Hana

Mon Amour, My Chef
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

I’m busy with my last year in the academy these days. It exhausted me a lot, not to mention I have a part time job too in a restaurant nearby. But I’m very grateful to my friends who’s always there for me ㅡ Choi Sena, my bestfriend and the dorky guys from the diner. Sena and I took the same course as culinary students, merely got in through scholarship at Le Cordon Bleu-Sookmyung Academy. Now that we’re down to our last stage, we can’t slack off and give it our best shot.

 

“Good morning Manager Yoon!”

 

I saw Sena grinning from ear to ear as she welcomed our boss. I facepalmed seeing her eyes sparkled like a teenager. This girl really doesn’t know how to hide her emotions. She’s been gushing over our boss ever since I brought her to work part time as well. But I admit, he’s really an eye candy. He greeted back and flashed a smile which made Sena and even the customers swooned by him.

 

“You should lessen the sweetness of your smile Sir Yoon.”

 

I suggested with a chuckle and the guy laughed at me in disbelief. He ruffled my hair that got me a little bit annoyed. He always does that, making me embarrassed in front of everyone sometimes. 

 

“Yeah. She’s right Jeonghan-ah. What are you? A movie star?” Kim Mingyu, our giant executive chef blurted out.

 

Boo Seungkwan, the sous-chef,  laughed out loud. He couldn’t contain his laughter that he even stopped chopping some onions. The annoyed guy got a newspaper in the counter and hit the both of them. 

 

“Yah! Don’t forget I’m the manager here. I can fire you two right away!”

 

“Why only us?! Bosun also disgraced you a while ago.”

 

Seungkwan rolled his eyes at me in disappointment. I stucked my tongue out at him and laughed. As i watched them bicker, I couldn’t explain how happy I was being part of this team. They’re my second home for amost five years now. The guys were like my real brothers. We stood for each other while sharing struggles in life. We also teased each other a lot making the restaurant a loud place but full of warmth. 

 

“Welcome to Cheonsa Diner!”

 

I smiled widely and served the customers. The diner was filled with customers everyday. They really loved our specialties. Thanks to the boys’ amazing cooking skills and with their dashing looks which is a plus. There’s no need for us to hand out flyers for the buzz they always create is spreading like wildfire. 

 

The guys also shared everything they know about food and cooking techniques which were very helpful for me and Sena. In a few months, we’re going to battle in the real world and we’re thankful for learning so much from them. Jeonghan, on the other hand, always gave us the best advices being the oldest in our team. He also cooks sometimes when badly needed. One of the things I missed about him. He’s been busy these days meeting clients and closing deals.

 

 

 

“I heard there’s a cooking fest that will be held next week on SBS. Wanna join?” Jeonghan nudged me in the arm as we’re tidying the diner before going home.

 

I gave him the are-you-serious look which he nodded repeatedly and smiled.

 

“Why don’t you try? The moment you stepped in this diner, I know you have the talent. That’s why I hired you. Soon you’ll replace Gyu anyways.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter