Stay

Mon Amour, My Chef
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s been days since Jeonghan confessed, but I still don’t know what to do with him. He’s more like a special brother to me. Yet, I couldn’t affort to hurt his feelings. It’s somehow a relief when he told me that he’s willing to wait and he would respect my decision. That night, I left the two of them. Chef Lee, apologized for interrupting us. He told us that he’s on his way to meet someone when he saw the diner’s light still on and just decided to drop by for a minute. 

 

Now, I’ve been lazing around my bed. I took a break and visited my mom who lives an hour ride away from Seoul. 

 

“Bosun ah! Let’s eat!”

 

I heard my mom’s call from the kitchen. A classic routine of my mom whenever I’m home, she would interrogate me about school and everything. I missed her. I’ve been busy lately that I couldn’t visit her for months now. She works in the market nearby, selling fresh varieties of seafood. I washed up and joined her at the table.

 

“Bosun ah, can I see the picture your uncle sent you last time?” She asked. “I accidentally erased it.”

“What is it?”

“The picture of goods from his supplier.”

 

I unlocked my phone and handed her lazily.

 

“Oh? Who’s this?” She asked, showing me the picture of Chef Lee driving.

“The owner of the diner I’ve been working part time.”

“Really? Where did I see this guy already?” She thought hard.

“Mom, he’s the one who also criticized me in the cooking show.” I replied, still sulky with the thought of it.

“No.. that’s not it... Ah!” She got her phone quickly. “Your aunt in Busan recently called. She said someone sent a letter addressed to me from our old neighbor Lee Minkyung. You know, the rich woman?”

 

My ears perked up after hearing the name Lee Minkyung. That’s my childhood friend’s mother.

 

“She captured the letter and a picture attached to it.”

 

I immediately snatched her phone and looked up through her photos. My eyes went wide when a picture of Chef Lee was there. My hands trembled as my heart beat rapidly. Tears were now rolling down my cheeks as  I ran to my room and got dressed.

 

“Bosun ah! Where are you going?”

 

I didn’t even have the time to say goodbye to my mom as I hailed a taxi. Crap. I didn’t have his number so I called Jeonghan. 

 

“Calm down Bosun ah. What’s wrong?” He asked. “Are you crying?”

“Oppa.. remember the one I’ve been telling you ages ago? I already found him. Lee Seokmin... I..I convinced myself that maybe it’s not him. J-just same name as him or something. But-“

“I’m... sorry Bosun ah. I, I also recently found out when Seokmin and I talked that night.”

“Wh-what?” My head started aching. “Where is he?”

 

“Bosun ah..he’ll be going back to France. The earliest flight available..today...I’m sorry.”

 

I couldn’t control my tears as I heard the news. He’s already here but I didn’t have the chance to have more  time with him. I missed him so much. The reason I’m living my life and not giving up was only him.

I immediately told the driver to drive to the destination as fast as he could. Seokmin ah...please. I prayed that I’ll still be able to see him there.

 

When I arrived at the airport, I ran everywhere to find him. I was losing hope. I even mistaken someone that just looks like him. I checked the board for flight schedules and my legs gave up that I flopped on the floor. His flight already departed just a few minutes ago. I was too late. He’s gone...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                     ~~~~•~~~~

 

 

 

 

To: Ms. Kim Boyoung

 

              How are you? I’m sorry for not being able to contact you all this time. Remember my son? Lee Seokmin. He’s already a chef here in France. How about our lovely Bosun? I hope she’s also doing fine there. My son will be going to South Korea one of these days. He said he’ll be a guest on a show. He told me he’ll be searching for Bosun too. He misses her so much. I don’t know where he’ll star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter