Ch. 5

She Likes Me Too?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

They days of Rose counting down were over, the duo were finally back. She was on her way to the airport to pick Jennie and Jiyeon. After much debate, over a number of phone calls Jennie agreed that she and Jiyeon would to stay at Rose’s until she found her own place. The blonde receives a call from Jennie, she answers it through the car, “Hey we’re waiting in zone 2.” 

 

“Alright I’m about to pull up.”

 

“Oh I see you bye.” Jennie hangs up. Rose pulls up and quickly gets out the car. “Umma!” Jiyeon happily squeals when her mother gets out of the car. She makes her way around to the crub and picks her up, “Hey my baby girl I’ve missed you.” She kisses her cheeks repeatedly. “I missed you too Umma." Rose then walks over to Jennie for a hug, “I’m glad your back.” She says sincerely.

 

“Me too." Jennie replies with the same sincerity. “Lets get our stuff in the car. Don't want to hold up the line.”

 

“Right.” Rose chuckles, “I got Jiyeonnie a carseat the other day.” She opens the back passenger door and places the toddler into the seat, she buckles her in as Jennie starts putting their four of their suticases the trunk. “Ready?” Rose walks over. “Yeah.” Jennie replies closing the trunk. The blonde nods and walks over to the drivers seat while the brunette sits in the passenger seat.

 

“Are you ready to go Umma’s home Jiyeonnie?” Rose asks looking through her rearview mirror. “Yeah!” Jiyeon squeals. 

 

The drive from the airport to the Rose's apartment was relatively quiet other than Jiyeon pointing and saying “look” almost every 2 mins. The two mothers had occasion small talk but were both in their own heads. When they arrived to the parking garage Rose got out their luggage and Jennie got Jiyeon out the car. The blonde walks with two suitcases and Jennie took the other two suitcases, Jiyeon walked in between them.

 

Once they were up to Rose’s apartment they were greeted with the smell of pizza. “We’re here!” The blonde yells. Jisoo and Lisa quickly greet the newest additions, “Jenkudie! Jiyeonnie!” Jennie hugs her best friend while Lisa picks up her niece. "Hi Auntie Lisa!" The toddler responds. After Jisoo hugs Jennie the goes to grabs her niece while Lisa and Jennie hug each other. Jisoo pinches Jiyeon's cheek, “Hey cutie.” 

 

“Hi Auntie Jisoo!” 

 

“Ok guys we need to take their stuff to the spare room.” Rose interrupts the mini reunion pulling the luggage along. "You do that. We'll go eat pizza with Jiyeonnie.” Jisoo replies taking the toddler to the dining table with Lisa following. Jennie follows Rose down the hallway. The blonde was standing in front of the door to the spare bedroom, “Don't get mad but I got a bed and some other stuff for Jiyeon it keep here.” The opens the door. On one side of the room was the full size big and on the other side was a pink children’s size bed. 

 

“She'll love it.” The brunette smiles.

 

“Would you like to unpack now or?”

 

“No I’ll do it tomorrow we should probably check on Jiyeon.” Jennie teases rolling her suitcases over to the side. They leave to go make sure their friends haven’t killed their child. When they entered Jiyeon was standing on one of the dining chairs holding a whole pizza in her little hands. 

 

“Guys don't give her a whole slice and Jiyeon sit down.” Jennie shakes her head at the mess she just walked into. “What's wrong with the pizza?”  Lisa eyesbrows scrunch together. “You need to cut it into a few smaller pieces or it will get real messy plus it easier for her little hands." The brunette explains grabbing a plastic knife off the the table. “Jiyeonnie give me the pizza.” The child hands her mother the big slice of pizza and sat down. Jennie's friends watch her do the motherly task. They were all seeing her in a different light especially Rose. “There you go.” She places the plate of cut up pizza in front of Jiyeon.

 

"Amazing. Jisoo says impressed. “It's nothing really.” Jennie shrugs. “None of us knew that though.” Lisa states. “You’ll learn.” Jennie replies, “Rosie can you get Jiyeon’s bag I left by the front door.” She asks calling the blonde by the nick name only she was ever a loud to call her for the first time. It just came out naturally. Rose was surprised because she hasn't heard that nickname in years but at the same time it felt right hearing it from Jennie's mouth. 

 

“Here.” She gives Jennie the bag. “Thanks.” The brunette takes out a kids cup from the bag and places it by Jiyeon. Jennie hangs the bag onto the back of the chair then gets a slice of pizza for herself. She picks Jiyeon up and puts her on her lap. “Jiyeonnie needs a booster seat.” She announces. “We can go after my classes tomorrow.” Rose replies taking a sit at the other end of the table. “We need to go grocery shopping anyway.”

 

“Sounds good.” Jennie takes a bite of her pizza. 

 

After dinner Jennie got Jiyeon’s pjs out placing them on the bed while Rose started Jiyeon’s bath. The brunette gets the soap, wash cloth, and towel before returning to the bathroom where the other two were. She watches Rose put their daughter into the bathtub. “Would you like to bathe her or me?”

 

“I think I’ll just watch.” Rose scratches her neck nervously.

 

“Ok.” Jennie nods and squats down, “Jiyeonnie lets wash quickly." As she cleans Jiyeon, Rose watches carefully. From the way Jennie cutely talks to Jiyeon while washing her, the way Jennie held Jiyeon's head back in the water as she rinses her hair, just every little detail. She would not admit it but she loved the feeling she was having watching Jennie be so motherly. The Jennie she was seeing now wasn't the Jennie from years ago. This was a matured wonderful parent. 

 

“Can you hand me Jiyeon’s towel?” The blonde gives her the towel. She watches Jennie dry Jiyeon off before wrapping her up in the towel like a cocoon. “To the bedroom~" Jennie sings cradling her child. When they get to the bedroom she puts Jiyeon on the bed to finish drying her off. “After drying her off I put baby lotion on her.” Jennie explains to Rose who was sitting on the edge of the bed beside the two. “Do you want to put your clothes on or do you want me to?” She asks Jiyeon since she has been attempting to dress herself alot recently.

 

"You."

 

“Lastly are the pjs.” She puts underwear on her and then a childern's sleeping gown. “After all of that I brush her hair.” Jennie goes to her bag pulling out a brush and brushes her hair.

 

“And that’s Jiyeonnie’s routine.”

 

“When is her bed time?”

 

“9.”

 

The blonde takes h

Please log in to read the full chapter