First Meeting

Love and Hate

You walked through the hallways and sighed. Aigh... Why am I so nervous? Of course, it's the first day. Aiya, now I'm just becoming confused... 

You smiled and tried to shake off the feeling. Ruffling your hair a little bit, you continued to walk through the hall and spotted a crowd that was getting bigger by the second. Standing on your tiptoes and peeking through the crowd, you squeaked a little as you saw the boys. They were all blond and pretty, that was for sure. Although, what's the big deal? It's not like pretty boys are uncommon in this school, you thought to yourself. They're probably mean, too. Just like all those pretty boys who are constantly looking in the mirror. 

"~~~~~!" Someone shouted. You turned around to see your best friend run towards you. "Hey, did you see those boys yet?"

"Yeah," you replied. "But I don't really see the point. I mean-" Someone bumped into you, causing you to drop your books. You were shy, and your cheeks started flaming instantly. A blond boy reached down and grabbed the books. 

"Are you alright?" He shot you a pretty smile and held out the books for you to take. When he saw you hesitate, he smiled and patted your head. "It's okay. I don't bite," he joked. 

"A-ah..." You felt your cheeks turn even redder. "S-sorry..." You bowed and took the books. 

He shook his head. "Don't be sorry. It was my fault." He bowed back politely and shot you another gorgeous smile. "Hey, what's your name?" 

"I-I'm... ~~~~ ." You glanced up a little bit to look into his eyes. 

"Oh, that's a pretty name," he said, nodding. "My name is Jongup. I'll be seeing you around, okay?" He waited for you to respond. When you didn't, he chuckled and ruffled your hair. "Don't think you can get out of it." You responded quickly with a nod. "Okay, I'm leaving now, bye~" 

"B-bye..." You felt your cheeks return to normal color as he walked away.

"Whoa..." your best friend widened her eyes and grinned at you. "SCORE!" She elbowed you a little and pointed to where Jongup was standing. He was with the other blonde boys, and they were all looking in your direction. All of them smiled at you, making you feel kind of warm on the inside.

"W-what... It's nothing," you shook your head quickly, pretending that you hadn't met Jongup.

"Are you kidding? I'm not stupid. I was standing right THERE!" She rolled her eyes and grabbed your wrist. "Come on, we're going to class. You can flirt with Jongup later." When she saw you turn red again, she laughed and nodded. "You like him, don't you."

"I..." You quickly glanced back to where Jongup was standing. He smiled shyly and waved at you when he caught your eyes. You blushed again, looking somewhere else. But you smiled a little as you were dragged off to class.

Maybe... Maybe these boys are going to be okay after all.

~~~

 You plopped down in your chair. Your best friend was seated on the other side of the room, thanks to the super-strict teacher. However, you didn't have to sit next to anyone you didn't know. The chair next to you was empty. 

"Juesonghamnida!" Another one of the blonde boys rushed into the classroom, panting slightly. He smiled sweetly at the class. "Sorry I'm late. I had some stuff to do," he stated plainly, not saying anything else. "Don't worry, I have a pass." He pulled out a blue sheet of paper and handed it to the teacher, who merely glanced at it. 

"Take a seat," your teacher said. The only empty seat was next to you. You sighed, not quite anticipating this. Thanks to your shyness, you were already feeling nervous at the thought of meeting someone new. 

"Hello, what's your name?" He asked with a smile. 

"I'm... ." You half bowed in your seat. He returned it and slid into the chair. 

"I'm Zelo." He puffed out his cheeks, causing you to blush. 

"Pay attention!" The teacher walked over to you two. "Is there anything that you two would like to say? I'm sure the principal would love to hear it. Right, ?" 

You turned even redder at this. Zelo glanced over at you then back at the teacher. "Yes, I'm sorry. It was my fault. I was distracting her even when she told me not to." 

"Don't let it happen again." The teacher walked back to the front of the classroom. "Now, to continue with the lesson..." 

"Thanks," you whispered to Zelo. He nodded and smiled. 

"No problem." 

~~~

At lunch, you were sitting by yourself, waiting for your best friend to finish buying lunch. What's taking her so long? You thought to yourself, sighing. A bunch of lunch trays landed on your table, and you looked up to see who had put them there. 

"Hello~" Jongup slid next to you cheerfully. 

"Annyeong!" Zelo smiled, taking the other seat next to you. "We want to introduce you to the other boys." He pointed at each boy and said their name. "Himchan, Bang Yong Guk, Daehyun, and Youngjae." At the mention of their names, each member nodded and offered a smile. Except Daehyun, who sat silently with what looked like a mask on. 

"Why does he-" you gestured towards Daehyun's mask, feeling a bit awkward asking your question straight out loud. Zelo sensed it and nodded. 

"Ah, yes. That's just a fashion accessory," he shrugged. "Daehyun has an... interesting sense of fashion. But it's definitely something and makes a statement." Daehyun sat quietly, not uttering a single word.  Your best friend walked over and froze, seeing the six boys sitting in front of you. She smirked and turned abruptly, ignoring your waving and walking in the other direction. 

"So, if you ever need help with anything, don't hesitate to call us," Jongup piped up. "See here, Himchan can help you with your homework and things like that. I can protect you~" he said cutely, showing off his muscles. "BYG is plain scary, so he can protect you, too. Daehyun is the well rounded one and can probably help you too... Zelo is cute, so I'm not sure what he can help you with," Jongup shrugged, "But, you never know. And Youngjae, well, I guess he can help you just as much as the rest of us." 

You nodded. 

"Oh, and by the way, guys, this is . I forgot to tell you," Zelo smiled sheepishly, adding a fake cough. 

"You stupid robot," BYG rolled his eyes. 

"Robot is Yong Guk's nickname for Zelo," Himchan supplied. 

"A-ah... I see." You nodded. 

This school year is going to be very interesting, you thought to yourself as you continued to listen to these boys. As for your best friend, you could see her at another table giggling and giving you thumbs-up signs. You gave up trying to explain the situation to her, so you just rolled your eyes and tried your best to keep yourself from blushing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

So, this is the first chapter. Please comment and tell me what you think! 

...But try to stay away from saying things like "PLEASE UPDATE!" 

Don't worry, I will, and if I go on hiatus, I'll tell you in advance. 

THANKS FOR READING~