Koe (ToMami)

SCANDAL ONESHOTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mami glances up at the blue sky as she scrambles her way to the studio, waiting for the neon lights to change and allow pedestrians to cross the busy street. She took time to admire the skyline of the city of Tokyo. It was the only thing that kept her distracted from all the buzz of the reality she's been facing everyday.

For the past seven years, everything she's been doing felt like a repetition of after that one fateful day, a routine, an endless cycle. She finds herself doing the same thing every single day, wake up, breakfast, bath, head to work, go home, eat, watch a movie then sleep.

She never thought it would end up like this after she decided to leave Osaka. Back then, she always told everyone that she wanted to be successful and that Tokyo is the best place for her to achieve her dreams and she was right, she had achieved recognition with her work as a solo artist, she even now writes her own songs and produces them. But despite the success, she had always felt so empty on the inside. Sure she live in luxury now, she bought her own apartment, never had to worry what to eat the next day, her parents are now contented with how her life turned out to be and didn't have to worry about her and yet even with all of these, she still feels empty.

Her day passes by in a blur. She couldn't find anything in her day that she could deem worthy to look back on. Maybe for others it could be something they could look back to and share with their family and friends, but not for her.

Something was definitely off or rather, a certain someone is missing from her life right now.

She was brought out of her reverie when the cashier asked for her membership card. She handed the guy her card which he used to swipe before scanning the barcode for the movie she had rented. It has been part of her daily routine to a watch movie before going to sleep, although she had a vague feeling that she wont be able to watch it.

"Ahh... I wonder if she still remembers me..." Mami mutters to herself as she heads back to her apartment, taking time as she walks down her memory lane.

She remembers the girl vividly in her mind, it was like just yesterday to her, a candid photo of a certain girl was stucked in her memory. She was a few inches shorter than her, long jet black hair, cute button nose, her eyes were big and bright that you can clearly see the her emotions through her them, and her smile that compliments her eyes-she was perfect in Mami's eyes. Too perfect to be exact. She sees her waving for her, calling her name with her unique and cute chipmunk voice. She just couldn't bring herself to forget Tomomi even after she left the girl seven years ago when she decided to chase her dreams.

They were bestfriends. Partners. A package deal as what Tomomi would always say whenever one of them lands a gig. Tomomi plays the bass while she plays the rhythm guitar. The both of them sings the vocals. Later on, they were able to form a band as they managed to find another guitarist with great vocals and an amazing drummer as well. They were doing well as an indie band then; they get small gigs to play on bars and even perform live shows during weekends at Shiroten, Osaka Castle Park. The crowd was small but it never was an issue, they were passionate individuals and believed their music would get noticed by a bigger crowd soon.

Her and Tomomi would spend time a lot together and later on started dating. Everything was simple and happy until Mami was scouted by a producer. Mami was adamant about only her was being scouted and not the rest of the group, she wanted to debut on a bigger stage with the reat of her bandmates but the producer only wanted her. He wanted her to be a solo artist. When Tomomi found out about it, the girl pushed her to grab the opportunity and debut.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter