Past is Past cc

Suddenly You Matter (Mina x You)

Characters:

Liza Soberano as Dannie Carlos

 

Kim Da-mi as Cathy Velasquez

 

Jinhwan as Jay Dela Cruz

 

Twice as themselves ( looks More & More era )

 

*Disclaimer the time frame and role of each character is very different from their real life.*

prepare the song Hatid by the Juans and play it when i give signal

Chapter 1

Dannie was sitting on a bench, located in the mini-forest of her school, the wind breeze touches her hair gently. Just Dannie’s normal end of day routine waiting for someone in her favorite bench facing a big building with fountain in the middle. She observed that the fountain has lost its purpose since it doesn’t even have water in it, the supposed to be filled with water is filled with dried brown leaves and branches. It is empty.

“When will she finish” she sighed as she tilts her head looking at the trees above her where the sky is dark now. “It’s already 6:00pm”.

“Did I keep you waiting?” a very gentle and tired voice responded as she approached the tall girl.

“Yes you did!” Dannie playfully remarked, while motioning her hand for the girl in front to sit beside her. “Come sit beside me”.

“I already told you that you don’t have to wait, right?” “we already talked about this that – “

“I know.” The tall girl sighed again with a sad tone. “I’m just used to waiting for you like this. I… still don’t understand why…” she paused before a tear falls in her eyes, she tilted her head again.

“ you know it is for the best right?? I already explained to you. “ the small girl said in a sad but a little frustrated tone.  “please this time… can you let me decide …for myself.?”

***Play Hatid by the Juans  as BGM ***

Dannie paused.

The tall girl was taken aback she doesn’t want to come across as being forceful to Cathy but maybe she sounded like one and can be controlling if she insists. She doesn't want that.

“I understand.” She replied calmly. “Come on let’s go it is getting dark.”

Cathy observed that Dannie is controlling her tears, she hugged the tall girl from behind instinctively not thinking.

“I’m ..really…sorry..” she spoke somewhat sobbing tainting the tall girl’s white shirt with her tears.

The tall girl didn’t respond just touched Cathy’s hand and continued to walk. Then a sad and silent atmosphere envelope them while walking out of the woods and near the campus gate.

15min. passed

“You know my place is really near the school right?” Cathy jokingly said while they are approaching her place just to break the silence.

“when you walk me home I will be walking you too at the bus stop. “ Cathy continued

“So why not walk me home instead then?” Dannie responded; “it is just 1 hour away from here.”

“one hour!??” Cathy scoffed, “one hour by bus! You silly!” they both laughed.

“that’s why I’m walking you home,” Dannie said firmly while laughing.

"yeah! yeah! you win. again." Cathy said.

Dannie knows what it meant. She just shrugged it off.

Then they reached that place.

“So this is goodnight..Cathy” Dannie said with a smile on her lips but her eyes says differently.

Cathy couldn't see Dannie's face anymore because it was dark in that area where Dannie normally stays so Cathy's aunt and uncle couldn't see them kiss or hug... when they were still together.

So Dannie knows her place for the girl in front of her.

“Why does it sound like a goodbye” Cathy thought to herself. 

“yeah. Good night Dannie!” she smiled to the tall girl  evident that Dannie thinks she is really smiling.. while she walks towards her house,

“be careful, okay? I cannot walk you home ..hahahah” she laughed awkwardly.  Turning her back to the tall girl.

“I will!” Dannie replied while standing still, the love of her life moving away from her.

“please be careful too Cathy." Dannie sighed

"Always." Dannie slowly spoke.

"I will not be able to take care of you anymore because you will not let me” Dannie thought to herself .

After 5 minutes she went the other way …far from her heart’s home.

“Why does this day feel so different? Its’ been 2 months but why this time. Dannie pondered.

***End Hatid BGM***

“” 2 weeks later “””

Dannie’s home.

“Dannie!!! Don’t Cry please you’ll gonna ruin your make up” Dannie’s mom said with a tone of concern.

“I can’t stop it” Dannie said while wiping her tears with tissue. “I’m graduating!!!” Dannie continued the tissue can’t really stop her tears, she needs a bucket.

“I couldn’t see her anymore, so this is how’s its going to be now..right..” Dannie’s truthful thoughts..”Cathy..this is what you want.”

“I really didn’t think you are this happy to graduate, Dannie, I thought you just barely walk through your highschool life like that I didn’t even see you lift one pen during those 4 years.” Dannie’s mom joked trying to calm her daughter. “We really need to go now we will be late”.

Dannie’s University

Dannie arrived and there are lots of cars parked in the previously empty parking lot since the parents of the graduates and their relative are here to witness the special ceremony that they can brag about in social media, capturing every moment but not even one bit did it define the years, months and days of deadlines of projects, surprise quizzes, long exams and attendance based activities that doesn’t even count as part of your learning.

The cramming and the laugh with the people you call friends…and the one that make your heart feel that school is your home. Maybe that’s why school is your second home.

But just like home, you need to leave it.

Amidst the chaos of the people, the teachers instructing where the graduates should go even, they practiced it a couple of times.

Dannie’s eyes were aimlessly looking for that face she intentionally avoided past 2 weeks. She just felt to do it without even thinking, but she didn’t find that face.

“Waah!” a voice shouted behind her, “you still looking for her?” the voice asked

Dannie nodded. “but I guess she doesn’t want to be found anymore”. Dannie squinting her eyes looking for that small girl.

“yeah, you should think that way and stop this” pulling Dannie to face him and motion his hand to Dannie’s face.

“What this?” Dannie asked confused and mimicked  the boy in front. But was moved again and stumbled as she walks since Jay just pushed her to walk in front.

“oow! I know how to walk” she said sound irritated.

“then you are not doing a good job” Jay said while pushing Dannie away from the side where he saw Cathy looking in their way.

“you don’t have to see her again Dannie, I don’t want to see you cry again” Jay thought to himself.

After the graduation ceremony. 

Jay asked permission to Dannie’s parents if they could go outside since he has something to say to the tall girl.

“Where are we even going Jay?” Dannie asked confusingly while riding the jeepney with her friend for a couple of months.

The only friend she has even they just met a couple of months ago, while Jay was studying in her school to learn English and Dannie being interested in music. They somehow clicked.

“You’ll see” Jay winked. While looking away to Dannie and looking at the jeepney driver’s direction, “Para manong! Dira lang sa kanto.”  Jay said confidently to the driver in his best Visayan accent.

The jeepney stopped and the two unloaded the jeepney.

 

“So, we’ll be walking this steep now? Jay, I didn’t sign up for this. I am already tired from the ceremony and hungry. I am not prepared for any of this.” Dannie whined cutely to Jay.

“Stop complaining we will ride the motorcycle and go towards the restaurant on top of the hill” Jay said while blushing after seeing Dannie for the first time being cute.

“Do you even know how to ride one?” Dannie asked doubting the skills of Jay.

“Just trust me, will you?” Jay said while riding the motor first and then Dannie ride behind him holding him from behind. Jay froze.

“So?? Are you not gonna start the engine now?”

“Ahh yeah.” Starting the engine of the motor and then he drove up the hill.

….

“we are here! Get off now and I will look for a parking space, they said it gets busy here” Jay said.

“okay!” Dannie replied and then walked towards the beautiful view right before her eyes. “dae…bak.” She whispered enjoying the view.


Dannie sat down and enjoyed the view.

Calming herself since thoughts of the girl who holds her heart fills her mind.

"Don't.think.about.her. You are happy now. You deserve someone who will and is not afraid calling you her own." Dannie learned somehow to self talk just to keep her sane and grounded.

Jay is walking towards where Dannie is and find the girl.

“okay we need to find a spot righ…” Jay said while then he paused for a bit..looking at his friend…finally..smiling.

“Dannie?” Jay spoke and tapped Dannie's shoulder gently.

“yes?” Dannie turned her gazed to her friend who is smiling towards her.. “thank you Jay.” Hugged Jay who was shocked by his friend’s gesture.

“tahan na.” hugging Dannie back “I just saw you smile and now you are crying.” “You deserve to be happy Dannie”.

"I know. I know " Dannie didn't want to cry but Jay is there so she just felt to do so. Since it is Jay. Her trusted person.

“let’s eat now. we need to find where we can sit”  Jay pointing towards the restaurant beside them.

“ Jay, what’s with this ? what’s up? “ Dannie asked since it is the first time her friend treat her like this.

“ I have to tell you something.” He replied while eating the sliced steak he ordered.

“okay, what is it?” Dannie said with furrowed brows.

“I’m leaving tomorrow” Jay said as a matter of factly.

Looking at the choked-up Dannie since she was surprised “ take it easy..hahaha “ laughing at the sight of his friend.

“Wha --- *cough* *cough* “Dannie exclaimed while drinking water, “where are you going??”

“home! You know I just studied here to learn English right? And it was not easy. I miss my family."

“I know, that’s why we are friends because it is not easy being here too” Dannie sympathized with Jay.

“only for a moment tho since you had someone” Jay teased the girl who just jab the steak with hot sauce. since she loves hot sauce so much.

“right! “HAD” so you know as well how I felt when it ended right? Right?” taunting Jay while shoving two slices of steak from Jay’s plate where the boy didn’t even noticed.

“and you are lucky to have something to call home away from here, but me I’m stuck here … without you.” Dannie continued with sadness in her voice.

“I’m sorry. You will always have my support and will always be my friend.” I just wanted to pursue my dream to become an idol. "

“Idol? You always say that but I didn’t even mind asking you about that. What it meant to be an idol”.

“it is like being a singer in Korea like a popstar…you know like 2ne1 and wondergirls.” Jay continue giving samples to Dannie who is not familiar with the terms and the bands.

“oh yeah… I think I somehow get it. There is always something we must pursue right? But I envy you for that, I don’t even know what I should be doing or what I should take in college. “

“ahahaha it is so you Dannie.” “But I know you will have something to look forward in the future. Me  I’m not even sure if I will be successful.”

" You can always take music Dannie. You have the talent." Jay pursuaded. " So someday we could collaborate together."

“Wow! Way to go crush your dreams, don’t think like that. I know you will become big." She encouraged.

" I'm not skillful Jay. I just love music. But not to the extent pursuing it."

"I'm just saying. You have that in you." he said.

Hope you don’t forget me when you get famous.. But I can’t assure you that I will be a fan okay???, you wish!” Dannie mockingly started to banter with Jay since she doesn’t want to get all mushy with her friend who is LEAVING tomorrow.

The betrayal of this boy. haha

“Daebak!!!! You sure are one unique friend! I will definitely forget you!!!!” Jay said pretending to get offended. But is very sorry for her friend. He really doesn’t want to drag the goodbyes since he wanted it to be a short but memorable one. He is not good at that. Especially to his valued friend.

Batch 2010.

Present

“That was one funny memory you have for me, JAY!” Dannie laughed while on the phone talking with her “famous” friend before he starts to film a video with his group, iKon, for their anniversary.

“hahaha…I still can’t believe you are not a fan…don’t worry I still have more to show you, you will definitely love our coming album.” Jay proudly bragged.

“Hey don’t misunderstand! I love the perks! I receive free albums from you, you know I am an iKonic you are just jealous that you are not my bias.” Dannie teased Jay who is about to go.

“I need to go now, but still I am offended by you Dannie!!!!!!, I really have to go. “Jay bid goodbye. “Talk to you later.”

“Okay Jay. Send my regards to Junhoe.” Talk to you later” Dannie laughed at herself.

" wow I didn't know you even know that term bias." Jay laughed.

" I just borrowed it somewhere"

She loves to friend.

He will visit next month since Ikon will have a concert here in the Philippines.

He didn’t change. They are still friends they reconnected after 4-5 years of not talking since both were busy. 

Or in a way disconnected.

And Dannie doesn’t have any social media presence so there was no other way to reconnect.

Up until October 2015.  She decided to get active.

Remembered Jay's old email and tried to send an email.

Luckily Jay still uses it but there was a big gap to both of them that they needed to clear up before they went back to their normal. closeness.