CoverUp~

CURSED: A Pentagon FF

"Hyung!!" Kino shouts from his room, not caring which brother came in.

Hongseok knocks and pushes the door open.

"Just because the doctor said to rest, doesn't mean you can deafen us every 10 minutes." He sighs, walking over to climb up onto the younger's bed, "what did you need?"

"Can I go out tomorrow? Pretty please?" Kino asks, batting his eyelids cutely. Hongseok's eyes soften at the sight, and a bit of hope builds in Kino's chest. The older opens his mouth to speak, and Kino's eyes widen in anticipation.

"...no."

Kino's face drops and turns into a childish frown. He looks like he wants to cry right there.

"Why, Hongseokie?" Kino questions, pulling out the pout, "I haven't done anything wrong. The doctor only told me to rest until I felt okay."

"I don't care," Hongseok responds, "you literally got out of the hospital this morning."

Kino lets out a frustrated groan, and Hongseok jumps to the floor.

"I said no Kino," he says, opening the door again, "just this once, please listen to me."

Kino nods sadly, understanding his concern.

——— the next morning (9:39am)———

"Yah, hyunggu," a voice rings through his head, and a shake of his shoulders finally pushes his eyes open.

"What is it?" Kino replies, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Why do you want to leave?"

Kino explains straight away, that spark of hope appearing again.

"Pack a bag," Shinwon says, glancing over to the door where Hui was stood. Kino looks confused but complies, jumping down and picking up the purple backpack.

"Why do I need to pack?" The youngest asks, dropping his headphones into the bag, secretly hoping his feeling was right.

"You want to meet this dude right?" Hui responds from the door, "we'll take you."

Kino grins and speeds up his packing, making the older two laugh.

They leave a note on the countertop, and heas to the door.

"Honk's gonna be so mad," Hui says, giggling slightly. As they defy their 'mothers' orders, they can't help but laugh like little school kids as they travel down the stairs.

"I'm driving by the way, I'll just drop you two off," Shinwon says, getting into the drivers side of the old car, "dang this is ancient."

Once everyone is strapped in, Shinwon speeds off ... at a somewhat safe speed ...

——— Two hours later ———

Kino sends Wooseok a message to inform him of Hui coming.

They arrive at the park within 5 minutes of the text.

They wave goodbye to Shinwon and watch the car disappears down the road.

"We have a hotel booked, it saves Shinwon driving all the way back here," Hui tells Kino as they stroll down the concrete path.

"Won't Hongseok hyung worry even more?" Kino questions, and Hui shakes his head.

"Shinwon will deal with it," Hui answers, "everything will be fine."

——

"Kino?" A tall boy stands up from a bench a few meters away, he wore a dark red and black coat and cap.

"Wooseok?" Kino responds, quickening his pace to meet him.

"It's been a while," Wooseok says, rubbing the nape of his neck. He smiles slightly and bows his head to Hui, who just caught up.

Kino nods and the three head on to the street.

——— A few hours later, in Seoul ———

Hongseok locks the door behind him and throws his bag onto the couch. Shinwon jumps at the sound and falls off of the seat, hitting the floor with a thud.

"Oh, did I wake you?" Hongseok sniggers, sitting at the table.

"Not at all, I just fall face first onto the floor for fun," Shinwon responds, yawning.

"Where is everyone?" Hongseok asks, "I dropped by Hui's work but he wasn't in, Kino isn't in bed."

"How'd you know Kino isn't in bed?" Shinwon asks, raising an eyebrow.

"There's literally a trail of clothes leading from your room to the door..." Hongseok answers, crossing his arms, "are you gonna answer me now?"

"I drove them to a park," Shinwon responds, telling the very vague truth, "it was a while away but I didn't mind."

"I mind, I can't take any more days off of work if he's ill," Hongseok says, and Shinwon gets confused.

"You took the day off?"

"Mhmm, I went to the gym this morning, came back to an empty house, so I went shopping and met up with Jinho to give you a chance to get back," Hongseok tells him, reaching across the table to grab an apple.

"Oh wow."

Hongseok nods, and Shinwon's feels slightly guilty. The older boys face twists from a straight-faced, neutral expression to a face masked by disappointment.

"I just- I ask you to do one thing and you do the complete opposite," He blurts out, startling the other, "and you wonder why I find it hard to trust you with anything. How do I even know you're telling me the truth?"

"Wow... you're really doubting me like that? And, are you bringing the past into this?" Shinwon stares at him in shock. He wasn't the most honest person when he was younger, he lied a lot... even when he didn't need to. He's better now, its taken a few years but he is much more reliable.

The fact that Hongseok brought it up agitated him. 'But it's probably best not to anger the dude with IED...' is what he thought to himself.