Chapter 6

Spring Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And another win!” you exclaimed as you stuck your tongue out at Luhan. “How? How do you keep winning?” Minseok questions. Shrugging, you get up, “Who’s next?” you ask as you hold out your controller. “Me!” Baekhyun jumps and takes the controller out of your hand and sits next to Luhan.

You’ve had fun staying here, even if it was just 5 days. The boys have warmed up to you, and you to them. But you’ve still avoided Jongin. Yes, you thanked him for the day after the storm; because you were grateful to him.

You were even on the verge of forgiving him, but you just kept your mouth shut. If he wanted to explain himself, he already would’ve, but he didn’t and you would not beg him for it either. The ringing of your phone cut your thoughts off.

“Hey, Mom,” you said as you walked out of the room to the front porch.

“Hi dear, we’ve got the news.” News?

“What news?”

“One- We’re back by this afternoon, and two- you’ll know soon enough.” she hushed.

“Okay..? What’s Dad, up to?” you asked.

“Nothing much. What are you doing? The guys are fine, right?-” A beeping sound made you take it away from your ear.

“We’re fine, I’ll call you later.” you hung up.

“Hey Chae!” you exclaimed.

“Oh. I’m coming.” you grabbed your car keys and set off. Stopping at the café, you got off and went in. You saw Yeona and Chae-young sitting at the far back. You sat down hurriedly, knowing something had happened from the look on their faces.

“She doesn’t look good, the doctors said-” that’s when her voice cracked, “-she doesn’t her much time, she’s going to leave me as everyone else does.” She broke down. “Calm down, she’ll be fine, hm?” you tried soothing her down. “What about we… we go watch a movie? Or we can go get ice cream?” Yeona said trying to cheer her up, “What about we do both?” you added, which made a small smile appear on her face. Joining your hands, you headed out of the café, “Shotgun!” Yeona exclaimed as you made your way to the driver seat.

After choosing the movie, you sat down in your seat and checked your phone, your eyes widening at the number of texts and calls. “I’m fine” you texted to everyone.

The movie ended at about 3:30; you parted ways with Yeona, and you decided that Chae-young would stay with you and your family for a while. Driving up to your house, not the guys’, you both went in. Your parents greeted you both with a hug and after explaining her situation, your parents agreed to let her stay.

You went up to your room, noticing your window and something you never noticed before. Looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter