Ring

shades of pink and blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun adjusted her face mask, hoping it would be a sufficient disguise, as she entered the familiar jewelry shop around the corner.

 

Once inside, she saw the owner of the store who she met a few days ago. Looking up from her spot, the old woman gave her a warm smile, recognition clear in her eyes. 

 

"Hi, dear. It's good to see you again. Is there anything i can get you?"

 

Joohyun bowed politely before taking something out from one of her jacket pockets. 

 

"Hi. I'd actually like to return this if that's okay."

 

The owner gave her a questioning look. In Joohyun's hand was the small velvet box she purchased just a week ago - inside was the prettiest diamond ring she's ever seen, one that Joohyun thought would look even prettier on Seungwan's finger. 

 

"Oh, what happened dear? I was rooting for your proposal."

 

Joohyun smiled at her, as she shook her head slightly. "I guess things don't always turn out the way we expect them to." 

 

But before the older woman could respond, the chimes of the glass door entrance were heard, signaling the presence of someone new.

 

Joohyun turned around and smiled at the sight that greeted her. There was Seungwan - sporting an identical face mask with cheeks flushed from the weather; bubble tea in one hand and a huge grin plastered on her face, making her cheeks look extra fluffy. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter