Stay With Me

Stay With Me

Packing my bags silently, I let my tears fall. Staying here was a bad idea, I knew from the start. So, why did I stay? From the very first day, I regretted my decision, but something made me stay every time I tried to leave. Why? Had I already fallen for him? Is that what made me stay? Or was I too foolish, too blind, to see what was best for me?

Too absorbed in my thoughts, I hadn't noticed my best friend walk into the room until he cleared his throat, making me turn around. "Sunny..." He started, but I instantly cut him off.
"Nothing you say will make me stay JunHyung. Nothing. Don't bother wasting your breath." It pained me to say it. But I was scared. Scared that if I listened to what he had to say, I might actually change my mind. Stay. I want to, but I can't.

So that he couldn't see my tears, I turned away. JunHyung knew everything. He'd known me for so long, I could tell him anything. But, he was also the reason I was here.

JunHyung was like a brother to me, so when he asked me stay with him and his friends, I didn't think there'd be a problem. Until I met him. How could I fall for someone so annoying? Heartless?

"Sunny... Where are you going to go?" JunHyung's words broke me from my thoughts.

"Back to my parents'." I sniffed, trying to stop the tears.

"Why are you leaving?" My friend sighed. His voice was weak, almost a whisper. He already knew.

"I'm a burden, all I ever cause you is pain."

"You know what isn't true."

He was right. But I couldn't say what was wrong, not with them out side. If he heard, I don't know what I'd do.

JunHyung held out his hands, offering a hug. Instantly, I took the offer, almost running over to him before I rapped my arms around him. When he hugged me back tightly, I knew I'd miss these moments, and the tears wouldn't stop flowing. I made some great friends while I was here, but at the same time...

"Its because of him, right?" He whispered into my ear, knowing I didn't want anyone else to hear. I tried to talk, but decided against it and just nodded instead.

JunHyung sighed and pulled away from me. I let go of him reluctantly, knowing it would be one of the last hugs I got off him. He put his hand on my head and smiled, although his eyes still showed depression. "Well its not going to change if you don't tell him."

"I don't know if I want it to change..."

Once again, JunHyung sighed. "But you're sick of feeling like this, right?"

"Yeah but still..." I didn't know what he was trying to say.

"Sunny, I'm not saying you have to, but if you don't tell him how you feel things are never going to get better." He was right. Yet still, I didn't want to tell the boy how I felt. What if he reacted in the wrong way, well, I wouldn't be surprised with the way he acts anyway.

"I..."

JunHyung sighed again. "Just do what you thinks right."

 

--

 

Silently, the five of us waited outside the room. For seemingly forever, the conversation inside the room quietened down, and we could no longer hear. I wondered what was going on. We all knew Sunny would leave one day. She wasn't happy here, even though she tried to hide it. It hadn't helped that I wasn't the nicest to her. Maybe the way I'd treated her made it worse. Now I really wished I'd just been nice to her.

But, I had a reason for it. When she first moved in, she didn't pay attention to me, everyone else was too busy trying to help her get settled in. It annoyed me, because I wanted her to notice me, too. I automatically thought she'd notice me if I treated her different. While it worked, it wasn't the way I wanted it to be. All I wanted was for her to smile at me, but instead she'd frown and pull faces.

"You should have been nicer to her HyunSeung." DooJoon whispered, still wanting to hear what was happening in the room while also getting his point across.

"Now she's going to leave and you're not gonna get to talk to her again." KiKwang added.

DongWoon sighed. "If only you hadn't been so desperate to get her attention."

His words shocked me and I looked up at the four of them. "Huh?"

"You didn't think we'd noticed?" YoSeob looked at me before turning back to the door.

Noticing my blank expression, DooJoon rolled his eyes, however it was KiKwang that spoke. "When you tried to get her to do things with you but she'd always say no because we were."

"We're sorry. We should have gave you more chances." DongWoon spoke quietly.

I didn't answer them, simply stayed quiet, waiting for something to happen from behind the door. After a couple of moments, the conversation could be heard again.

"Well its not going to change if you don't tell him." JunHyung's voice came from behind the door, startling us all before we quickly started listening again.

"I don't know if I want it to change..." Sunny's voice was quiet and almost none existent.

"But you're sick of feeling like this, right?" Everyone could hear that JunHyung was just as sad and Sunny.

"Yeah but still..."

"Sunny, I'm not saying you have to, but if you don't tell him how you feel things are never going to get better." I wondered who it was that the two were talking about, but noticed a couple of the others glancing over at me. I shook my head, it couldn't be.

"I..."

JunHyung quickly cut the girl off. "Just do what you thinks right." With that said footsteps could be heard coming towards the door as we all quickly moved away from it. When JunHyung stepped out, he gave me a stern look. "Fix it."

Shocked, I looked at him in disbelief. "Me?"

He looked at though he didn't have time for messing around, as he nodded, his expression never changing. "And hurry up with it."

As I stepped into the room and closed the door behind me, I realised it was really dark. If it hadn't been for the light outside, I wouldn't be able to see. "Urgh, Sunny?" I asked, not knowing what to say. Getting me to sort it of all people was his worse idea.

"What?" Sunny's sad but harsh voice came from behind me, however I couldn't see her as my eyes still hadn't adjusted to the light.

"Urgh."

She sighed. "If you've got nothing to say just leave."

"No, its not that, just. Where are you?"

"Here." This time her voice came from besides me, but it wasn't close. She must have been moving around.

"I can't see you, it's too dark."

She sighed, and moments later a light came on, although it didn't light the whole room, at least I was able to see her. Yet, now I sorta wished I couldn't. Her face was tear stained and her eyes red. She avoided looking at me, probable thinking I'd make a comment on her appearance.

Sighing, I caught her attention, instantly thinking it was the best time to talk. "I'm sorry."

She looked at me, almost surprised. "What?"

"I said 'I'm sorry'." I repeated.

"No, I mean, what for?" Looking at the girl, I realised she was being serious with her question.

"For the way I treated you. I shouldn't have been so desperate for you to notice me. Now look what I've done. You won't even look at me." I turned my attention to the floor, expecting her to laugh. However, she never, and when I looked at her I was shocked to see her crying. "Why...?"

"I'm sorry HyunSeung. If hadn't pretended I didn't know you were there..." What does she mean.

"What?"

"I'm sorry."

Not yet understanding, I walked closer to her. She stayed in her spot, only turning her attention to the floor. "Sunny, what are you sorry for?"

She looked up at me, her eyes teary. "Because... Because... Because I never told you I love you."

"Uh." I was shocked, but the girls expression didn't change. She was serious, it wasn't a joke. Why would it be. Smiling, I rapped my arms around her. "Prove it, by never leaving me." She buried her facing in my chest as she returned the hug, nodding. "And don't cry alone anymore. Come to me when you need someone. Smile, because that's what you look best doing."

"HyunSeung..."

"Yeah."

"Thank you."

"Don't worry about it, because I love you."