country roads, take me home

how I found love in a DVD rental shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong stood disgusted next to Yuta who was hiding behind the counter, turning a sweet lollipop in his mouth. Being tired of his best friend's childish behavior, Lee wouldn't have agreed to go with him back to the DVD rental store if he hadn't offered him something sweet in return.

 

"How long are you going to hide, Yuta? We come here every other day. At this rate, we will never see our dream movies." The Korean poked his hunched friend on the shoulder, who glared at him with hostility.

 

"I-It's n-not my fault he's always ahead of us!" Yuta became indignant when he noticed again how the handsome stranger was renting a movie in front of them that he and Taeyong planned to watch tonight.

 

Well, Yuta was getting irritated by all this. With Taeyong he decided to rent a small apartment together when they got to their dream uni, but due to the lack of money, they couldn't go to the cinemas or gigs too much. Hence, looking at their unhappy lives, their good friend Johnny recommended them the music and movie rental shop near the university cafe, where they had become regular customers for a long time.

 

Both of them, being cinema fans, spent most of their free time between exams and studying watching genre classics or movies bestsellers. Also, a small amount of renting the DVD and Johnny's extra discount was like winning a lottery ticket to them.

 

The problem started when most of the films the boys wanted to watch were snatched right out of their hands. The culprit was a handsome boy with wavy pale pink hair and dimples in his cheeks as soon as he smiled slightly. It made Yuta furious, but Taeyong quickly understood that the blush on Yuta's face that arose when he saw Jaehyun was due to infatuation, not anger.

 

Jung Jaehyun, because that was the name of the handsome devil from the rental shop, was also a student at the same university where the friends attended. Taeyong knew him thanks to Johnny, with whom the boy attended basketball classes. However, having the satisfaction that Yuta was able to be silent at least for ten minutes whenever he saw Jaehyun, Lee decided not to introduce them to each other and watched as their relationship will develop.

 

Once, however, with other plans for the evening, Taeyong refused to accompany Yuta to the rental shop, forcing the offended Japanese to go there alone. Nakamoto accepted with a heavy heart the betrayal of his friend who preferred to go out with his girlfriend than sit with him and watch LOTR.

 

It was Saturday night, and Nakamoto prayed fervently that he would not meet someone he really didn't want to see today. Also, it wasn't his best day and the boy just didn't have the strength to talk to anyone. So, dressed in gray sweatpants and an oversized pink hoodie, Yuta went to the fantasy section, hoping that no one had come up with the idea of renting the second part of The Lord of the Rings. And just as he was reaching for the colored box with the film, someone grabbed it first and this time it was too much for Yuta to just let it go.

 

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter