SmallSecret~

CURSED: A Pentagon FF

Kino woke up in the ER surrounding by his roommates and Jinho. As soon as he fully turned towards them, meeting their worried eyes, Hui leaps forwards and wraps him in a hug, making the younger laugh. Hongseok joins in, and much to his disgust, drags Shinwon with him. Jinho chuckles at the scene, but stays leaning against the wall.

"I'd like to speak with Kino please?" The doctor tells them, smiling.

The group nod, say their goodbyes and exit, leaving Kino with the oddly young doctor.

"I'm Dr Yeo Changgu, but you can call me Yeoone if that's more comfortable," the man sits in the chair next to the bed, "we actually found something interesting if you're ready to discuss it."

"Can I have someone with me please?" Kino asks, the young innocence clear in his voice.

"Who would you like with you?" Yeoone responds, heading to the door

"Bring in Jinho please."

A few moments later, Jinho is sat on the bed next to Kino as they listen to the doctor explain.

"So Mr Jo, since you don't know about this, I'll explain in slight detail," Yeoone says, placing his clipboard on the side table, "Kino has an... ability... he can see glimpses of full scenes from someone's future. It can be positive, like a wedding for example, or negative, like a crime or death in the area. It mainly occurs when he's asleep, but recently it seems to be happening sporadically, which is something we should keep track of."

Jinho just nods, not knowing what to say.

"Now onto the big stuff, as you know, no one here specialises in this stuff but I did some digging and found some help," The doctor smiles, "He's a foreign scientist, Mr Yan. He found a small, and I mean minuscule, chip in your brain. It seems to have an electric current, which is obviously concerning. Personally, I think it could be a way for the government to track you or control you, if you understand what I'm saying."

"Yeah I understand," Is all Kino can reply. He grabs Jinho's hand and the older squeezes it reassuringly.

"There's two options," Yeoone continues, "you can either leave it, or you can let me do some surgery to remove it. You don't need to decide straight away. I can set up a meeting with Mr Yan, so he can explain in further detail."

Kino doesn't answer, he just stares into space, so Jinho responds instead.

"That'd be great, thank you."

"I would bring someone who speaks or understands Chinese, he isn't 100% fluent in Korean yet, but he's trying," Yeoone tells them, and they both nod, "that'll be all, I'll be in touch. Leave when you're ready, just check out at the reception."

They exchange goodbyes, and Kino and Jinho are left together.

"Why did you want me to come in? You have 3 roommates who are worried sick," Jinho questions, trying not to sound too rude.

"Because..." Kino begins, shuffling closer to him and resting a head on the older's shoulder, "I didn't want them to know that its recurring, and that this wasn't the first time. They'd worry even more, and I don't think I'd be able to see them like that."

He doesn't realise it, but a tear escapes his eye and travels down his cheek, falling into Jinho's white top. He begins to sob, gripping tightly onto the older boys arm.

"Ssh, hey, come here," Jinho replies, pulling Kino into a hug before slowly running a hand through his hair to calm him, "You need to tell them, it's- it's not something you should keep from them. They just want to help."

"Okay."

——