Chapter 2

Read To Me

Mew was hanging around in Gulf's condo preparing for them to go on live together. In the meantime, he opened his phone and went back to the fanfiction him and Gulf were reading. Purr For Me, he clicked into the second chapter and called Gulf over. 

"I'm curious to see what cat me will do next." Gulf said as he sat down on Mew's lap with Mew bringing his phone out and in front of both of them and resting his head on Gulf's shoulder. 

"I've got a nice friend coming over for dinner tonight." Mew announces in the kitchen while Gulf is sprawled in front of the fridge. The cat lifts his head to give him attention. "His name is Tul. He's back from a long business trip."

"Hey, didn't you just visit P'Tul's restaurant not that long ago?" Gulf asked. "Yeah, you should come with me next time to try it out." Mew offered. 

"Yeah, I actually saw when he sent food for you last time and you ate it. Everything looked delicious, I have to go try it." Mew nodded in affirmation, "It is delicious. Some of the food was a bit too spicy for me but Tul tried to give me mild food so it was alright. I'm sure you would enjoy the spicy food." 

"We definitely have to go soon then." Mew placed his hand onto Gulf's coconut belly and began to rub and squeeze at it subconsciously as he continued reading. 

"So I'm making crispy pork with basil for dinner." 

Gulf turned toward Mew with a pout. Mew sighed, "Yes Yai nong, if you want we can go after the live to eat some crispy pork with basil." Gulf clapped his hands together gleefully. "Thank you P'Mew."

"You like it better when there are flavours right?" The question is asked but no answer is expected. "But if we make it too spicy you won't be able to eat it, and we don't want that, do we?" 

Mew let out a loud laugh. "If it's not spicy enough you won't be able to eat. I wouldn't make food spicy either, I won't be able to eat it." Gulf looked back at Mew, "But you've tried more spicy food with me, haven't you?"

"Yes, but my tolerance is still very low." Gulf shrugged in response, "Okay then."
 

Tul gives him a bright smile and sits on a chair. Mew wants to tell him it's Gulf's favourite spot after the sun lounger, but he can't bring himself to tell his friend to sit elsewhere when the cat isn't even outside with them. "You look happier. Have you met someone while I was gone and forgot to tell me about it." 

"You would want to make someone move from where they are if it's my seat wouldn't you. But you would just give me your lap instead because you're too nice to tell anyone to move." Gulf said, wriggling around on Mew's lap. 

"Yes, I would. Just so you know. I am happier since I met you, I have you, my parents and Chopper in my life." Gulf smiled. 

There is this young man though, the one who visits Mew's dreams from time to time. He seems to ignore the concept of clothes and always sticks to him in bed fully . His features are always a blur, which isn't that surprising knowing Mew's sleepy state, yet, he clearly remembers the catboy's beauty. Because that's who it is, a catboy, not a simple man. 

"Am I supposed to be the catboy?" Gulf asked confusedly. "Why am I always ?" 

Mew tilted his head in thought, "It appears that you're probably the catboy. And it's not like I haven't seen you before Gulf." 

On more than one occasion had Mew been willing to kiss the catboy, just to taste those lips that seemed to be expecting him to do so. but he had never crossed the line.

"Nong, I absolutely love your lips. You're already aware of how sometimes I need to stare at your nice full lips to get into the character of Tharn. It's also very nice kissing you."

Gulf knew his face down to his chest was red, it happened so easily when it was Mew although Gulf didn't usually get very embarrassed. "Thank you." He shyly said. 

"You got yourself a cat? Tul sounds surprised. He knows well Mew likes dogs better than cats.

"No dog or cat can ever compare to Chopper. I just love chopper." Mew proclaimed. Gulf gave him a scandalized look. "Chopper is not your only dog." 

"Well, I love them all but Chopper is my baby. Did you see how cute he looked on set in his little Toothless costume. He's just the cutest dog ever." 

"Yeah to you," Gulf said,"He's okay with me now but need I remind you that Chopper bit me?" Mew looked guilty, "It's because he heard me say I love you more than him. It was my fault, he was just territorial over me and how close we are." Gulf shook his head. 

"Meoow." Gulf meows with his ears pushed back and spreads himself all over Mew's feet. That's new, Mew notices. The feline has never done this before.

"See, even you staked your claim on me in front of Tul. You can't blame Chopper for doing the same with you." Gulf rolled his eyes but nodded anyway to show he understood and held no ill feelings for Chopper. 

"Do you need something Gulf?" The cat doesn't reply and turns around Mew's right foot. "Do you want to take a shower?" 

"I don't think you'd be able to take a shower with me Gulf, I don't have any alum. I should buy for when you stay over." 

"Nah Phi, I carry some with me."

The catboy slightly tilts his head to get a better look at Mew. It wants to be innocent, but it's not. Mew's eyes drop to the pair of plump lips, that tempting mouth he is so desirous to taste. It's just a dream Mew reminds himself, there's nothing preventing himself from giving in." 

Gulf puckers up his lips and makes a show of it already knowing that once Mew read that sentence his eyes were on Gulf's admittedly tempting lips. Mew's eyes were showing desire to kiss them but he blinked his beautiful eyes before looking back down at the screen. 

---

It's way shorter in comparison to Miliontears chapter length which may not make sense. I am rereading through the chapters and taking parts where I know enough information about them to make comments that seems to actually fit what they would say and think. 

It is also short because there's more of a dialogue between them and less of a storyline. I'm not delving into what relationship they have and leaving it vague as per what they are in reality since this story is working in tandem with their everyday lives and they are Phinong who love each other.