The little Dinosaur.

Tea, Rex?

 

I woke up and looked around, the unfamiliar surrounding freaking me out a bit before I remembered what happened yesterday.

---Flash back----

“Victoria.” The judge said, a clear and loud voice and we clapped as she looked shocked and happy.
“Krystal.” They said and she just smiled. She had been here longer than any of us so I guess this wasn’t much of a surprise for her.

“Luna.” The judge looked at her and she started crying in happiness, going over to hug Victoria.

“Sulli.” I looked up at the cute and innocent girl who started jumping and hugging Krystal. She, too had been here far more long than I had. I sighed, before the judge started again.

“And Amber.” He said and I looked at him until a hard body collided with mine, joined by another three as we cried and the other trainees came to congratulate us, some sincere, some through tears.

I was in shock, amazed that he had just said my name and that I was in. I looked as they dispatched the other trainees and we led us to a room with a big table, making us sit down. They started speaking contracts and band names, debut, etc, but it all felt like a dream to me. I rubbed my eyes as they told me to work on my Korean and nodded. They looked over our hairstyles and took notes.

They assigned us our positions and told me that even though I had a powerful voice, I was going to be the rapper. I would rap mostly English lines so I got relieved and agreed. The coordi unnies that came to see us started playing with our looks and one said they should keep me how I was, tomboyish, because it was fresh and new. They touched my hair and I flinched, feeling weird but they shrugged it off as they took our measurements.

It was a long time after they let us go and told us to pack our bags because we were moving in that same night to our new dorm. And so we did, at 8pm sharp we stood outside a building and got assigned a dorm, we decided our roommates and Sulli jumped, claiming me, and pulled me to the big room. It was decided that Victoria would also be staying with us in the big room and after we unpacked we said goodnight and went to sleep. Sulli kept squeezing the hand she was holding unto, nervous and I invited her to my bed, hugging her  until we both fell asleep.

--end of flashback-

I looked at Sulli’s sleeping figure and slipped out of the bed and the room as silently possible. I grabbed my phone and walked out of the dorm, calling my mom. She picked up at the third ring and I almost let the phone fall.

“Umma….” I whispered softly.

“Amber? Is that you? Amber it’s been so long since you called… wait, let me slip out of the house.” She said and I nodded as I heard her walking and closing doors. After a bit her voice was back.

“Tell me now, Amber, what’s wrong that you call me.” She asked and I smiled, not knowing how to say it.

“I got in, mom… I’m going to be an idol.” I said and waited as this processed and she genuinely sounded happy when she replied.

“Really? Oh, Amber I am so proud… I think your father would be too…” She trailed off and I sniffled, the tears pooling up.

“Try to tell him….” I said.

“…I’ll try.”

“Is he still being stubborn?” I asked.

“He’ll always be stubborn.” She replied. I nodded and tried to give a happy tone to my voice.

“Well Mom, I have to go, we start practice and organizing soon enough…. I love you.” I said.

“I love you too, Amber.” With that she hung up and I held on, listening to the empty phone line until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to meet eyes with the strange boy again.

“Amber…? Why are you crying…” He said but before he could go on I started crying harder and he pulled me into his chest.

I don’t know for how long I cried in Donghae’s arms but when I quieted down the sun was already coming up.

“Donghae…. Mianhae.” I said and he smiled softly.

“Don’t worry, I couldn’t sleep anyway. Whenever you need me, Super Junior dorm is the top floor. SHINee and SNSD’s dorms are in this building too. It’s our little secret.” He grinned and I smiled before he awkwardly started walking backwards until he got to the stairs and I frowned.

“Hey… why were you here in the first place?” I asked but the doors started closing in and he didn’t hear.

I sighed and walked back into the dorm, breathing hard before having to face my new life.

Donghae POV

I got off the elevator and entered the dorm as the others who were in the living room looked up at me.

“So did you see who got in?” Siwon asked and I shrugged.

“Only one was awake.” I explained and Leetuk nodded understandingly.

“Who was it?” Eunhyuk asked and I smiled up at him.

“It was the little dinosaur.” I said and they looked at me confused before I walked into he bathroom to get ready.