ALMOST LOVE

AMOR FATI

ALMOST, LOVE

Disclaimer: this story is mostly a flashback, so most of the scene are already on the previous chapter, read at your own risk, and their are clues in this chapter. Lol! But the spoiler is alredy in the cover for this chapter. >.<

        

 

         Jessica was humming a happy song after her two days off as she skips towards her office door.

          “Morning Miss Jung, having a lovely day?” Eunha said in a neutral tone. The CEO smiles but also notice her secretary’s tone of voice.

          “Yeah, I feel like (pause) I’ve felt heaven.” The CEO replied, Eunha followed suit to her office.

          “So, Miss Choi already started the CS Foundation for cancer patients. Mostly children are in the foundation and the opening ceremony include You, Choi Sooyoung, Doctor Kim, Doctor Hwang and Miss Hwang.” Eunha run over the papers before putting it on the table.

          “It’s tomorrow?” The CEO furrows her brow as she scan the papers.

          “Yeah, you’ll be cutting ribbon and maybe lunch or so-“ Eunha nodded her head.

          “Are you okay?” The CEO notice her secretary fidgeting.

          “Of course why wouldn’t I?” Eunha chuckles.

          “Eunha-ya, I know there’s something you want to tell me. Come on.” The CEO stare at her secretary in a serious way.

          “It’s not work related, so it’s okay.” Eunha brushed the topic starting to arise.

          “And since did we not permit not talking about personal problems here?”

          “Is it about Soojung?” The CEO added.

          “Yeah, you’re both okay, right?” Eunha nodded as she shuffles through some papers as if checking something.

          “We’re fine and we both know that’s not what you want to say. Spill it Eunbi!” Jessica glared at her secretary.

          “It’s not of importance really.” Eunha avoid the question hoping the CEO would let it slide.         

          “Fine, you can tell it to me tomorrow on the ceremony since it’s not that business.” Jessica quoted in the air.

          “Actually I cannot-“There’s a ring in the CEO’s phone unable Eunha to finish her sentence.

          “I’ll come back later.” Eunha mouthed as she left the CEO’s office with a sigh.

          The CEO was left puzzled by her secretary’s behavior that day but let it slide anyway, it must be not that important for her secretary to hesitate or that it’s too important that’s why she’s hesitant.

 

 

          Hours seems to pass by so fast unknowingly that Jessica is now sitting beside her secretary in a car headed to the ribbon cutting place for Fight for Cancer a cause, the two pass by a familiar hospital.

          “So, I remembered you were about to tell me something yesterday. Care to tell me now?” The CEO broke the ice, so cold.

          “Well, we’re already here. There’s kinda no point to.” Eunha sighs.

          “What? Why? Come on! Spill the beans Eunha!” Jessica glared at her secretary/friend.

          “Well, actually.” Eunha started.

 

--FLASHBACK--

          (The day Jessica was first admitted..)

          Eunha waited for the results in the laboratory until late that evening that she dozed-off in the waiting area. A gentle pat in the shoulder slowly wakes her up, rubbing her eyes, she saw a familiar doctor in front of her.

          “I’m sorry for waiting this long, Miss Jung is already in her private room. You can go there and have a rest if you won’t go home?” The younger Doctor smiles.

          “Oh, did I pass out that long? Sure in what room?” Eunha yawns as she got up and took her bag.

          “Come on! I’ll show you the way then to make sure you won’t lost your way.” The Doctor chuckles at the cute secretary.

          “Thanks.” Eunha mirrored the smile as she follows the young Doctor behind.

          “Are you sure you’ll stay here tonight? I mean you can go home and come back here tomorrow.” The Young Doctor break the ice as they enter the elevator.

          “Nah, I want to stay with Miss Jung.” Eunha shook her head.

          “I see, you must be pretty close with each other.” The Young Doctor nodded her head in agreement.   

          “Yeah, we kind of spend our college days together and until now. So, we’re like a sister/co-worker.” Eunha chuckles at the thought and at the moment they arrive at the designated floor where the CEO’s room is.

          “I see, you know if you can spend some of your time off tonight from guarding her you can come have a dinner with us.” The younger doctor offered.

          “Thanks, but I’ll just stay here instead.” Eunha refused politely with a smile as they stop in front of a room with the CEO’s name on the door.

          “Okay, make sure to also eat your meal and be healthy to keep an eye on your boss.” The Younger Doctor winks.

          “I will keep that in mind,” Eunha chuckles and opens the door.

          “You sure you’re not coming? The offer is still going.” The Young Doctor tried again.

          “On the other thought, it’s free right?” Eunha furrows her brows.

          “Yeah, it’s on me and Taeyeon.” The young Doctor smiles.

          “Oh, and any other Doctor I should be aware of? “ Eunha asks as she look Jessica’s bed and close the door before and hurried to the Doctor’s side

          “Just Me and Taeyeon the other Doctor bailed out.” The Young Doctor sighs.

          “That’s a little disappointing.” Eunha said in a sad tone.

          “Not really, they could be really wild.”

          “I’ve never met a wild doctor, other than in dramas.” Eunha chuckled.

          “Well, we have innocent looking doctor but have some wild side in a right timing, like that one.” The young doctor pointed at a certain Doctor who were waiting for them at the lobby.

          “I hope you’re not filling her up with some nonsense Hwang Sinb!” It was Taeyeon in her civilian attire.

          “Oh, she just told me you have a wild side Doctor Kim.” Eunha smiles.

          “What? When did I? Yah! (to eunha) don’t believe a word she says.” Taeyeon glared at her colleague.

          “Too bad I already did.” Eunha chuckles, Taeyeon pouted like a kid.

          “Look what you’ve done. But by the way you can call me Taeyeon outside.” Taeyeon smiles dorkily.

          “Sure! You can call me Eunha then.”

          “Deal.” Taeyeon smiles, they walk to a nearest restaurant with a peaceful quiet.

          .

          .

          .

          “So, You seems so close to your boss.” Taeyeon broke the ice, they are waiting for their dinner now.

          “Yea, she explain it to me earlier.” Sinb butts in.

          “I didn’t asks you beagle!” Taeyeon glared at her friend.

          “We kind of had this long sisterhood relationship though not biologically.” Eunha quoted with a chuckle.

          “I see. Same with me and this beagle then.” Taeyeon patted Sinb’s back.

          “Yeah, I kinda notice that.” Eunha nodded. The dinner was served and the meal ended with a lot of conversation and laughter as if they’ve known each other for a moment when they’ve only meet for a couple of times.

          “It was fun having you, Taeyeon is sooo boring all she do is work and do coloring nor read in her break time.” Sinb groans as she look at her friend.

          “What? I just don’t like going out.” Taeyeon retorted.

          “Whatever.” Sinb waved her hand in the air.

          “I had fun tonight too. Thank you, both of you.” Eunha smiles with all sincerity.

          “Don’t worry too much, she’ll be okay.” Sinb mirrored the sincere smile.

          “I know, she have the best doctor. I’m more than relieve.” Eunha replied.   

          “By the way, I saw some balloons in the office earlier, is there any celebrations in the hospital? Is that also the reason why there’s supposedly a dinner?” Eunha asks.

          “YEAH, actually it’s Taeyeon and I. We’re both on our third year, just one more year and we’ll be resident in the hospital.” Sinb replied with a smile.

          “Wow, I didn’t know. Congratulations on both of you.” Eunha exclaimed.

          “Thank you Unnie.” Sinb meronged at Eunha, she started calling Eunha unnie when she figured that Eunha is a year older than her.

          “Yah! How come you speak to her formally when I’m older than both of you?” Taeyeon sighs.

          “Well, I don’t know.” Sinb shrugged.

          “You guys are really fun to be with. Thank you, for the dinner it kinda cheer me up too.” Eunha smiles as they stop in front of the hospital.

          “It’s nothing.” – Sinb

          “Yeah, you know Sinb here can actually invite everyone in the building if she wants to.” Taeyeon smirks.

          “But since we already met each other before, you kinda got the place instead.” Taeyeon added.

          “I must be lucky then.” Eunha chuckles.

          “You should head back now, it’s getting late.” Eunha added.

          “Uhm yeah, you too. You know the way right?” – Sinb

          “Yah Hwang Eunbi! If you want to walk her back you can go on there’s no need to be shy.” Taeyeon push the younger doctor.

          “Aish! This ahjumma, (laughs) Have a nice night Unnie.” Sinb waved at Eunha.

          “You too, both of you and take care.” Eunha then went inside and headed to the CEO’s room.

          “Goodnight Miss Jung, rest well so we can fight back stronger!” Eunha yawns as she sat by the chair beside the CEO and drifted to sleep.

 

 

          The beeping of the monitor wake Eunha the next morning, yawning and rubbing her eyes she then looks up to see her CEO still asleep.

          “Good Morning.” It was Taeyeon as she checks the CEO’s vitals for any changes.

          “You know there’s a couch there, right?” It was Sinb who pointed to the couch in front of the TV.

          “Morning to you too. I just want to stay close to Miss Jung.” Eunha replied beamed a smile.

          “Don’t worry, she’ll be fine.” Taeyeon smiles.

          “I know, I just can’t stand that she’s lying there weakly and not nagging at me nor glaring.” Eunha sighs.

          “Hey, she’ll do that to you once she woke up knowing you’re not taking care of yourself.” Sinb butts in as she change the IV.

          “I can’t wait for that but just-“ Eunha didn’t finish her sentence, the two Doctor just look at each and didn’t say word noticing how worried the latter is. With no words, the two Doctor just smile at her and left for some tests to check and to be run.

          Later that afternoon, there was a knock in the door. A familiar person appear bringing a case with Eunha’s clothes and a bouquet of pink roses.        

          “Hey~” The familiar person greeted Eunha with a sad smile.

          “Hey! Thanks for being me clothes and the flowers.” Eunha smile back and put the flowers in the vase by the table.

          “Anytime, you know you can count on me.” The visitor said with a smile.

          “I also bought some lunch, you should eat and have some vitamins.” The visitor added.

          “What would I do without you?” Eunha chuckles.

          “Take care of yourself? If you want to take care if your boss you should do that to yourself too.”

          “I know.” Eunha smiles before digging the food.

          A minutes later, the door opens revealing the younger Doctor. 

          “Hey, I’m just going to check some things.” Sinb smiles and bowed at the visitor which the visitor mirrored.

          “I’ll be going then.” The visitor stood up, Eunha does the same and walks her visitor to the door.

          “What a tall person.” Sinb commented as she stood behind Eunha.

          “Yeah. Oh, are you finish?” Eunha asked the young Doctor.

          “Uhuh, we’ll be back to check her later.” Sinb replied, Eunha then took a step for the Doctor to pass.

         

          “Eunha – would you like to have dinner with us again?” Sinb pop her head between the door.

          Hesitant at first to leave the CEO along, Taeyeon open the door and glared at her colleague why she has to peek from the door.

          “Let’s go grab some dinner, a nurse will be staying here if you want.” Taeyeon flashes her smile.

          “Okay.” Eunha sighs in defeat and followed the two doctor who was smiling.

          The dinner went smoothly, getting to know each other and cracking jokes.

          “I’m really thankful to meet you and that you’re the one in charge with Miss Jung.” Eunha smiles sincerely.

          “Thanks Taeyeon for that, she saw you when you were in emergency that’s how.” Sin b patted Taeyeon’s back.

          “Well, it’s all thanks to the celebration we we’re assign to the emergency ward that day.” Taeyeon shrugged.

          “Nah! No matter how you we’re there. I’m still glad.” Eunha smiles.

          “Well, I’ll be killing the mood if I we’re to say we we’re just doing our job right?” Taeyeon chuckles.

          “Yeah, that might.” Eunha laughs.

          “We’ll leave you here then. And do sleep on the couch.” Sin b said her goodbye as they drop Eunha back to the hospital.

          “Can’t assure you that but have a goodnight to both of you.” Eunha waved, mirrored by the two Doctor before going in and settling in the chair again.

 

 

          Eunha felt something move in the bed that morning, with some voices she opens her eyes with a grunt and saw the CEO awake. How she felt so relieve seeing her again.

          “Miss Jung. You’re awake thank Goodness.” Eunha jolted in her bed.

          “Eunha, why are you sleeping there? (gaze at the sofa) there is a comfortable couch right there.” Jessica shifted to sit which Taeyeon helped her then Eunha adjusted her bed.

          “Well, I wanted to stay by your side. I want to know if there is any changes or if ever you wake up.” Eunha sighs.

“She haven’t left your side since you were here, didn’t even go out to eat. Good thing Sinb brings some food.” Taeyeon explains.

          “Yep, me and Taeyeon.” Sinb added as she enters the room.

          “And how many days I’ve been here?” Jessica furrows her brows.

          “Three days top.” Sinb replied as she checks the IV.

          “That long? You never went home?” Jessica glares at Eunha with surprise.

          “I don’t want to leave you here. I don’t want anything to happen to you.” Eunha suppressed her tears.

“Stop. Gosh, you’re still a crybaby.” Jessica glares at her but open her arms for a hug which Eunha smiles and hug the CEO.

          “But, I want you to go home, sleep and take a rest. You can go back here later when I’m discharge.” Jessica smiled.

          “We need to talk about that.” Taeyeon sat in a chair beside the CEO, Eunha gaze at Taeyeon’s serious face, they never told her the specific reason why the CEO needed three days to be checked, what they diagnosed days ago is a dangerous illness if not treated well.

          “Why? Am I not discharge yet?” Jessica asks in confusion.

          “Not yet for a couple days.” Taeyeon replied.

          “Come on. I have companies to run.” Jessica groans.     

          “But it is for the better, for you to be better.” Eunha took her hand and holds it.

          “Why?” the CEO asks.

          .

          .

          .

          “You have…”

          Endocarditis… I know.” Jessica finished Sinb’s statement.

          “You knew?” Taeyeon, Sinb and Eunha chorused. Eunha felt betrayed, the diagnosis was right and the CEO knew about it and didn’t tell her.

          “Well, I was here months ago.” Jessica gaze at Eunha. That’s right, we we’re here months ago and she looks so sad and pale that time. Eunha thought to herself.

          “That was when you knew? Why didn’t you tell me?” Eunha in a sad voice, knowing and not telling anyone even her..

          “I don’t want to worry you or anyone who would worry.” Jessica rolled her eyes, Eunha understood but she is worried, maybe there are some people who was worried about the CEO and Eunha is one of them.

          “Well, you made us worry this time since you’re working all the time, stress and fatigue is triggering your heart to malfunction and making the symptoms worse” Taeyeon explained. Eunha can hear frustration and worried in Taeyeon’s voice.

          “If you’re going to continue working as you did before there will be a possibility that it’ll get worst even more and you’ll need a surgery.” Sinb added, finishing Taeyeon’s sentence.

          “But if she’ll work just minimum, she’ll be okay?” Eunha asks trying to calm the storm which made Jessica glared at her.

          “Yes, and a proper checks up from time to time.” Sinb nodded.

          “You still need to stay her for just a day or two, we’re running some test and the result will be here in these days and we need to monitor you for other symptoms.” Taeyeon stood up.

          “Sure, I’ll reschedule your board meeting next week and your schedule for two days will be handled by your cousin Jung Il woo for now.” Eunha noted in her phone. Jessica could do nothing but sigh.

          “Fine. But you need to go home.” Jessica give up, having no choice and no energy left to argue.

          “I will, since you’re awake. I’ll be home real quick and cook something for you, you have two angels here anyway.” Eunha smiles.

          “Thanks.” Jessica smiled back.

          With that, Eunha finally left the hospital to go home and took a bubble bath to relax a bit before going back to the hospital, with a home-made food with her Eunha skips going to the CEO’s floor, seeing the CEO still asleep Eunha decided to leave the food and the fruit with a note before going to the nearest coffee shop to have some coffee. A couple of hour has passed and Eunha went back to the hospital, as the elevator is about to close a feet stop the closing door. Seeing the young Doctor enter the elevator Eunha smiles.

          “Someone’s happy today.” Sinb smiles.

          “Yeah, probably not the best but one of the happiest. You going to the same floor?” Eunha asks.

          “Yeah, looking for Taeyeon.” Sinb nodded her head. There was silence in the ride to the floor. The two ladies headed straight to the CEO’s room just to find it empty.

          “Where is Miss Jung?” Worried expression can be seen in Eunha’s face and in her voice.

          “She must’ve went with Taeyeon.” Sinb tried to reason.

          “Can you call her? She didn’t bring her phone.” Eunha stated as she saw the CEO’s phone by the table.

          “We’re not allowed to carry phones.” Sinb said in an apologetic tone.

          “We just have to look for them then.” Eunha said and with that went out to look for the CEO, Sinb followed suit. Eunha headed to the parking lot at the back of the hospital’ it has garden in it but no sign of the CEO, next is the cafeteria but nothing. Sinb was asking some staff if they saw Taeyeon but none of them did.

          Eunha was walking back to the CEO’s room when she saw Jessica walking towards her room too, dragging her IV with her. Almost mad mostly worried, Eunha approach her boss.

          “Miss Jung, where have you been?” Eunha asks, panting as she face Jessica.

          “I’m sorry, did I worry you? I just went out for a walk.” Jessica smiles erasing the mad feeling in Eunha. At least she’s fine.

          “It’s okay as long as your fine. But please you could have left a note.” Eunha pouted.

          “I got it. Will do next time or message you. But it seems that I disturb something.” Jessica smiles and smirks.

          “What?” Eunha looks puzzled for a bit but soon realizes when she looked back and saw Sinb approaching behind her. This girl still has some energy to tease me.

          “I couldn’t find you so I asked for her help.” Eunha rolled her eyes at her CEO playfully.

          “I see.” The CEO smirks and they all headed to her private room.

          “Is there anything you feel, like pain or coldness?” Sinb ask as she monitors Jessica IV.

          “None so far Doc. I’m feeling good.” The CEO smiles.

          “Good, you should then take your dinner and have a rest.” Sinb then left the room.

          “So?” Jessica started.

          “Yes?” Eunha acted cute to avoid furthermore interrogating.

          “Any story you’ll like to tell?”

          “Like what? Oh, Mr. Jung Il woo just seal the deal for-“

          “I’m not talking about work, I mean you and Doctor who has the same name.” Jessica cut her off.

          “What about her?” Eunha ask innocently, there was nothing actually.

          “Come on Eunha, it’s obvious you’re drawn to each other.” Jessica stated.

          “Well, apart from having the same name we also share some interest in food, music and other things.” Eunha shrugged, remembering their conversation during those dinners.

          “So, you’ve been getting to know each other.” The CEO smirks.

          “Yeah, I’ve been-“

          “Yaahh! It’s nothing like that. I know what you’re thinking, don’t ever make me continue.” Eunha finally realizes what her boss is talking about.

          “But?” The CEO goes on.

          “Nothing much, it’s just that we just clicked like sisters and we’re both the only child.” Eunha explains.

          “I see.” The CEO nodded her head.

          “Who’s chocolate is that by the way? I don’t like that brand.” Jessica pointed at the chocolate by the table and some boxes.

          “Oh? I’m going to wrap those as a gift and the coloring book also for Doctor Kim and Doctor Hwang as a congratulatory gift. They are in their 4th year now that day you we’re admitted here so I thought of some gifts. Since both of them like sweets I bought some and the watercolor book is for Doctor Kim.” Eunha explains. She bought the gift a while ago when she left for coffee.

          “Oh?” Jessica nodded her head and smiles.

          “I’m going to wrap the other chocolate and the vintage camera for Doctor Sinb. You do the other gift for Doctor Kim.” Eunha smiles and took the chocolate which the Jessica dislike and the vintage camera.

          “I wonder where Doctor Kim went.” Eunha pouted.

          “Doctor Hwang said she had some appointment with another patient.” Eunha continues but stop talking about Taeyeon anyway.

          “Well, we didn’t appoint her as my private Doctor so don’t look for her that much.” The CEO smiles at her.

          “Well, she’s a kind Doctor you know? She gives me chocolates sometimes.” Eunha pouted.

          “Aigoo, looks like you’ve been spoiled.”

          “Not much. But thinking about it would you like to have a private Doctor? I want either the two of them.” Eunha thinks carefully as she wrote a letter of congratulations in a little card attached to the gift boxes.

          “Why would you do that? I’ll be fine on my own, with you. There’s no need for me to have a private Doctor.” The CEO sounded almost mad that taken Eunha in surprised.

          “Okay I will be your Doctor then.” Eunha chuckles.

          “Okay so, can you feel any pain right now?” Eunha imitate the Doctor Hwang.

          “No Doc. I’m feeling good.” Jessica plays along.

          “Good.” Eunha laugh accompanied by the CEO, such gentle laughs in a cruel room that could be a deathbed. It’s so good having you back.

          Before discharging the CEO, the head Doctor informed Jessica and Eunha that they need to at least visit the hospital at least once a week nor give any detail occurring symptoms to either Doctor Kim or Doctor Hwang. The week went by, Eunha can be found usually in her desk just outside the CEO’s office but this day if supposedly a check-up day. So instead of going to the hospital the Secretary went to a said restaurant to meet the Doctor since Jessica is not having any problems the past few days. Eunha is sitting by the window waiting for the Doctor as she listens to some music while reading a book, a silhouette stood in front of her. Looking up, she saw a familiar face in front of her.

          “Doctor Hwang!” Eunha stood up and about to bow.

          “There’s no need to be formal, we’re out of the hospital.” Sinb chuckles as she took a seat.

          “But still, we’re here to talk about your patient” Eunha said in her casual business tone.

          “Oh~ so this is how you sound when you work.” Sinb nodded her head. Eunha looks at her confused.

          “I mean, you’re different from the Eunha we’ve talk to.” Sinb chuckles as she took a sip from her glass.

          “Is that so?” Eunha scratch her thighs.

          “Now, that’s Eunha we know. At least.” Sinb laughs.

          “Shall we order then?” Sinb change the topic.

          “Is Doctor Kim not coming?” Eunha asks as she gaze at the door, the restaurant is near the hospital but the Doctor want to meet outside to have some food different from their usual meal as she said in her message.

          “No, she had some important matter to tend to.” Sinb scans the menu as she replied.

          “Why? Are you disappointed you are here with me?” Sinb peek from the menu.

          “No. of course not.” There was a nervous chuckle in her voice. They’ve place an order and there was another silence in the table.

          “So, you mention there are no more symptoms occurring to Miss Jung?” Sinb breaks the ice.

          “Yeah, she’s been taking antibiotics IV in work.” Eunha nodded her head.

          “That’s good to hear, any excuse me (whispers) diarrhea, rash or itching?” Sinb asks.

          “Not that she mention or did. Why?” Eunha asks in return.

          “Well, antibiotics are helpful but there are some antibiotics that patients are allergic too, so you can ask her about those symptoms so we can change anti biotics if that happens.” Sinb explains.

          “I see. She didn’t develop those allergy though but I’ll continue to look out for her.” Eunha nodded her head, their orders arrive and during the meal they talk about other things, like how their day had been during the week, about other patients and such. Since that meeting Sinb had been texting her to go out for coffee’s after her shift nor Eunha’s work ended for the day. It didn’t go unnoticed to her boss though who had been teasing her almost every time her phone rings.

It was rainy day, Eunha just got out of the office as usual she receive a message from the young Doctor to have a coffee earlier. Eunha went to their usual café and as she was waiting she receive a text that the young Doctor is running late because of some meeting.

 

          Sinb is fidgeting in her seat during the meeting which earned a glare from her friend.

          “Okay, that’s it we’re going to prep the patient for tomorrows operation so rest well.” Their head surgeon ended the meeting and as immediately, Sinb hurriedly stood up and dash to their locker to change.

          “You’re in a hurry. You have a date?” Taeyeon smirks at her friend.  

          “It’s not a date but yeah someone is waiting for me.” Sinb groaned.

          “See you tomorrow Taeng!~” Sinb waved at her friend before dashing out of the building, luckily the rain started to pour lightly.

          “Damn! Why do phone run out of battery at this time?!” Sinb muttered to herself, entering a taxi headed to the location hoping Eunha is still there but part if her wished she’s not there waiting. Minutes later, Sinb got out of the car but since the place is meters away from the road, she run with all her might. Stopping in their usual café with the door sign ‘close’  She sighs. ‘what an unfortunate event.’

        With a defeat sigh, the rain started pouring again and she turns to go back to the road when she met a familiar face in front of her, with an umbrella in her hand, she walk a step closer to the Doctor sharing the umbrella, shielding the Doctor from the rain.

          “I thought you had an operation tomorrow? Why are you bathing in the rain? You could get sick.” A smile plastered on her face. She was happy, her heart could’ve been jumping up and down which of course she won’t believe as a Doctor but that’s just how she feels. Not replying, she close the gap between them and hugs the small frame in front of her. Smiling together, as their warmth collided.

.

.

.

~As much as my heart flutters, I’m worried

The destiny is jealous of us, just like you I’m scared

When you see me

When you touch me

The universe has moved for us

There wasn’t even a little miss

Our happiness was meant to be

Cause you love me and I love you~

 

.

.

.

And as almost, Sinb break the hug and fake a cough.

          “I’m, sorry about the sudden hug. I’m just happy you didn’t left and ashamed at the same time.” Sinb explains as she clears .

          “Well, I’m taken back but I understand.” Eunha nodded her head.

          “Let me carry that for you.” Sinb took the umbrella from Eunha which a moment brushed their hand from the gesture.

          “Thanks.” Eunha smiles as she lets go of the umbrella.

          “Did you have dinner already?” Sinb asks this time.

          “Not yet, you?” Eunha replied, before the Doctor could answer her stomach growl which made them both laugh. Since restaurants are close for the night, they both decided to grab some ramen in a convenience store near the area and also after that, Sinb drop Eunha in her apartment insisting that she had troubled the latter.

          “Thanks for accompanying me home.” Eunha smiles, the rain had stopped that night.

          “Nah, it’s all my fault that you’re still up late.” Sinb scratches the back of her head.

          “Nothing really, it’s just my day off tomorrow, that’s why I waited for you.” Eunha shook her head.

          “I see, enjoy your off then. See you around.” Sinb handed the umbrella to Eunha, she waited for Eunha to enter the apartment before entering the taxi and headed home.

          The next morning, Eunha went to work early since she couldn’t sleep. Yes she has work and she lied to the Doctor so the latter can take her guilty feelings out of her chest.

          The day is about to end in the office, Eunha is reporting some paper works in her boss’s office but all she notice is the smirk on her boss’s face.

          Jessica had been teasing her with Doctor Hwang, Eunha felt nothing except just friends with the Doctor or so~

          “It’s nothing like that!” That was the hundredth time she denied which she knows is useless since Jessica won’t listens anyway.

“I want to hear yes we are an item.” Eunha rolled her eyes upon hearing those words.

          “We’re not, we’re just talking because of you.” Eunha sighs this time being annoyed and defeated once again.

          “Yeah? Having coffee every other day after her shift and lunch last weekend?” Jessica smiles, Gosh! If it wasn’t foe Jessica she wouldn’t be going out anyways. Is there a law that employee can punch their employer? Eunha could use right now.

          “Well, she said it’s easier to explain things personal and coincidentally enough we’re both free that time.” Eunha explained for a thousand times, almost teary why does her boss can be this stubborn? Who knows.

          “I’m just going out.” Eunha sighs again in defeat there’s no way she’s going to win over her CEO just looks at her with a sinister smile. Just when she opens the door, a familiar yet strange face came facing here. With her black hair and wearing her all black attire there’s no way she won’t recognize the young woman though she never met.

          “Uhm, Miss Jung. You have a visitor.” Was all Eunha could say before sneaking out of the office. Not a minute long as she guessed, Jessica went out of her office.

          “So, how did it go? Is she staying for good?” Eunha spoke the first word as they arrive at a bar which a part of their company.

          “I don’t know. Maybe you should try asking her?” Jessica gulps down a glass of martini.

          “I know you’re still mad, but since she’s here shouldn’t you try talking to her and maybe asks her why she did that.” Eunha pouted. She couldn’t help but feel sad for her boss, it’s been years since her boss’s sister came not that she had ever seen the sister but from the look of her face earlier, she wants to reconcile or apologize at least.

          “I don’t care, I don’t even know if she’s staying for good. And I don’t wanna hear any reasons.” There goes another glass down .

          “Talking is better than drinking.” Eunha sighs this time, there goes the cold hearted sica again.

          “Says who? Your Doctor Lover?” The CEO scoffs. Now she had some nerve to joke?

          “For a thousand times Miss Jung, she’s not my lover.” Eunha rolls her eyes, this isn’t about her. This is about Jessica and her long lost sister.

          “So sad then, you look good together though.” The CEO laughs.

          “Whatever, but you should stop drinking already. We have to visit the hospital tomorrow for a check-up.” Eunha took the glass and motion the bartender to stop pouring the CEO.

          “Oh? Someone’s excited?” The CEO smirks.

          “I’m not. Please, just stop being like this. I don’t want to see you this miserable Jessica-ah~” Eunha turns the mood to serious. She only uses her boss’s first name when she’s really serious. Knowing the CEO for so long, even when they went to college she would still look for her sister even in her dreams, calling her name with tears rolling in her cheeks.

          “Eunha-ah~ I’ve search for her, month’s turns to years and I’ve never given up even if everyone did. Even if they said that she’s gone for good.” The CEO started, her tears falling one by one. How it breaks Eunha’s heart, she wants nothing in this world but to see Jessica smiles again.

          “I know, I know because even in your sleep you never gave up on her.” Eunha draws Jessica closer and hugs her.

          “Seeing her earlier, so alive and looking really well. I want to hug her, I missed her so much. I want to maybe slap her for leaving without a word and nag at her. She’s all I have left, you know?” The CEO sobs.

          “I know. So, you better make it up to her the next time she finds you. Let her find you, okay? If she’s here that only means that she must’ve mustered a lot of courage to face you knowing what she did and she’s ready for your yelling or you slapping her face, you should at least give her a chance to tell you the reason she’s here.” Eunha cried too. She’s a crybaby and would always cry every time the CEO cries and of course that is also one of the reason how they got close.

          “I will.” The CEO nodded her head, Eunha still hugging her and her back.  

          “You’re really a crybaby you know that?” Jessica breaks the hugs and laughs at her.

          “I know. *sniffs *sniffs* why are you such a cold-hearted.” Eunha chuckles seeing Jessica smiles.

          “Come on, let’s go home. We still have to visit your crush tomorrow.” The CEO wipes her tears as she stood up, Eunha follows.

          “Ugh, here we go again.” Eunha groaned. But a little light hearted seeing Jessica was able to crack a joke and smiles.

          The next morning, Jessica and Eunha headed to the hospital for the follow up check-up and Eunha was about to smile when Sinb approach them but changed her mind reminding herself Jessica is with her.

        “Miss Eunha, Miss Jung, are you here for your follow up check-up?” Sinb greeted them both, with a smile.

          “Yes, Are you and Doctor Kim still our Doctor?” Eunha asks.

          “Kind of.” Sinb replied, there was a pang in her heart with the thought that what if Sinb and Taeyeon are no longer Jessica’s Doctor.

          “Follow me this way.” Sinb motions while Eunha and Jessica followed.

          “What do you mean kind of? Did they give us a new Doctor?” Jessica asks, keeping her face straight as usual, there’s something in her voice that Eunha couldn’t put in words as well, perhaps they both had been grown fond of the two Doctor.

          “Well, since Taeyeon and I are not allowed to do your surgery if ever you’re going to agree to have one. We are only assisting a leading Surgeon.” Sinb stop in one of the room, the three of them enters the room.

          “I’ll introduce the new Doctor later when she’s in.” Sinb added.

          “So, that means you’ll still assist us, right?” Eunha asks, hoping not giving her boss a reason to which is already too late.

          “Yes, Why do you asks?” Sinb smiles, Eunha’s eyes travel to Jessica back to Sinb

          “Eh? It’s just good to know that Miss Jung is being well taken care by someone we both know. Right?” Eunha looks at Jessica hoping to be rescue, nervous.

          “Of course.” The CEO smirks at her, Doomed! That’s what Eunha thought to herself.

          “Sure thing. Just wait in here then, okay?” Sinb then left them with a smile. Jessica smirks at Eunha.

          “Someone familiar, huh?” Jessica scoffs. Eunha just sigh.

          The doctor arrived and introduce herself, she had a deep voice but a sweet one, It’s good seeing Jessica joking around Taeyeon, while Sinb went to the lab to have Jessica’s blood check-up. Since the result is getting delayed, Eunha decided to buy some snacks and ice cream of mint chocolate. Eunha headed to the nearest convenient store and bought some ice cream, Eunha was entering the building when she saw a familiar silhouette by the parking lot, the silhouette’s back turn toward her but she knows who it was, she was about to approach the figure but notice another figure entering a car followed by the figure she knew, Eunha hides behind a pillar as the car passes by her. ‘Why am I hiding?’  Eunha thought to herself. As the car left the building, Eunha headed back to Jessica’s private room just to find the CEO sleeping. Making herself comfortable to the couch this time, her thoughts flying to the two figure she saw earlier.

          Following days had been quiet, Sinb haven’t contacted her nor ask her which she never cared anyway. Eunha and Jessica was having a dinner meeting at a restaurant, closing the deal they left the room and as they pass by the dining area, Eunha notice a young girl.

          “Soojung?” Eunha called which she intended to speak in her thought. Jessica’s expressions turn ice cold.

“Eunha-unnie~” The younger Jung greeted the secretary with a smile but disappeared as soon as her eyes landed on her older sister’s cold expressions.

          “Are you alone?” Eunha asks, trying to make the mood less dark.

          “No, actually I’m with a friend.” Soojung replied with a smile as she look at Eunha.

          “I see, we just had a meeting with a client here.” Eunha chuckles, nervous actually.

          “Is that so?” Soojung turn her gaze at her sister then at the floor, Eunha know that look, its longing and loneliness. She know those eyes, eyes like Jessica when they’re talking about Krystal.

          “You should go on. Have a great night.” Soojung smiles as she raise her head and took a quick glance at her sister,

          “You too, don’t stay here for too long.” Eunha smiled back.

          “I won’t.” Soojung replied and with those words said, Eunha and Jessica left.

 

           A couple of days passed and they haven’t talk about the meeting, Jessica had been quiet and just doing works as usual, it’s suffocating Eunha and adding to the fire that Sinb haven’t contacted her too.

          “You promised you’d talk to her.” Eunha brought up the topic as they headed to the CHOI’s.

          “I did, but that wasn’t the right timing.” Jessica answered as usual in her plain expression.

          “So when is the right timing?” Eunha asks, almost annoyed.

          “I’ll try my best the next time, okay?” The CEO sighs, Eunha sighs in defeat and just filled Jessica with information about the dinner meeting.

          Siwon greeted them by the door and led them to the table, Jessica greeted her uncle too. Sooyoung appeared then with Taeyeon and Tiffany Young the artist we’ve collab with a while ago. Eunha then notice something in Jessica’s smile when she talked with Taeyeon, a smile different from her usual smile. The dinner went smoothly and Sooyoung’s charity event is also planned perfectly well, they all agreed in contentment. After dinner, Eunha excused herself to go home early that night to give Jessica and the CHOI’s some family talk and whatsoever. Eunha hail a taxi but before going home, she stop by a mall to look for her dog’s food. After having bought some dog food she pass by the rest room, it was quite slippery that the gravity we’re out of her control. She was about to fall but a hand quickly catch her arm steadying her. She steady herself then and look up to the stranger in front of her, blonde with bangs wearing a white dress that hugs her body.

          “Be careful” The stranger flashes her with an eye-smile.

          “Thanks, uhm?”

          “I’m Yerin, Jung Yerin.” The stranger extended a hand.

          “Eunha, Jung Eunha.” Eunha took Yerin’s hand and shook it.

          “Are you finish al-“A voice came in.

          “Doctor Hwang?-“Eunha

          “Not yet, babe~” Yerin

          They both said in unison. Babe~ the words that almost pound Eunha’s heart to pieces.

          “Hey, Eunha~” Sinb greeted Eunha with a smile.

          “You know each other?” Yerin asks as her eyes jump from Sinb to Eunha.

          “Yeah, she’s a friend of one of our patient.” Sinb put her hand over Yerin’s shoulder. ‘Damn’

          “Yes, Doctor Hwang is treating my boss. By the way excuse me. I have to go.” Eunha picks up her bag from the floor and couldn’t help but notice a ring on Yerin’s finger, an engagement ring.

          “Sure, travel safe.” Yerin said with the same Eye-smile.

          “Same to both of you.” Eunha smiles before leaving the mall with a heavy heart.

 

 

=BACK TO THE PRESENT=

 

          “So? She’s Engage?” Jessica exclaimed, Eunha groans and chuckles at Jessica’s reaction.

          “Yeah, so just stop teasing me already okay? (whispers) if you don’t want to me to tease you to Taeyeon.” Eunha pouts then roll her eyes.

          “What?” Jessica furrows her brows.

          “Nothing, Let’s just look forward and finish this cutting of ribbon ceremony.” Eunha smirks. Jessica though on the other hand felt guilty she was the reason Eunha had been seeing Sinb in the first place for her treatment then she’d been teasing her and now she’s heart broken.      Jessica pouted and lean her head on Eunha’s shoulder.

          “We can grab drinks later on.” Jessica said with a sigh.

          “What? It’s not like I’m heartbroken or what? Please! Take those thoughts out of your head.” Eunha exclaim.

          “Eh?” Jessica raise her brow.

          “Seriously, I’m being serious right now Jessica-shi~ I’m fine.” Eunha groans.

          “Fine. I believe you.” Jessica snuggle to Eunha anyway and link their arms.

          “We’re still going to drink later on anyway. It’s a celebration you know?” Jessica still insists.

          “Whatever.” Eunha sighs in defeat, as if she’ll ever win against the Great Madam Jung. But she’s still thankful the CEO is sticking close to her so she’ll never notice her tears tempting to fall.

 

A//N: An update, yeahaey! lol! so there's my Eunbi Story, hope you like it guys, Thanks for reading, subscribing and waiting. I can't assure you to update regularly since i want to take my time writing this to put a feeling to it. >.< lol but still thank you especially to those showing interest in the comments, what a curiousity you have there. If you want to know just keep reading, Lol! Thank you. :)