right at that moment.

 

            “It’s time to go,” Krizzia repeated.

 

            “I think I am going to have a headache afterwards,” she uttered as she carelessly stood up and looked around.

 

            “Ellie, Krizzia, what are you guys waiting for? We’re the only ones left in the plane,” Samar shouted as she signaled the two girls to hurry.

 

            “Come on, Ellie. Cheer up. It’s not that bad. This is going to be a very exciting experience for you,” Krizzia said with a smile.

 

            Ellie immediately frowned. “An exciting experience? Are you kidding me? You do know that I hate going out right?” she said with a raised eyebrow.

 

            Krizzia just smiled and didn’t even respond to Ellie’s sarcastic remark. She was already used to Ellie’s mood swings. She and Samar had been with Ellie for almost six years. They had been taking care of her like she was their own sister.

 

            “Ellie, stop complaining. You’re already here. So you might as well, enjoy yourself. And besides it was you who agreed to do this project. So stop being negative about things,” Samar said seriously as she helped Ellie with the bag she was carrying.

 

            “Okay . . . Okay . . . I know I was the one who accepted their offer. But you see when they said that they wanted me to do a script for them, they didn’t tell me that I needed to be on the set of the drama as well. I thought that I just needed to submit the story and that’s it. I had no idea that I needed to go and supervise the whole making of the drama. This trip is totally going to ruin all my plans for a month . . . Oohhh! I should have been more careful when accepting job offers,” Ellie uttered with a deep sigh.

 

            She knew she was the one to blame, and she needed to accept everything.

 

            “Well . . . just think of this in another way . . .at least, you’re here in Japan. You can have a whole month of free vacation here,” Krizzia said while trying to tease Ellie. 

 

            Ellie sighed again. “Vacation? A good experience? Hmmm . . . I’m not really that excited about this trip. In fact, I have a bad feeling about coming here.”

 

            “Bad feeling? What do you mean?” Samar asked with concern.

 

            “Oh, just forget about it. Come on, I really want to rest first before we start with this job,” Ellie said  as she tried to forget the weird feeling she was having.

 

            An hour later . . . at Avex Trax.

 

            “What do you guys think about the new script writer they hired?” Max curiously asked the other boys.

 

            “Well, she’s really not a script writer. She’s actually a novelist,” Micky corrected Max.

 

            “Oh, well there’s really no difference between a script writer and a novelist,” Max uttered with a smile.

 

            “Boys . . .” the DBSK boys’ manager called out as he entered the room.

 

            “Hyung, so how long are we supposed to wait here?” Xiah asked curiously.

 

            The older man couldn’t help but shook his head in disbelief. He knew that the DBSK boys wanted to go home already.

 

            “I can see that all of you are already getting bored of waiting. Don’t worry. They are already on their way here. Please give the girl some consideration. She just flew in from California. So she went to the hotel first to freshen herself up before coming here. Just a few minutes more and all of you will finally be able to meet the person who will work with you on this new project. So just relax and wait,” their manager said seriously.

 

            “Hyung, is it true? I heard she’s quite young and I’m just wondering how come she was selected,” U-Know asked with curiosity.

 

            The older man smiled. “Yes, she’s young. I think she’s only 20. But even if she’s young, she’s already a well established and very famous writer. As far as I know, her latest book has already sold about 15 million copies worldwide. And that book is just released for less than a month. And that . . . my dear boys . . . is the main reason why she was chosen as the script writer. The top officials of Avex and SM think that it would be a big attraction to this project if she was involved. And they were right., because as soon people learned about her participation in this drama, many sponsors have already agreed to take part in this project as well. And many people are already anticipating this show. And it is all because of her. . . So be nice to her guys. . .” their manager answered.

 

            “Really? She seems to be a very interesting person. Imagine she’s younger than us, but she already accomplished so much,” Max uttered with admiration.

 

            “Oh, before I forget . . . just try to get along with her okay? I also heard that she’s quite . . . how should I say it . . . different,” the old man said.

 

            “Different? What do you mean . . . by being different?” Micky asked curiously .

 

            “Well someone told me that she doesn’t really go out of their house. She basically just stays inside her house . . . 24 hours a day. She doesn’t talk with men. And she has a very weird personality. But I think those things are just rumors. Just make sure that you guys treat her nicely okay,” the old man answered.

 

            Micky immediately laughed and smiled with a hidden meaning. “Don’t worry. I will surely treat her nicely and sweetly.”

 

            The other DBSK members laughed out loud.

 

            “Micky, don’t get your hopes up too high. You don’t even know what the girl looks like,” Xiah said jokingly.

 

            “And if by chance . . . she is beautiful . . . then it would be more impossible for you,” Max added while trying to control his laughter.

 

            “I wonder what the girl looks like. I would surely like to take a picture of him once he sees the girl . . .  and she doesn’t actually match up to his taste,” Jaejoong teased.

 

            “Hyung, do you have any idea if she’s pretty or not?” Micky suddenly asked their manager.

 

            “Sorry, I don’t have any idea,” the old man answered with a smile. “Micky, I said be nice to her . . . and not make her your girlfriend,” their manager said as he lightly shook his head.

 

            “Micky’s really interested. . . I think we’re going to have trouble,” U-Know uttered with a light laugh.

           

            The boys had been laughing and teasing each other for more than several minutes that they didn’t notice that someone was approaching them.

 

            “Boys, I’d like you to meet our new script writer, the world famous novelist . . . Ellie,” the CEO of Avex happily introduced the woman beside him.

 

            The DBSK boys instantly stopped laughing and stared seriously at the young woman. They couldn’t believe that the girl they were talking about a few minutes ago was already standing in front of them.

 

            She wasn’t what they were all expecting. . . to top it all, she was an Asian. Somehow they were all expecting her to be an American based on her name and where she came from.

 

            Ellie slowly removed the sunglasses she was wearing, and carefully looked at each member of DBSK.

 

            All of the boys gasped in awe as they gazed at Ellie’s beautiful face. She was the epitome of perfection. Everything about her was undeniably perfect, from the hair, face, skin, figure and even the way she dressed was superb.

 

            The DBSK were all left speechless for a few minutes . . . They couldn’t believe that such a beauty was right in front of them.

 

            While Jaejoong stared at Ellie, his heart was continuously pounding very hard. He couldn’t explain why he was feeling strange as he continued to look at her. All he knew was that there was something about her that had triggered a long, lost and forgotten memory.

 

            Flashback . . . .

 

            “Jae, do you think we will always be together? What if . . . something happens to me and I suddenly leave you. . . And then we end up being apart from each other for a very long time. . . Do you think you will still recognize me after so many years have passed?” Lena asked while they both sat quietly in the park. She was resting her head on Jaejoong’s shoulder.

 

            “Of course, I will still recognize you, silly. You know you have a special part in my heart that no one else can ever replace. No matter what happens . . . no matter what you do . . . no matter where you go . . . even if we separate from each other . . . even if my eyes can no longer recognize you . . . my heart will always know it is you . . . My heart will always be able to tell . . . it is you. . .” he answered as he gently took her hand and tightly held it between his hands.

 

            Slowly the memories started to fade away. And as Jaejoong shifted back to reality, Lena’s face was instantly replaced with the face of the woman standing in front of him.

 

            And as their eyes met, his heart immediately stopped.

 

            “Lena,” was all he could utter.