Being Strong

The Devil's Proposition

for roma130 for inspiring me to pick up this fic after years of inactivity <3



“The nerve of that… that…boy.” No, she though. Not boythat devil.

Hwayoung ran to her car; her hands shook as she fumbled through her bag in search for her keys. She screamed in frustration as her things fall to the ground just as soon as she had managed to gather them in her hands. She ran her fingers furiously through her hair as tears began to form, her head hung low.

Taemin was truly awful, the worst of all evils she probably has ever had to face... But should she really have been so surprised? He was who he was after all. He reveled in the pain and despair of others because he was the Devil, and she knew that and she had accepted that after much time and turmoil... But it still terrified her. It hurt her so much that she was the one he chose to set his sights on and torture. But she had to remind herself—Taemin loved watching people suffer, he loved watching their horrors come to life by his hand so why should she be any different?

She knew that she wasn't any different than anybody else to him but she couldn't help but think about how she should have been. She, just a normal girl, had spent the better parts of her entire life with Taemin and his years, he had spent with her. They walked through life all those years together because their families had been so close, growing up as young kids to young adults. They lived in each other’s worlds. It killed her seeing this boy she thought she had known so well now, after spending so many years of her life with him, only to find out that the boy she would stay up late on Friday nights watching VHS tapes and eating bag after bag of popcorn with was the real definition of evil. It was all a lie.

Hwayoung choked back a sob as she fumbled with putting her key into her car door. It was so unfair. Her head was spun with so many thoughts and she couldn't think straight over the deafening static within her broken mind, her equally shattered heart echoing just as loud. Not only had she lost Minho, her friend and Jin—it still pained her to even think about him—Jinki; she had lost Taemin in the shuffle too.

She finally managed the lock on the door, but stopped to take a breath, trying to balance herself. It took so much out of her seeing Taemin again and having to relive all the memories she swore she would leave behind. Her wounds were opening, and seeing him proved to be too much for her.

No, don't let him get to you. Be strong.

Hwayoung clenched her keys in her fist and took in a long, drawled out breath and got into her car. Taemin had found her again, and he was not going to let her go and this horrified her. She had exhausted too much time and effort running away from him and here he was again. Acting like they were best friends again, acting as if he hadn’t torn her world apart, like he hadn’t ripped Minho or Jinki… out of the world. She couldn’t even bring herself to try to relive her life before Jinki had been taken away from her.

She screamed and screamed as loud and as hard as her lungs could handle during her drive home.

___________________________________________________


Taemin smiled to himself, he hadn’t been this giddy in a long time.

He looked out the window of his newly cleaned hotel suite overlooking the city, a fresh glass of white wine waiting for him on the table. Suitcases left unpacked sit at the door and a bed fit for a king lay untouched beside him.

In spite of all that, all Taemin could think about was Hwayoung. He could just imagine her writhing in pain, crying her eyes out at the mere prospect of having Jinki given back to her only to have it taken away from her once again. He loved that concept, her cute, breakable face left all cherry red and only heaving breaths and choked sobs leaving and her eyes swollen from the insurmountable amount of tears she so obviously was crying—because come on, that girl and her theatrics—and it was all by his doing.

Taemin jumped on the plush bed, its covers white and pure as snow, and he drowned in its comforts at this idea. His eyes closed in pure pleasure; he was feeling so good.

But yes, of course one would think that instead of this joy he was feeling, he should be boiling at what had occurred today. He should have been angry, furious, probably incensed that Hwayoung had refused his hugely generous offer so rudely. However, he had decided against that, against fury, because Taemin was a forgiving and lenient man. He had so kindly decided that he was going to give that girl some time to think it over since he knew that she was weak, he could tell by just looking at her earlier in the day... she was falling apart at the seams, absolutely. The poor girl was barely holding herself together, her spirits were spilling out of the cracks and holes in her ever failing psyche—Oh, it was just so, so, heartbreaking, wasn't it?

Taemin burst into a fit of laughter at this point because this whole thing was just so delicious. He could taste the pain and suffering on the tip his tongue and he relished in the feeling.

He stood up once again and sauntered blisfully back towards the wide window to fully push open its curtains—sun poured into the room, its rays reaching every corner leaving nothing untouched by light—and ed his white shirt meanwhile. He took it off entirely as it fell to the ground, only to land in a pool of wine red blood. Taemin stepped over the lifeless body of a man who had been dead for hours, a gaping hole in his chest where his heart should have been and his eyes wide open but his face contorted beyond recognition, and he grabbed his drink before falling into a chair, relaxed. Taemin smiled as he lifted up a blood splattered photo of himself and Hwayoung from when they were kids, running a finger fondly over their young, innocent faces before he placed it down over sheets of paper on the table. One falls to the floor, landing over the face of the dead man and and it read Please enjoy your stay, Kim Jonghyun, thank you for choosing Lotte Hotel!

The devil took a long sip of his drink, bloodied finger prints left forgotten on the side of the glass. Anger is groundless at this time, and it would not have been nearly as much fun for me if the girl had just up and said yes. He grinned to himself at this because Taemin adored fun, and he adored watching Hwayoung squirm. It's good that she said no to him because it's only going to taste that much better when he wins. She was going to regret everything she had done to this point, and after he was done, she was going to beg Taemin to take her soul, one way or another. After all, once Taemin wanted something, he isn’t going to stop until he gets it and that something this time just so happened to be Hwayoung.

Her soul is mine.

 

 


Oh my god, it's been almost five years since I updated. OKAY! I KNOW, IT'S AWFUL
But please readers, believe me when I say that I AM COMMITTING to this story! I swear.
Also if there's any bad grammar yadda yadda please excuse me, it's 5AM.

I just wanted to thank those who have commented on this story prior to my long hiatus.
I also wanted to apologize if this chapter is a lil awkward because I'm rusty and I just
revamped this entire storyline recently. Y'know, cause it's been a whole five years lmao. 

Anyway, I'm here and the third chapter of The Devil's Proposition
(it's kind of short but bear with me) is here and I really hope you like it!
Please leave a comment you guys, i love
comments <3

Sidenote: jjong I'm sorry I did that to you ;~;