CHAPTER 1

BLOODY DAISY - English Version

Kwon Ji Yong stared blankly at the garden in front of him. His pale face with dark circles under his tired eyes indicated that the man had not slept for long hours.

How could he slept when he still mourned the loss of his wife who had just passed away. Usually, at this time she waves him goodbye before she forces him to eat his breakfast that she made by herself. Seungnie will kiss him lovingly while Soo Ra whines spoilt before let him promise that little princess other toys she wants.

His happy life shouldn't have ended like this ...

Jiyong wiped the corner of his wet eyes. Tears have spoilt since he found his wife lying dead as a corpse in the hospital when he had to look tough in front of his daughter who still didn't understand why her mother didn't wake up when she called her, and her Papa healthy so sad that he kept crying, makes her confused and finally cries too until that little girl fell asleep from exhaustion.

Seungnie… Why she leaves them like this? Jiyong couldn't shake his beloved wife's pale face from his eyes. Why? Seungnie always looks beautiful, lively, and cheerful, she always has a smile on her lips, she is an energized, healthy woman, full of spirit and passion of life. And she never complained of any sickness to him, not at once!

Jiyong let out a long sigh. Seungnie's death is definitely not an ordinary thing because Jiyong knows his wife well. Or maybe he doesn't know his wife that well? Is Seungnie hiding something? Has Jiyong been not paying enough attention to his wife all this time?

Guilt-filled feeling fills that man’s heart, he didn't know what to think at the moment. His soulmate is no longer there, how should he live his life?

The sound of knocking on the door was heard and Jiyong turned his face towards the direction of the sound. Mr. Ma, the head of the housekeeper seen behind it, bowed deeply at him.

“Pardon me, young master. Someone named Lee Seunghyun came from Canada and said he had made an appointment with you, ”the 73-year-old man said in his voice that was hoarse but still loud. That head housekeeper had been work for Kwon family for decades, he was Jiyong father’s playmate and the one who actually raised him when his parent was too busy grows up the family’s business. 

Jiyong furrowed his brows. Lee Seunghyun? So the man has arrived? It’s quite a short time that this man could be able to be here before the funeral, the journey from Canada to South Korea itself must take a long time.

Jiyong first heard about that name a few months ago from his wife. This was surprising because Seungnie never told him that she actually had a sibling, an older brother that lives out of the country and they haven’t met since she was adopted by Lee Sung Han’s family. Lee Sung Han and his wife had just lost their daughter who died due to illness. The fact that Seungnie was an adopted child in Lee Sung Han was not things that Jiyong hasn’t know. Seungnie told him long before they god married which is one of the dozen things that made his parents against their marriage. Even if Seungnie is really the biological child of Lee Sung Han's family, his father won’t easily agree with it, let alone knowing that the woman is just an adopted child, the more they oppose Jiyong's choice of her as his wife.

It was only because of Jiyong's stubbornness when he threads his parent that he was willing to leave the Kwon family and give up all the inheritance rights to the family's property and the company that finally made Kwon Young Hwan, Jiyong's father, accept Lee Seungnie as his daughter-in-law.

"Young master…?" Mr. Ma's hoarse voice broke Jiyong's reverie.

"OK. Get him in. " Finally Jiyong opened his mouth. Mr. Ma bowed deeply again, but before turning around the old man again said,

"I also want to remind you... The time for the funeral is about in a few minutes..." said the man softly but clearly heard in Jiyong's ear. It was really sad in the voice of the faithful housekeeper when he said this, as Jiyong understand how passionate the relation between Seungnie and Mr. Ma was.

"I know," Jiyong answered equally softly.

A few moments later, the knock on the half-open door was heard again. Jiyong, who was still standing in front of his study window, turned around to greet the guest who had come, the man he had never met before, whom Seungnie said was the only sibling who had never been told before.

The well-built man stepped into the room, at the same time Jiyong turned his body to stare at the door.

Their eyes met for the first time. And Jiyong’s eyes wide open at the sight of the younger man who came and approach him. Because he seemed to see his wife's face in the form of a man…

At Lee Seunghyun's face.

 

**************

 

“Hello, I'm Lee Seunghyun. I’m sorry that I should introduce myself in an unpleasant situation like this," the man walked up straight at him.

Jiyong released the breath he had been unconsciously holding. He took the man's hand and felt a steady grip as they shook hands.

"Kwon Jiyong." Lee Seunghyun smiled faintly at the answer of the man he just met as a brother-in-law and nodded his head,

“I heard a lot about you from Seungnie. I’m so sorry… My condolences… ”Lee Seunghyun stopped his words as if something was stuck in his throat.

“Of course you also feel lost. We both grieving. ”Jiyong finally broke the painful silence.

"It’s been a long time I haven’t seen Seungnie. We only speak on the phone occasionally, and more frequently in this past weeks. But this news… I really didn't expect it at all,” Seunghyun continued. Kwon Jiyong sighed heavily then massaged his temples because he felt dizzy in his head due to lack of sleep.

“I’m sorry that I never knew about your whereabouts as my brother-in-law, Seungnie just told me about you in the last few weeks also. Frankly, it was quite a surprise me when she said that she has a brother. Seungnie was not a type of someone who hides something. But now when I meet you… Uhm it’s hard to deny it, you and Seungnie have an identical look,” Jiyong responded.

Lee Seunghyun lowered his head before sighing.

"It's because we are actually twins."

Jiyong furrowed his brows, which the boy in front of him responded with a bitter snort.

“Our parents believe in the superstition that if they have twins baby, a boy, and a girl, then we have to be separated so that nothing bad happens to either one. Stupid and wrong thing to trust actually, or maybe it’s just an excuse to let her being adopted to a better family than ours,” he muttered.

“So… are your biological parents still….?" Jiyong was curious but could not continue his words. Seungri gave a faint smile again and shrugged his shoulders,

"They have passed away. My mother died first from illness, and my father died a few months later. I heard about Seungnie from Lee Sung Han-nim."

Jiyong nodded his head, he found out about it because his father-in-law told him about Lee Seunghyun's arrival here, as Seungnie's only brother.

The room fell silent for a moment. Jiyong used that to take a closer look at the male face in front of him. What an extraordinary resemblance they were, somehow it made him even more reminded of the fact that he had to bury his dead wife. Jiyong's heart was crushed by sadness, makes him unable to stare at the man's face for too long.

“Seungnie's funeral procession will be in a minute,” he murmured softly, swallowing the lump that was sticking up in his dry throat. Lee Seunghyun nodded his head,

"We'd better go to the study room now if you want to see Seungnie's face the last time before the chest closed." Having finished speaking, Jiyong moved his foot for the first time towards the exit of his study while the guest followed his steps.

They walked through a large living room filled with expensive and antique furniture, all looking clean and tidy to describe the owner of the house. Exiting the living room, there was a hallway where the study room Kwon Jiyong meant was located on the left-wing of the luxury house belonging to the heir of Yong Hwan Enterprise. There he left his wife in a beautiful coffin. The guests who come are chosen, not everyone can enter the mansion-shaped house, while other guests are directed to wait for the funeral process in a cemetery located a few kilometers from Kwon Jiyong's house.

When they entered the room, Jiyong could hear murmur and whispers echoed in the quiet room, several people look surprised when they saw who was with him. Jiyong immediately walked to the place where his parents were sitting on the right side of the room, introducing his guest to his parents who watched their arrival with great interest.

"Appa, Eomma... I want to introduce Lee Seunghyun, Seungnie's twin brother who came from Canada," the man said softly, while the man mentioned step upfront next to Jiyong and bowed his head.

Kwon Young Hwan just looked at the young man with an intense gaze but displeasure showed on his face. He cleared his throat while exhaling before speaking,

“What an unexpected surprise. What other reality has Seungnie been hiding from us all this time ... ”hissed the man while looking away.

"Appa!" Jiyong said sharply to his father who then glared at his son.

"That's what happened. Your wife never said anything about having a brother, and suddenly a stranger came here claiming to be her sibling. Are you this easy to believe it?" Kwon Young Hwan said a little louder.

Suddenly Lee Sung Han, a middle-aged man with a haggard face who was sitting across the room walked closer because he saw the tension that was happening in front of him.

"I'm sorry, Kwon in law. This is my fault that I didn't say anything about Seungnie's family before. But this young man, he is truly the only sibling that Seungnie has. I beg you not to blame Seungnie, please… This is not the time to say bad things to my daughter…” the man's voice choked up. Meanwhile, Jiyong stared at his father-in-law and mother-in-law who sobbed across the room.

"Please, forgive Appa, Abeonim. This is a hard time for all of us and makes us emotional,” Jiyong said politely. Mr. Lee Sung Han nodded his head, then pulled Lee Seunghyun's arm, who had been silent but was paying serious attention to everything that was happening before him.

“Come on, son. You have to meet your sister for the last time. She will be buried soon,” the man whispered to him. Lee Seunghyun nodded his head again at the Kwon family couple who still didn't seem to be paying attention to him, then followed Seungnie's foster father to the coffin.

The man is now staring at the corpse laid inside the coffin. He was stunned to see the face of his twin sister lying stiff. A beautiful face because of the make-up effect can not cover the fact that this woman is not breathing, her lips are red from a soft tint and a smile that gives the impression that this woman is sleeping comfortably. But in Lee Seunghyun's brain, there were other things that made him think hard. His instincts and feelings balked at the look that was seen before his eyes.

Lee Seunghyun walked closer to the edge of the crate and bent over. First, he looked at Seungnie's face intently, then down to the neck and further down until his gaze was fixed on the woman's two hands which were cupped with a bundle of daisy flowers tucked there.

That man eyes narrowed, then he reached out his hand to touch Seungnie's already stiff hands. Suddenly his hand caught in a grip on his arm,

"What do you think you’re doing?" a female voice in banmal language startled him. Lee Seunghyun turned his head and found a beautiful woman with a cold face staring at him with an angry look.

"I’m sorry. I just want to see something,” the man replied politely but pulled his arm from the woman's grasp with a slight jerk.

“Don’t you dare to touch her! Who do you think you are going to touch Seungnie as you like?" that woman with long hair and an arrogant attitude hissed at him angrily.

Lee Seunghyun then looked at the woman standing next to him closely while putting on a small smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"And who are you, who forbade me to touch my sister for one last time?" he asked with a sharp glance. Suddenly Kwon Jiyong walked over to the two people who looked tense and glared at each other.

"Is there a problem?" the male voice sounded cold. It was clear that he did not like what was happening before his eyes.

“He was about to touch Seungnie. Can't he just let Seungnie alone after his shocking arrival?  How dare he, the brother that never exist suddenly want to be recognized as a blood-related person to your wife?” the woman said as she turned to Jiyong asking support for her arguments.

Jiyong looked at Seungri as if asking him for an explanation.

"Should you do that?" Again Seungri heard the 'banmal' language fixed on him from Kwon Jiyong who previously been polite to him. The man was clearly disturbed and maybe start to show his real attitude when he was near all his family members. Seungri felt that the man looked down on him as if using language like that showed the highest rank people talking to the lowest one.

But the man seemed unaffected by the change in Kwon Jiyong attitude, he countered that mourned husband with another question,

"May I? I just want to hold her hand before letting her go."

The two men stared at each other, and once again Jiyong felt himself looking into the eyes of his beloved wife, making him have to tighten his own jaw against the mixed feelings in his heart.

Because Jiyong didn't say anything, Lee Seunghyun shifted his sight back to his dead sister and reached out his hand to grab the cold and stiff hands.

"Can I have a minute to talk to her?" Lee Seunghyun said quietly which then got a response from Jiyong's body who stepped back as followed by the woman who had protested before.

Slowly Seunghyun shifted his body as he closed the sight from two people behind him from his outstretched hand touching Seungnie's stiff hand.

“Seungnie'ah… Here I come to see you. I'm sorry for meeting you late, I didn't expect to see you like this,” Lee Seunghyun said softly that still could be heard by Jiyong's ears but the man couldn't see what Lee Seunghyun's hand was doing as he tried to turn Seungnie’s forearm slightly so he could look at the skin beneath from her hand.

It only took a few seconds, and the man had seen what he wanted to see. He pulled back his outstretched hand, the man's face now looked flat and serious. His eyes fixed on Seungnie's smiling face.

"Oh, Seungnie’ah. You must live a difficult life... What the truth that had happened to you?" he muttered softly. What a coincidence at that time Jiyong moved closer to him and heard his murmuring.

"What did you say?"

Lee Seunghyun turned to the man who was now looking at him with a questioning look and at the same time emotional because he heard the mutter as to accuse him of mistreating his beloved wife.

"You should know something, Kwon Jiyong'ssi." The man answered with a real pinpoint of an accusing tone that became clearer, making Jiyong's still unstable emotional defenses torn apart by anger.

“What do you mean by that, Lee Seunghyun'ssi. Are you accusing me of not treating Seungnie well all this time? " anger came from Jiyong's voice.

"Is that so? Do you correctly know the cause of Seungnie's death, Kwon Jiyong'ssi?" Lee Seunghyun replied to the man's words with a cold tone that made Jiyong's spine freeze when he heard it.

"Mwo?!" reflex Jiyong's hand reached out and grabbed the collar of the black shirt that the man was wearing, making all the guests in the room exclaim stifled when he saw the unexpected incident.

Jiyong on the other hand, his instincts wanted to hit Lee Seunghyun's mouth, who dared to say that to him. However, his brain digesting the man's words that seemed to open a question that had arisen without him being able to answer.

The cause of Seungnie's death.

Jiyong's brain cells flashback to find the answer. The doctor at the hospital said that Seungnie had heart failure because his wife had difficulty breathing. And he did not ask further because he was busy with sudden misery he should face. Seungnie has never been seen to have a problem with her health that could make her in such a condition.

Several people had approached the two men and tried to grab Jiyong's arm, whose hand was still gripping the other's jacket.

"Sajangnim..." a man behind Jiyong said and once again tried to let go of Jiyong's hand.

"Sir, you better get out of this room..." another said to Lee Seunghyun.

When Jiyong's hand finally slipped from Lee Seunghyun's, the man was led to leave the room followed by Lee Sung Han and his wife. As soon as the room calmed down again, everyone there tried not to mumble anything after the incident that happens, but surely rumor will spread soon as the funeral is done.

Jiyong took a deep breath and sighed several times. He tried to clear his mind from Lee Seunghyun's words which triggered him to question many things that suddenly started to look awkward.

He looked at his beloved wife's face with a frown. His hand reached out to caress his lover's cheek. What makes Lee Seunghyun tell him that? Those words are hurting him, pierced his sorrowful heart, weren't enough feelings he had to endure right now that he still had to think that the death of the woman he loved was not due to an ordinary thing?

Who the hell wants to hurt Seungnie? To think that his wife was going through it was beyond any common sense he could possibly think. If anyone dared to hurt Seungnie… If only Jiyong had known that someone intended to harm her… Jiyong would crush them before they could think anything that will endanger his loved one, he surely will protect his family with his whole life and destroyed the threat from their lives.

"Young master now is the time to start the funeral ceremony..." Mr. Ma's voice softly heard next to Jiyong.

The man straightened his body. From outside the room, Kwon Soo Ra was seen talking to Lee Seunghyun who was squatting in front of his daughter and talking with a soft smiling face.

Jiyong's heart seemed to stop beating.

The little angel chuckled at the grown man who seemed to be teasing her. There was a pain twisting in his heart at how his little girl could immediately appear to get along with the man who had shaken his mind. Jiyong didn't like that. He didn't want his daughter to be close to that man. He doesn't want Soo Ra to see what he sees…

"Call Soo Ra here, I want her to see her mother for last time," Jiyong ordered, the housekeeper soon carried out Soo Ra who was accompanied by her nanny to Jiyong.

Jiyong pulls his little girl in his arms, hugged her small body tightly, smelled the soft scent of her little angel which reminded her of Seungnie's again. Jiyong choked on the emotion that crept up at the base of his neck, his tears rolling again.

"Papa... Don't cry," her little girl whined as she wiped the tears rolling down Jiyong's cheeks.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, Papa won't cry anymore… ”Jiyong inhale the water that filled his nose and then gave the little girl a weak smile.

"Didn't Mama wake up yet?" Soo Ra now asks as she turns into the coffin, where her mother is sleeping quietly.

"Mama won't wake up, honey. Mama is going to sleep for a long time." Jiyong explained his little girl haltingly. Soo Ra looks at her father's face in confusion.

“Mama didn't wake up? She doesn’t eat too?" Jiyong was only able to shake his head weakly.

“I don’t want to. Soo Ra wants to play with Mom,” the little girl whined again.

"How if Papa who would play with Soo Ra then?" The little girl stared at Jiyong with her round excited eyes.

"Yes. Papa will play with Soo Ra, eung? Promise?" she chatters while nodding her head. Jiyong smiled and hugged his little daughter again.

"Promise. Papa loves you, my baby girl. Mama loves you too, so much."

"Na do." The little girl smiled and kissed her father's cheek with a wet kiss.

"Now say good night to mama. Because mom will sleep somewhere else,” said Jiyong softly as he brought Soo Ra to the edge of the crate.

The little girl looked at her mother and smiled while Jiyong leaned closer so his daughter's little hand could touch her mother's cold cheeks. And then with that small and innocent voice, Soo Ra says,

"Mama... good night. Don't have a bad dream." And she started singing the lullaby that Seungnie used to sing to her every night.

And Jiyong couldn't hold back his tears anymore.

 

*************

 

Seungnie's funeral proceeded with a sad aura. Nature seemed to understand Jiyong's feelings because it was raining that afternoon just when everyone had gone home and Jiyong had just entered into his room to change clothes.

He felt tired, physically and emotionally. His head felt heavy and sore. Kwon Soo Ra did not come to the funeral and was still sleeping soundly in her room next to Jiyong's because Soo Ra sometimes woke up at night and ended up sleeping with them in the main room.

Sluggishly, the man fell on the wide bed. For two days he had not rested his body, but his mind was still wandering and uneasy. Lee Seunghyun's words kept nagging and bore his head deeper as time goes.

The cause of Seungnie's death.

Jiyong groaned in despair. He grabbed the pillow and hugged it tightly. Seungnie's scent fills his nostrils, reminding him that she won’t be here with him any longer. That now he has to face this life alone. This makes him short of breath whipped by the various feelings and thoughts that bombarded him. But he couldn't cry anymore. His tear glands were dry all he could do was moan over the pain he felt.

Seungnie never complains of being sick. Why did she suddenly have heart failure? Then what did Lee Seunghyun do when the man dare said about the cause of his wife's death? What did the man find that he didn't know? Who was he, other than the admission that he was his wife's twin? Jiyong curse to that stranger who suddenly comes and disturbs him in such a way!

Sighing, Jiyong returned to his feet. The man unsteadily walked to a desk in the corner of the room, took brandy from one of the drawers on the table, and sipped straight from the bottle. The hot liquid flowed down his dry and sore throat, burning his empty stomach. It only took a few minutes for Jiyong to start feeling his head a little light, the alcohol reacted quickly to weaken his consciousness. He needed alcohol at this time, to relieve his headaches and the feeling of tightness in his chest. Dulling his senses that seems doesn’t want to stop thinking.

Jiyong tries to stand from the edge of the table he had been sitting on. Staggered while carrying the brandy bottle. He had only survived five steps and had not yet fully reached the bed when his body swayed and fell onto the thick carpet floor. He fell unconscious.

 

*************

 

Approaching noon the next day Jiyong wakes up in his bedroom bed. He wore his pajamas covered in a blanket. Someone must have moved and taken care of him when he fell yesterday. The sun was already rising and its light filled the room from the open window.

Slowly he got up and start to felt the bang in his head like it was beaten by a hammer.

"Are you awake, young master?" a familiar voice sounded from his right. Mr. Ma stood a little further from the bed and looked at him with concern.

"Ah, yes. My head hurts… ”Jiyong held his head which was still throbbing. The old man walked over with a tray and a glass of water. There were two aspirins on the tray, without saying anything Jiyong took them at once.

"Mr. Lee Seunghyun awaits you in the study, young master." Mr. Ma suddenly said in a cautious tone. Jiyong turned his head and frowned.

"What's he here for?" his memory back to the questions that still hang in his mind.

"Looks like he came to say goodbye," the housekeeper replied. Jiyong snorted, but he managed to drag his feet out of the bed and sat for a few moments by his side, catching his own breath and hoping that the aspirin works its charm.

"When did he come?" Mr. Ma cleared his throat before answering,

"Three hours ago." Jiyong stared with a surprised look.

"And he's still waiting?"

The housekeeper nodded in response. Jiyong sighed hard.

"I'll come down and see him," he said simply. Mr. Ma just bent his body and stared at the back of his young master stepping out of the room.

In Jiyong's study, which is located downstairs, the man found Lee Seunghyun sitting next to his daughter who was watching the book they were looking at while the man read the story. Soo Ra looks seriously paying attention while the man voices the conversation between chicken and goat complete with their sounds.

Jiyong noticed this for a while before finally, Lee Seunghyun noticed his presence when he about to mimicking the sound of a lion roaring complete with his clawed hands. The man's movements stopped abruptly and he stood up nervously as their eyes met. Soo Ra looked up at the man next to her who suddenly stood up,

"Ahjussi, why did you stop?" she asked in surprise. Lee Seunghyun cleared his throat, then pointed towards the door,

“Your father has come, Soo Ra'yah. Ahjussi wants to talk to your father."

Kwon Soo Ra looked at the door and found his father still in his pajamas standing there.

"Papa!" The girl exclaimed and ran towards Jiyong who greeted her in his arms.

"Soo Ra'ni, have you eaten?" Jiyong asked, but his eyes glanced at the man who was standing quite far from him and looked awkward.

"Eung! Ahjussi, read the story for me. I like it." The girl chattered with a bright face.

"Oh, really? Did ahjussi good at telling stories?" Again the little girl nodded her head excitedly.

"OK. Now ahjussi wants to talk to Papa. Soo Ra can wait and play with nanny in your playroom, okay? Daddy will read you a story later,” Jiyong said as he walked over to the man who was still standing.

"I want ahjussi to read the story." Kwon Soo Ra frowned slightly, her stubborn expression looked adorable, but that trait really dropped from him. Jiyong glanced at the man in front of him now.

"Ahjussi should probably leave after talking to papa..." Their eyes met again and Jiyong felt the little girl struggling from his arms.

"Ahjussi read me a story." The little girl ran towards Lee Seunghyun and hugged the man's legs and made him feel uncomfortable again.

"Uh... Soo Ra'yah, maybe later Ahjussi continue to read you the story again, hmm?" Seunghyun answers her, it seems he becomes the little girl's favorite now and try to persuade her.

"You promise?" Soo Ra held her pinky finger. Lee Seunghyun glanced at Kwon Jiyong who was still staring at him.

“Kwon Soo Ra. You can’t force Ahjussi to promise like that, and you have to be polite to the guests, ”Jiyong finally said with a little stern but made the girl starts to sobs.

"Oh, okay... Okay... Ahjussi promised," Lee Seunghyun immediately hooked his little finger to the girls.

Soon Soo Ra's temps to cry stops, her wet eyes flicker cutely.

"Remember you promised," she sounded happy again. Lee Seunghyun finally couldn't stop himself from smiling broadly, he the head of the girl who took the storybook lying on the sofa.

"I'll be waiting for you, ahjussi." Exclaimed the girl, waving her hand before jogging out of her father's study. As soon as Soo Ra disappeared from their sight, Lee Seunghyun turned his gaze back to the daughter's father who still didn't stop staring at him.

“Uh… sorry. I didn't expect to meet Soo Ra while waiting for you, she's so cute, ” the guest said awkwardly because Jiyong's eyes were sharp and full of judgment on him.

"What do you want to come here?" The host's harsh and cold welcome reminded Lee Seunghyun that he hadn't completely let go of yesterday's incident.

" I want to apologize for what I said before to you," the man said politely. Jiyong was still silent, only his eyes continued to hint that he was listening.

"I shouldn't accuse you like that. Although I have doubts about the truth, I shouldn’t strictly make an accusation. But honestly, I could say it rather a question... "

"Who the hell are you dare to say words like that to me?" Jiyong's voice interrupted the guest. Lee Seunghyun was holding his tongue while Jiyong walked to the sofa opposite him and was sitting there with his arms folded. There was silence for a few seconds.

“I am nothing to you, but Seungnie is still the only family I have after the death of my parents. Seungnie and I have a good relationship again after so long when I told her that our mother had passed away. Since then we sent messages to each other until two days ago when Mr. Lee Sung Han told me about Seungnie’s death,” the man replied.

"Then why did Seungnie never tell me about you?" Lee Seunghyun raised his head not expecting that question. The man seemed to think then shrugged his shoulders,

"Frankly, I don't understand it either. I really didn't expect to see Seungnie like this. And when I saw her condition yesterday... It triggered my curiosity to find out more about what caused her death..."

Kwon Jiyong narrowed his eyes. This was the question that had popped up in his mind over and over again since Lee Seunghyun had said about the real cause of his wife's death, and his head suddenly felt heavy again.

"What do you mean exactly? Since yesterday you always say that as if my wife died not because of illness but because of being killed!" Jiyong started to vent his uneasiness in screams.

Mr. Ma, the housekeeper suddenly appeared from behind the door without knocking because he heard the host 's scream. However, seeing that nothing suspicious had happened other than his young master who looked annoyed, the old man closed the study’s door that he opened earlier.

"Forgive me. Maybe it has become my habit to always be suspicious of everything. My job demands that kind of attitude. ” Lee Seunghyun opened his voice after the door closed tightly. Jiyong didn't say anything, but his eyes shone with curiosity.

"I served as a detective in the Quebec police department," the man explained briefly but did not change the expression of the man in front of him.

“Kwon Jiyong'ssi. I did not come here to add another burden to your mourn feelings. I understand that you are missing your loved ones at this time. I have to apologize if it turns out what I found in Seungnie's condition makes you even more grieved. But if that is true, it would be unfair for my sister to just die, being taken away from the lives she’s happily living with her loved family."

Jiyong clenched his jaw at those words.

“As an older brother who hasn't given her love and attention since we were 6 years old, I want to at least do something if this injustice happens to her. But it looks like I didn't have the chance to do that, so after I thought last night, I decided to go back to Canada and say goodbye and apologize to you at the same time.” Lee Seunghyun said again, he sighed heavily before lowering his head politely as a farewell. He didn't expect the man to say anything, but when he lifted his head, Kwon Jiyong said,

"What chance do you mean to prove what you’ve said earlier?"

The two men stare at each other, they are now seen weighing each other. Jiyong considered whether the words of the man in front of her were worthy to trust, while Lee Seunghyun questioned the sincerity of her twin sister's husband with the question he had just asked.

“I want to investigate my sister's death here. But I don't have any access to it. I only have a temporary residence visa, I don't have anything like I used to have in Quebec such as authority and tools."

Jiyong narrowed his eyes.

"And if I can provide you with everything you need, then you will carry out the investigation?"

"Of course. I have one suspicion ready for me to resolve. And if this suspicion proves that Seungnie's death is not a natural death. I will pursue the culprit and demand justice from him." Lee Seunghyun's voice sounded furious.

Jiyong snorted, imagining to hear that excessive presumption and imagining that someone might have a grudge to his wife makes him sure that this man doesn’t know Seungnie at all. But this person, Lee Seunghyun have been separated by his twin for so long, they don’t understand each other’s personalities.  

“You may not know Seungnie is. But she's not the one who triggers people to hate her to want her death ”Jiyong said sarcastically.

Lee Seunghyun did not answer those words but only stared at Kwon Jiyong with a look that was difficult to interpret between pity or concern before he asked his question which made Jiyong unable to answer.

“Seungnie may not has enemies, Kwon Jiyong'ssi. But how about you?"

 

==================================================================================== tbc