Home

I'm Not Alone Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That seems to be the last of it." The man said, Sowon watching on as he helped his employees make sure all of the furniture was secure in the moving truck before they closed it. 

"Thank you very much for your help." Sowon bowed respectfully, trying to ignore the faint sound of angry hissing coming from behind her. Yerin bowed as well while forcing SinB to do the same, her hand covering the angry former black kitten's mouth to silence her. Eunha and Umji were hiding behind Yuju's back, Eunha glaring at the strangers while Umji clung to her. Yuju bowed slightly but was unable to do so fully thanks to Eunha's arms around her. 

"Your mother gave us the proper directions to the location so please don't worry about it. We can also unload everything ourselves." The man continued

"I hope its not too much trouble." Sowon replied.

"It's no trouble at all. It's our job." The man smiled. Both Sowon and the workers bowed one last time to each other before the crew left in the moving trucks. Sowon watched them go, breathing out a sigh of relief. She had known that her mom would want to help out every step of the way but she hadn't expected just how much she was willing to do for them. It was times like these that Sowon fully realized just how much money and influence her mother had. 

"Hey, SinB." Yerin was struggling to keep a hold on the girl, moving her hand away from SinB's mouth to get a better grip. "Calm down. They're gone."

SinB only hissed again, her eyes focused on the trucks that were almost out of sight now. Having SinB stuck in kitten mode could be a problem if Sowon wanted this move to go as planned.

"SinB." Sowon called out, gesturing for Yerin to let go. Yerin looked unsure but released her hold on SinB, watching as the girl ran forward.

  To everyone's surprise, SinB practically jumped into Sowon's arms, burying her face in Sowon's neck. Sowon only ruffled SinB's hair, running her hands through it while letting her be clingy. SinB's angry hisses and snarls had vanished, replaced with a small high pitched whine that was muffled thanks to how tight she was attached to Sowon. If SinB was still a kitten, Sowon was positive that she would be purring up a storm right now. 

"Awww~" Yerin snickered, watching the event unfold with a grin on her face. 

"Are you okay now?" Sowon asked, still SinB's soft hair. SinB nodded against her, letting her grip loosen finally. 

"That's my girl." Sowon smiled, pressing a kiss to SinB's cheek before directing her gaze at the rest of the former kittens in front of her.  "Alright. Everyone ready to go?"

"I think so." Yuju answered, Eunha and Umji breaking out of their kitten modes too and coming out from behind Yuju. 

"I....I'm ready too." Umji's voice was shaky but audible. Eunha held Umji's hand while Yuju took the other, leading her forward to Sowon's SUV that was currently waiting for all of them. 

    Sowon was more than ready to get going. For the past few weeks, she had come up with a plan with her mom to finally move into a proper house instead of an apartment. Sowon's mother had been more than happy to help her acquire one, demanding that she pick it out and pay for most of everything. Sowon had convinced her to at least let her help with half of the payments with her monthly paycheck from her job at the shelter. It was funny, her mother was more excited about the move than her.

  Sowon had told her about her five girls, saying that they were all orphans that she had found and taken in. It wasn't the total truth but if she had said what had really happened, her mom would have never believed her. After all, who would? It was something straight out of a fairytale. Sowon wanted the former kittens to meet her mom eventually but SinB's behavior towards new strangers could be unpredictable. Having her hissing and growling at her mother would not be the best introduction. She would have to work on that. Or at least get SinB trained to the point where she could have her calmed down and out of kitten mode around her.

"What's our new house gonna look like?" Eunha asked, helping Umji get buckled into her seat before securing her own seatbelt herself. 

  "I don't know." Sowon chuckled, typing in the directions that her mother had sent her into her GPS. Her mom had insisted that the new place be a surprise. She really did get her gift giving habits from her mother. 

"I really hope she didn't go overboard with this." Sowon exhaled, turning her key in the ignition. 

"What do you mean?" Yuju asked as she buckled herself into the front seat. 

  "My mom has a tendency to go wild when it comes to buying expensive things." Sowon said, turning the wheel and navigating out of the parking spot for the last time. It was almost bittersweet, leaving the apartment. But at the same time, it was relieving. It was time to make new memories somewhere else. Plus, her mom had made sure to take her request of finding a mostly secluded place, instead of one in the city, to heart. There was no way the witch would be able to find them there. And as a bonus, the location of new house was only a short drive away from the shelter that she worked at. 

"Your mother seems nice." Yuju mused. 

"She is." Sowon smiled, happy that she could honestly say that for the first time. "She wants to meet you girls someday."

"I don't think that would go well with SinB." Yuju chuckled, staring out the window as the scenery passed by.

"I was thinking the same thing earlier." Sowon said, a hint of laughter in her tone. 

  The drive was calm, but it was clear that Umji was nervous about the change in location along with SinB. SinB was acting more agitated than normal and Umji was behaving like her kitten self again, clinging and hiding behind each one of them whenever she could. She was currently in the back seat again, her face buried in Eunha's shoulder. SinB was silent, barely responding to Yerin's words or touch. It was concerning but Sowon knew that they would be fine eventually. 

  "Sowon, the directions say to turn here." Yuju said, pointing at the instructions on the GPS screen. Sowon nodded and made the turn, keeping her eyes on the road. They had exited the city, coming into the more rural area that laid outside the edge of the heavily populated area. It wasn't far from the city but it almost looked like they had entered a totally new world, full of wide, open, lush fields and all different types of trees as far as the eye could see. It was still modern though, the houses scattered throughout the area mirroring the style that most of the houses in the city had. 

"Is that it?" Yuju pointed out the window, causing most of the former kittens to turn to look also. 

   Sowon slowed down the speed of the SUV, reading off the numbers on the gate in front of the house. The numbers matched the ones that her mom had sent her with the address and key. This was it. And it was impressive.

 Thankfully, it wasn't a mansion, but it was more than big enough for all six of them, boasting two stories, a beautiful exterior and a large backyard. The moving vans were parked in the driveway, most of the furniture moved in already. They would have to park the SUV on the street curb for now but Sowon was looking forward to finally being able to park it in an actual garage instead of just an assigned, open parking space with other tenants cars next to hers. Her old car had been bumped and scratched more times than she could count on her fingers.

  "New house! New house!" Eunha made her way out of the car, jumping up and down in place while holding her arms high up above her head in celebration. Yerin and SinB joined her side, Yerin copying Eunha's gestures while SinB only watched. If SinB still had kitten ears, they would be flat against her head, anxiousness showing clearly in her posture. 

  "Umji.....Come on. Its okay." Yuju cooed quietly at the curled up girl in the back seat, trying to at least get Umji to take her arms away from her face. Umji let out a shaky hiss at the touch, trembling from head to toe. Yuju ran her fingers through Umji's hair, trying to coax her out of the back seat. After a few moments, it worked, Umji moving forward and holding onto Yuju's body for comfort. Yuju picked up the younger girl into her arms, letting Umji hide her face in her shoulder as she was held. 

"Are you okay, baby?" Yerin asked once Yuju had exited the car with Umji in her arms, leaning up to place a loving kiss against Umji's head. Umji only whined softly in response, the sound sounding very similar to SinB's noise from earlier that day. 

"It's gonna be okay, Umji. We get a whole new place for us to play in forever!" Eunha exclaimed, causing Umji's head to lift up enough for her eyes to be exposed. 

"She's right! Isn't this gonna be fun?" Yerin grinned. Umji stared at both girls before burying her face back in Yuju's shoulder, not speaking a single word. The only sound being her quiet whining as she was carried to the front lawn of the new house. 

"Lets go, SinB." Sowon was in the process of coaxing the former black kitten as well. SinB was silent but stubborn, refusing to move from where she stood even with Sowon pulling at her arm. Sowon was about to try a different method but Yerin had other ideas. With the skill of a sneaky cat, Yerin ran up from behind and scooped up SinB into her arms. SinB let out a yelp, shocked by how fast she had been picked up.

"Y-Yerin!" SinB started to protest but Yerin only held her closer to her chest.

"I've got you. I know you're scared but I've got you." Yerin smiled, winking down at the girl. "When we're all together, nothing can harm us. So don't worry, okay?"

A slight flush of red spread across SinB's cheeks, the girl turning her head to avoid Yerin's gaze as she was held.

"I know that." SinB muttered, though her tone was soft. "I'll go in with you. Just put me down. It's embarrassing."  

  Yerin kept her smile, placing SinB back down on her feet. She was about to walk ahead with the group and let SinB follow but she was stopped by the feeling of SinB taking her hand. The former black kitten's hand was still shaking but her grip was firm. Yerin's smile grew wider as she made sure to intertwine their fingers together, leading SinB to the front door with the others. 

"Everything is inside." One of the workers told Sowon as he exited the house, the other members of his crew packing up the empty trucks to leave.

"Thank you again." Sowon said, bowing slightly. And within moments, the strangers were gone. Sowon wanted to pull the SUV into the garage but that could wait. She was more curious about what the inside of the house looked like. She turned to her girls, reaching out to grip the door handle at the same time. 

"Ready?" Sowon asked, unable to keep the excitement brewing inside her chest from creeping into her voice. 

"Just open the door! I wanna see!" Eunha was jumping up and down still, wanting to run inside already. Sowon laughed before turning the knob and pushing the door open.  

   "Wow! This is amazing!" Eunha was the first one inside, running a small lap around the brand new entrance and living room. The living room already had a large flat screen TV hung up on the wall, the familiar couch that they had all grown to love facing it. The latest, brand new video game console was propped up and already connected to the TV, the newest games and two controllers lined up next to it, ready to be played. Sowon was almost in a trance, her eyes taking in everything as quickly as she could. Her mother really had gone above and beyond for her and her girls. It was touching. 

  "A playground! There's a playground!" Yerin yelled, her face mushed against the glass door that led out to the backyard where a wooden play set with swings and a slide stood, a white fence surrounding the large grassy area. SinB was doing the same, eyes glist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter