Present is A Gift

Suddenly You Matter (Mina x You)

One month passed...

 

"arghhhh!! why do I even stay here?? they demand so much and I only have one body and so little time. How do they expect me to finish it on time?? " Dannie said angrily as she went inside her house together with the paperworks that is supposed to be where it belongs.... in the office.

 

Dannie closed her door with her feet out of anger and then.. Bang! 

 

Dannie slipped on the floor and hit her hip.

 

"what happened???" Jay rushed to the front door. 

Saw Dannie with papers on her face bag on the right side and the umbrella rack felk beside her.

 

"pffft!! HAHAHAHAH! " Jay laughed and helped his friend. " what are you doing?? " he said in between laugh.

 

" not laughing." Dannie scoffed. " i was trying to close the door " " Can you just help me???" glaring the laughing man beside her.

 

Jay assisted the limping Dannie in the sofa. worried for his friend and then looked to the door...still open. He tried to hold a laugh.

 

"you know if you're just gonna laugh at me , you really don't have to mind visit me here." 

 

" if i wasn't here how could you help yourself?? you didn't even close the door. " Jay replied still controlling his laughter.

 

Then Dannie just laughed at her state and the reality of Jay being there for her again.

 

"Gomawo! " Dannie said trying to remember the second Korean word she knows. that earned a smile from her friend.

 

" That's right you should be thankful I visited you here even I should have been visiting tourist spots here with the group." 

 

" Yeah you are saying that like you've never been here. You studied here before right. " 

 

" Yeah but I wasn't able to really enjoy the places. because.."

 

" because we are broke back then" Dannie finished Jay's words. "But you are the only one who is not broke. Can I apply as your P.A.??? " Dannie teased 

 

" Hahaha No I can't recommend you. I think I will be the one who will assist you and not the other way around. " Jay laughed as he prepare the ice pack for Dannie.

 

"Ha.Ha. Very funny Jay." 

 

"Don't you have plans to leave or resign?? You are not enjoying your work and your pay doesn't even add up."

 

" Yeah I am planning to..just waiting for the right timing." 

 

"yeah right timing like when does that gonna happen huh?? a year or two?? " 

 

" it will..im just thankful for the company for not terminating me even I have availed all my leave for being sock every freaking year". Dannie explained while sitting on the ice pack and wincing because of the pain.

 

" you know Dannie you never change...just like the old days you stay even you are suffering. Just think about it okay. ?" 

 

"yeah.I will." Dannie nod like a child. " by the way when will I meet Junhoe???? " teasing Jay.

 

" yeah right about that." Jay smiled to an expectant Dannie. " N.E.V.E.R !! Hahahah" 

 

Dannie pouted. "is it the agency thing?" she asked.

 

" yes! so yeah I'm sorry. but all i can do is give you a video message from him. If you are okay with that. Or a free pass??"

 

"Like i could attend you know!? the day of your concert will be the most busy day of all." 

 

" so sad. T.T " Jay sighed

 

Dannie confused. "What's T.T? " 

 

" you don't know that??! " Jay feigned surprised to his ever boomer friend. " its a song one of Twice's dance move. You don't even have the free time to watch anything?"

 

"Nope. I don't. But I'm playing a game right now whenever I have free time," 

 

" That's an improvement" Jay sitting beside Dannie with food in hand. " here eat and then rest. I need to go and tomorrow I will send you to the doctor okay?" 

 

"Araso. I don't need to go to the doctor anyway. All I need is ice. hahah. I can work and play lying down." 

 

Jay shaking his head. Impressed by Dannie's antics. He stood up and then prepared so he wouldn't be recognized outside.

 

 

 

"You are trying not to be recognized but here you are dressing up like in a runway to blend in?? " Dannie laughed. "Noone dresses up like that in this weather Jay. It is so hot outside. " 

 

" this is my fashion Dannie just let me be.." Jay laughed. "I'll get going now. Take care okay? "

 

Dannie nodded. " Take care too!! " 

 

"Dannie didn't changed. she treats me like a normal person. which I am. But she really needs a life though." Jay thought to himself as he ran down Dannie's flat. 

 

And rode a taxi like how normal people do.

 

Dannie is left with a still messy room. Food on the table paperworks on the floor. Her bed that she didn't fixed since this morning.

 

She sighed. 

 

"Why didn't Jay mind fixing it for me before leaving? I thought he will be of help. " Dannie whined and laughed " But I'm really happy for him. I just couldn't support him like how his fans do." 

 

Dannie tried standing and walking towards her messy bed. 

 

" A lot is to be done and I am so so done. why am I like this? I really don't know where I am going or should be doing. " Dannie talking to herself while gently lying down.

 

Her phone lit up.

 

Dannie reached out for her phone and checked her Discord app.

 

It's the first time she played a game and it is Rice Of Emfries.

 

It is more on growing your castle and being part of an alliance is a must to be able to survive. If you don't you will be used as a farm by the big castles.

 

,________________

 

Annoying 🍊: hi d.

 

Dniiii: hey ying!

 

Annoying 🍊: 당신은 최근에 활동하지 않았습니다

 

________________

 

" she always forget that I don't understand whenever she type this way" Dannie complained.

 

Then she searched for it.

 

 

 

"Ohh so that's what it meant. Should I try to type something for her and translate it as well or ...." Dannie thought.

 

"Nah. I'm too lazy for that." 

 

______________

 

Dniiii: I've been really busy with work and some other stuff. So how's your castle doing?

 

Annoying 🍊: We have been attacked a couple of times now but yeah im already at C15. We can't fight back yet since we might get zeroed.

 

Dniiii: Ughh i forgot to shield again. 

 

Annoying 🍊: I know. I tried to reinforce you but the attacker is way to strong for us. 

 

Dniiii: you don't have to because it will cause you more rss to heal your troops.

 

Annoying 🍊: it's okay. i need to know their troops if wr could attack or not.

 

Dniiii: ohh i like the strategy. we will get stronger soon and we will attack them for sure.

 

Annoying 🍊: I'm not really into attacking that's why I'm a farmer. 

 

Dniiii: oh yeah. But I'm a raider I will loot them until they're zero.

 

Annoying 🍊: hahaha 馬鹿

 

Dniiii: wait...

 

Dniiii: Hahahahahahahahahah Im not. tho. this is the purpose of the game right. to grow and fight.

 

Annoying 🍊: 미안해 ✌️

 

Dniiii: It's okay. I'm logging off now. I already sent out my troops to gather for an upgrade soon. 

 

Annoying 🍊: Are you busy?

 

Dniiii: Not really. why?

 

Annoying 🍊: What time is it there now?

 

Dniiii: hmmmm 9:06PM there?

 

Annoying 🍊: 10:06pm. 🙂

 

Dniiii: almost bedtime.

 

Annoying 🍊: it's way past my bedtime. 

 

Dniiii: hahaha im shocked because you are still awake. 

 

Annoying 🍊: I was waiting for my institute to finish so i could send my workers to explore but you know what they did?

 

Dniiii: I think i know.

 

Annoying 🍊:

 

 

Dniiii: they are aggressive hahahahaha

Here's mine: 

 

 

Annoying 🍊: hahaha our workers think alike

 

Dniiii: yeah. by the way do you drink? coz I like Soju 

 

Annoying 🍊: not so much. 

 

Dniiii: why

 

Annoying 🍊: because of work. 

 

Dniiii: oohhh. okay. By the way. don't you have work tomorrow?

 

Annoying 🍊: no I don't. If i should say..I took an indefinite leave.

 

Dniiii: oh. is everything okay?

 

Annoying 🍊: Im not sure. Coz lately I've been feeling anxious lately and feel like everything or everyone will just leave me.

 

Dniiii: oh. i think I understand you. I too feel that way. 

 

Annoying 🍊: jinjja?

 

Dniiii: yes. so get the rest and time you deserve

 

Annoying 🍊: and level up my castle. hahaha

 

Dniiii: you'll surpass me in no time hahaha

 

Annoying 🍊: I will hahah I also feeding tim. I named my dragon Tim. hahaha

 

Annoying 🍊: ??

Annoying 🍊: d?? 👀

 

Annoying 🍊: ....

 

______________

 

Dannie fell asleep in no time while waiting for her friend's reply.

 

 

Next Day...

 

Dannie woke up from the sound of her phone ringing and her doorbell.

 

"what's all this noise??!" Dannie angrily yawn... reaching out for her phone where she couldn't find in the table beside her.

 

"where's the freaking phone?!!" as she stood up to check her bed.

 

And the pang of pain from last night's incident she realized she f**ked up. 

 

" Arrrghhhhh!!!!!!! my hips!! " she then slowly sat down on her bed again and tried to look for her phone. while tears slowly gushing her eyes because of the pain.

 

Dannie finally found it. "Hello!?" she answered angrily.

 

" Dannie? open the door please." the voice answered calmly. "I brought medicine for your hip". 

 

"Oh..im sorry. i just woke up from all this noise and forgot about my hip I stood up and now I'm sitting here in my bed. " She replied sorry for the sudden outburst. " can you wait for a bit? it's hard to move." 

 

" oh. that must've hurt. I will wait here." Jay replied worried for the woman inside.

 

After a couple of minutes. Dannie was able to stand and walked slowly to get the door for Jay.

 

Jay gave brought her breakfast and medicine for pain.

 

" How long have you been there waiting? " Dannie asked while eating the sandwich Jay brought for her.. while sitting sideways in the couch.

 

" I think an hour?" Jay replied. " joke!!! I just a arrived like 10mins.ago"

 

" Oh. good. Coz I'm in debt to you if ever you waited for more than an hour" Dannie said mockingly to he friend which she know very well that is not a morning persona and always late.

 

" HaHa Ha. You I'm never early. And I know you don't wake up early. so yeah." 

 

" So why are you here again? I already told you I'm not going to the doctor.". 

 

Jay sighed. " I'm not here to pursuade you. You are to stubborn. I have something to tell you."

 

Dannie gulped since she know that Jay seem serious.

 

" Okay. what is it about? that you act so serious."

 

" ahmmm..you know we have tours right?..

 

" yes.I know since you have fans in other countries" " what about it?"

 

Jay trying to muster his courage to talk to his friend. " one of those countries is Japan."

 

"then? ...so?...please stop with this thrilling effect like we are in some fanfiction or something. just spill it. " Dannie replied frustratingly. Adding hot sauce in her sandwich.

 

" I saw Cathy in Japan. And we- "

 

Dannie butted in before Jay finish his words 

 

" so you and her are dating?"