The Dynamic

Two People
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Alarm sound blaring in the room, with still closed eyes Seulgi trying to reach her phone to turn alarm off. With groaning finally Seulgi woke up from her sleep. Indeed sleep is the best remedy to your body Seulgi thought. After finished her last surgery last night, she felt too tired to go home. Finally her couch in her office become her bed for one night or just 4 hours to be exact. The operation took time more than she expected but at least she saved one life again, and she couldn’t be more happy about it.

Seulgi check her phone to read some messages. She been notified that 3 of 4 her patients last night has been transferred to the ward. The last one still in post-anesthesia care unit (PACU). Seulgi typing ‘Okay, thank you’ in her phone, and send it, and then toss her phone to the couch. Not until 5 seconds, she pick her phone again and typing diligently notifying the nurse in ward that she’d do her round one hour from now.

“Good Morning, sleepyhead!” Come a woman with blonde short hair with smile on her face.

With laziness Seulgi great her friend back “hmm Morning Wan”, and then she started to do some stretching.

“Looks like you had a long night. How many OP you did last night?”

“Actually three, but a new patient came to ER in the middle my third OP, and no Surgeon in charge last night except me. so yeah i went on for 4th surgery.”

“Oh, patient with injury?”, Seungwan ask again.

“Yup, apparently there was car crash last night, and that patient came with intraabdominal bleeding”. Seulgi walk to her closet and grab her towel

“Bye wanda, I need to start my round in a hour”

“Yes, yes go shower now”

When Seulgi reaching for door’s knob, Seungwan called her again “oit, Kang”

Seulgi turned her head to Seungwan’s direction “what now?”

Seungwan just giggling and tell Seulgi “make sure you wash your face eh, you don’t want the entire ward see your droll trace right?

“aisss”, Seulgi throw her crocs to her friend. “Tell that to your lipstick on your teeth!”

“What?”, Seungwan just dumbly confused right now

“You got lipstick stain on your front teeth !” Seulgi tell Seungwan again before laugh her heart out

“OH !” Seungwan exclaimed.  Seulgi now proud of herself seeing horror in her bestfriend’s face.

 

After done with her round, Seulgi went back to her office to get her coat and bag. When she open the office’s door, she see Seungwan was already sitting on the couch and munching her Sandwich.

“YO, Son Seungwan. You done with your round?”

With sandwich in her hand and still chewing, Seungwan just nod at Seulgi’s question. When Seulgi trying to reach for that Sandwich in her hand, Seungwan was fast enough to swat Seulgi’s hand away

“Yaaah! Just a little. I already hungry and need energy. C’mon Wan”, Seulgi now whining but Seungwan sit still and finish her whole Sandwich with one shove to .

“Tsk, and they called you mother Theresa. HAA! Theresa my !” now Seulgi just like little kid, pouting because she wasn’t given that delicious Sandwich homemade by Mommy Son slash Seungwan’s mother.

“OH cut it up! Here”, Seungwan throw a plastic bag to Seulgi. The same Sandwich that Seungwan ate in it.

“I already saved one for you, kiddo. Now stop with that pouting, or I’ll throw you out from the window!”

Seulgi eyes lit up seeing the delicious Sandwich in her hand “uwaa, Thanks Wan! I know you are far better from mother Theresa. You are such an angel fall from heaven” Seulgi give Seungwan her never success wink. And Seungwan just rolled her eyes because of her berstfriend’s childish act.

Seulgi then got up from her seat, and shove in the Sandwich back to the plastic and walking toward her desk and grab her bag

“Oh where are you going? I thought you are hungry? Why don’t you eat here?”

“Ah, I’ll eat in on my way to Joohyun’s home. I have promised Yerim to take her to the park to play”

“Do Joohyun unnie come with you and Yerim?”

“Nah. She has 3 Caesarian Surgery today, so because this is weekend and her mom has schedule, I will accompany Yerim”

Seungwan mouth just goes O shaped and nod her head hearing her bestfriend’s explaination. “Okay, drive safely and tell Yerim and Joohyun unnie my greeting”

Seulgi just nodding her head, and grab her coat and wearing it “Bye Wan! I’ll get going”

“Enjoy your day off Seulgi!” Seulgi reach the door’s knob, and almost turn it down before Seungwan call her again,  “Seulgi..”, Seungwan call her,  Seulgi stop at her place, not turn her head toward her bestfriend. And by the tone, Seulgi know what will Seungwan say. “You know, you don’t have to do this, don’t you?” concern is clear in Seungwan’s voice.

“I know Wan, I know. But I am happy right now, don’t worry”

“Okay”, Seungwan just relented to her friend. She couldn’t force Seulgi just to move on again. Not when all this time her friend was already trying.

Seulgi just nod her head again “I’ll see you tomorrow, Wan”. By that, Seungwan was the only person left in the room after soft click sound from the door was heard meaning that Seulgi was already left.

 

Seulgi arrived at Joohyun’s house, she parked her car in front of Joohyun house. She get out from her white Mercedes Benz and then walking toward the gate. She press the button of the bell and lower her head so her face will show on the camera

“Hyun, it’s me. Seulgi” she say toward intercom after she hear Joohyun’s voice who just asked ‘who is it?’

And then just two second, the gate is open itself, So Seulgi walk toward the door of Joohyun’s house. There she see that Joohyun was already standing by the door with her radiant smile in her face. It’s enough to give butterfly in Seulgi stomach.  Seulgi can do marathon of debates with people who questioning the beauty in Joohyun’s smile. Because for Seulgi no one come closer to the beauty of Joohyun especially when Joohyun smile to her.  so Seulgi return that smile with the adorable smile she has plus the amount look of love that Seulgi always give to Joohyun. But joohyun never notice it, Seulgi thought.

“Come inside Seul” with that Seulgi come inside Joohyun’s house and and take her shoes off and slip her foot to slipper which already there for guest. Or Seulgi? Seulgi don’t know if it just coincidence that the size of slipper is well fit for her foot. In the end it just slip of her mind after she say ‘nevermind’ to herself.

“So, Seul have you eaten?” Joohyun break the silent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter