First encounters.

Tea, Rex?

 

 

I walked into the building nervously, like I had done all week, and walked with Krystal to the practice room. There were trainees there who smiled back at us and I sat down on a spot, stretching while Krystal quizzed me on my Korean. I yawned and she smacked my arm with my papers and I pouted, repeating after her. Shortly after we were joined by another trainee that came from China, her name was Victoria and she was also trying to be more fluent in Korean. She talked to me shortly in Chinese and I answered back, Krystal staring at us with a confused face.

“They’re going to choose the members today! I’m so nervous.” She said and I bit my lip, nodding.

“I know, I don’t feel ready yet.” I answered back to her in my poor Chinese.

“Liar! You’re voice is perfect!” She lightly punched me and I laughed a bit as Krystal kept stretching.

“But it’s very deep compared to the other girl’s voices.” I stated as I rubbed my arm and she shrugged.

“But your raps are good too.” She twirled a bit of my long hair with her finger.

“Yeah, but I still stumble a bit. I don’t know, we’ll see?” As I smiled back at her, some guys entered the practice room and sat at the table, some charts in their hands. They divided us into groups and I sat with Krystal, Victoria and two other girls I knew, named Luna and Sulli. I really liked my group since we were friends already from the intense practice sessions.

We were called up and performed for the mean, Lee Soo Man being one of them. After we delivered a flawless performance, we were stepped out of the room with the other trainees. The time went awfully slow and I excused myself to go to the bathroom.

I walked down the hallway, looking down at my watch when suddenly I made contact with a wall.

Maybe not a wall, but really close. I stumbled back and someone grabbed my arm, pulling me towards him. I looked up and saw three guys.

“Woah, are you alright?” The tall, broad shouldered one asked in Korean. He looked strangely familiar.

I nodded and smiled softly as the one grabbing my arm looked me over. He also looked horribly familiar.

“Are you sure? You look tired.” He said and I shrugged.

“She must’ve been practicing hard.” The third one said and I nodded.

The one grabbing me let go and he smiled, bowing ninety degrees and the others followed.

“Annyeonghaseoyo, Super Junior’s Donghae imnida.” He said and the tall one went after him, saying he was Siwon and the other Eunhyuk. All from Super Junior.

Now I realized why they looked strangely familiar.

My eyes widen and I stepped back, as they frowned at me.

“You… You guys are from Super Junior….” I said and they nodded, a huge grin on each of their faces. Instinctively the one in the middle reached and covered my hand, looking alarmed.

“Don’t scream!” he pleaded and I bit on his finger gently which made him let go with a soft yelp.

“What do you think you are; a dinosaur?” He said, checking for teeth marks and I blinked at him.

“Mianhamnida, I’m not used to people covering my mouth so abruptly.”  I narrowed my eyes at him, and Eunhyuk laughed.

“She really does look like a dinosaur. She looks like Jonghyun.” He said and I thought of Jonghyun from C.N. BLUE. I was pretty sure we didn’t look alike at all.

“Amber, oh—” A wild Krystal appeared, smiling as she saw the Super Junior members.

“Donghae, Siwon, Eunhyuk Oppa… how are you guys?” She said casually and they smiled back at her, bowing their heads softly.

“Krystal, how are you?” Siwon asked and she held a thumb up.

I looked between them.

“Do….you know Super Junior?” I asked to Krystal who had never mentioned this bit of information.

“Of course I do, I’ve been training since I was little her with Sulli. You are the most new trainee, Amber. They’ve all met Super Junior.” Krystal rolled her eyes as if this was common knowledge and I nodded.

“Yeah, she’s our little kitten.” Hyuk said jokingly.

“Yah! Don’t make me pull at your ears again.” She said and he hid behind Siwon. We laughed a bit and suddenly Luna peeked her head in.

“Amber, Krystal, they’re announcing who will debut.” Her face was worried and we looked back at the Oppas, bowing our heads and saying our goodbyes.

Donghae reached out and grabbed my hand, smiling softly at me, “I hope you get it…” He said softly and then let go, turning to catch on to his friends, leaving me shocked and Krystal to pull me away.

We gathered around the judges table and took a deep breath, waiting for our names to be called.

This was it.

I was in or I was not.