Make It Count

Mon Amour, My Chef
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Why do fate kept on playing with me? I'm trying to live my life peacefully and move on. But here he is once again, barging into my life. He wrapped me in his arms that I froze.

"Sun ah...I'm sorry.." He said in between the hugs. "I miss you so much..."

"I.. I think this is wrong Seok." I broke his hug, making a distance. "Your fiancee-"

 

He smiled like he didn't care though, which made me raise my eyebrows. What is his problem?!

"Don't tell me... Are you going against your parents?!" I asked.

"What if I say yes?" He grinned.

"You're stupid. Aunt Lee would be very mad. So is your fiancee."

He just chuckled, making me annoyed.

"I'm out of this."

 

I walked towards the exit door not really knowing what to feel. Why did he do that? He left his fiancee, his parents and all his career in France.


"Sun ah!" He called. "I'll do whatever it takes and I'll never take that banner down unless you'll say yes."

"What?! Don't play a prank on me."

 

I walked out and never looked back. Had he lost his mind? He's showing up all of a sudden saying nonsense things. I couldn't sleep that night thinking over what he said. That's when it hit me... Jeonghan. He recommended me going into that restaurant.

 

"Hello Bosun ah?"

"Oppa.. Don't lie to me."

"Eh? What's the matter?"

"Seokmin is here. He's the chef at the restaurant just in front of the cafe."

"Oh?! Really? When.. How.. on earth did that happen!"

"Aigoo.. Oppa. I know you.. Did you already know all of this?"

He chuckled before giving a moment of silence.

"Bosun ah.. you know how much I care for you, right? I want you to be happy... I know you like Seokmin in a special way. Both of you are precious to me... And I would like to do the right thing this time."

"O-oppa. What do you mean?"

"You're right. I was the one who helped Seokmin,  finding a location where to put up his restaurant near you. You two really need to sort it out."

 

Jeonghan spilled the tea and I was speechless. The truth is I still feel guilty because of what happened to Seokmin. He almost died because of me. I don't deserve to see him.

The next day got me more anxious. Now knowing that he's just a step away from me, I couldn't help myself stealing glances at the restaurant while helping Hoshi and mom in the cafe. That banner really bothered me. 'I'll never take that banner down unless you'll say yes!' I shook my head. His words last night kept ringing in my ears. 

"Are you okay?" Mom said looking at me weirdly.

"Ah, yes mom." I just grinned.

The whole day passed by quietly and I was too relieved. Mom hadn't ask a single thing nor got curious yet at the newly opened restaurant. We're busy preparing to close the cafe when a familiar sound echoed.

"Annyeonghaseyo~"

"Oh? Chef-nim!" Hoshi welcomed with all smiles.

Since when did that two became close?! Right, mom shouldn't see him. This could be a big problem. 

 

"Eomma! Didn't you say you left something in the kitchen?!" I trapped her face in my palms to focus only at me.

"Are you sick?" She looked at me weirdly.

"Ah n-no. Let's go to the kitchen quickly. I want you to see something!"

"Oh- That guy! That guy seemed familiar... Where have I seen him?"

 

I was doomed. Her eyes caught him. Did he really have to do this?! Mom walked towards h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter