Chapter 3 - Audition

As Fate Would Have It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm sorry that it took me so long to get to this .n. Really, I forgot about it after my laptop messed up and deleted what I had written. But, now that I've managed to get everything back in order and what not, here's chapter 3~ Hopefully it's not too terribly disappointing, I tried to rush a little because I'll be gone for a week with no internet access, and I really wanted to update this story before I left.
Please enjoy it~ And, from now on, I'll try to update it more often~
Also, please check out my other stories~ I have another reader story called "Her Favorite Color Is Sapphire Blue", and I would be grateful if you would take a moment to see if it might interest you C:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun seemed to rise earlier than normal that Saturday morning, the beams of light breaking through the small part in the curtains and landing on your face. Isn't that the way that it always seems to happen?
And just as your eyes began to open, there was a knock on your door.
"SooYon? SooYon, are you awake yet? You're going to work with JungHan today, so you better get up and get ready to leave! You only have an hour and a half." Your mother's voice seemed even more annoying to you at this moment, your senses hardly working as you were still half asleep.
"Yeah, yeah. I'm getting up." You called back, though without realizing it, you were using English again, just as though you were back at home with your father and step mother.
Truthfully, you were missing them horribly.

After a couple of minutes of lazing around, you shuffled into the bathroom, taking only a quick, cool, shower, to wake yourself up the rest of the way. After drying off and dressing in one of your new outfits (light blues and deep blacks made up a majority of the colors), you stared at yourself in the mirror.
Finally, this was all starting to seem real, though oh so distant.
You tilted your head to the right, then to the left, inspecting your reflection. You weren't unattractive, you didn't think, but you couldn't understand how somebody had found you to be pretty. After all, you'd never really thought yourself to be anything more than plain.
In the next few minutes, you blow dried your hair and straightened it, not doing anything special to make it look nice. Simple seemed to suit you best anyway. Then, with a light hand and easy precision, you went about applying your make up, which, unfortunately, consisted of quite a few layers of creams, bases, and concealers before finally finishing with the typical things. You took your time making sure that you looked quite presentable, and even ended up changing your clothes three or four times before finally settling on something that you actually enjoyed (both for looks and for comfort, the best possible combination!). ((Something like this: http://www.fashionfavo.com/upload/167/944_167_Korean_Women_Fashion_Trend_2012.jpg with a pair of simple, black, sneakers))
Taking a final look in the mirror, you deemed yourself worthy of joining your step-father at work for the day, deciding it was better not to be too preoccupied with what may or may not happen once you were there.

Standing before Mr. Park and a small group of other people was the most nerve wracking thing that you had done up to this point in your life, there was no doubt about that. Their eyes were all focused on you and, to make matters worse, your step-father hadn't been able to stay for your audition... or, whatever this was to be called.
"Now, SooYon, we know that you can act fairly well. Honestly, it's the reason that I approached you in the first place, considering that you were pretending to laugh at your mother's jokes when you obviously hadn't found them funny." Mr. Park started, making your jaw drop, your mouth gaping a little in surprise.
"H-How did you-"
"SooYon, I know acting when I see it, no matter how good it is. And it wasn't hard to hear your mother's loud voice from such a short distance away." That made sense, you thought, your mother always had been a bit more loud than most people. So, you didn't ask any further questions, and let the man continue to speak, "However, we're not really looking for another actress at the moment. So let's see if you can sing."
What? What had just happened? You thought you were going to have to go through tests to figure out your level of acting. Nobody ever said anything about having to sing!
"S-Sir, I can't sing. I'm sorry." You insisted, your nerves overwhelming you as you grew more and more fearful.
"Now, now... you have a voice, yes? So you can sing. And even if you can't sing well, we promise we won't laugh at you. Rather, we'll simply test your abilities as an actress, as I'm certain you assume

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter