Prologue

Shoot Your Shot

Yoona focused on a different camera as she posed for them, paparazzi’s yelling for her attention, this red carpet was quite big, the biggest she has been a part of until now and she was the most popular invitee to this event, the spotlight… it was quite annoying every now and then but she loved being an actress so she had to endure this. 

“Yoona! Yoona! How do you feel about rookie actress Seo Joohyun taking the role you recently auditioned for?!?!” She could hear a paparazzi yell loud and clear, she almost rolled her eyes, she hated when they tried to pit her against other women. 

Had they really not realized she would never speak up against them? 

“I am glad for anyone, particularly rookie actresses to have their opportunity in dramas like that one.” Yoona answered patiently. “I’m sure she will do a great job.”

“Do you think she can fill up your shoes? Live up to the expectations people make when they expect to see you in a role?” She heard another voice. 

Now she could gag at that. 

“If you just want me to bad mouth her just say so,” She couldn’t help but roll her eyes now, she could already see the headlines tomorrow ‘Im Yoona is ruthless! Bites back at Paparazzi over the mention of Seo Joohyun’. “I’m sure she will do an amazing job. I’m looking forward to see her performance.” 

And just like that, she walked forward towards her friend, who looked at her with a smirk and egged her on to hold onto her arm. 

“They really pushed you, huh” Her manager and friend, Yuri, asked her quietly, whispering through her teeth as she smiled at the cameras that were pointed at them. 

“I don’t even know the poor girl and they’re pushing me to bad mouth her, seriously…” She replied, barely moving her lips as she smiled. 

“You really don’t know who she is?” Yuri asked, a little surprised.

“Yeah, you know I’m not good at keeping up with these things.”

“She’s the girl you’re giving the award to, today, that’s why they asked you.” Yuri continued as they finally headed inside the venue. 

“She is the winner? How can you tell if I’m gonna open the envelope on stage.” 

“She is the most popular rookie right now and to be honest she is a pretty amazing actress,” Yuri said, looking for their seats. “If she doesn’t win I’m gonna be surprised.”

“Hm, let’s hope she does,” Yoona stated simply, “That way I can congratulate her and tell her not to worry about those who’d want to compare her to me.” And just like that, they sat down, waiting for her turn at the podium.

 

 

“We all started somewhere,” Yoona began her speech, the spotlight on her as she presented an award. “We all had our first big break somewhere, an opportunity to display our skills and allowed us to show the world what we are capable of, leading us to where we are today.” She smiled kindly. “So today, I’m here to announce the award of ‘Rookie actress of the year’, this newcomer who impressed all of us with their talent as someone recently introduced to the world of drama.” She continued.  “And the winner is…” She opened the envelope and saw the name written, she smiled softly, Yuri was right. “Seo Joohyun! Congratulations!” She exclaimed excitedly, knowing her reaction would be key in what the news would say tomorrow. 

 

She saw a woman, who seemed around her age stand up from her seat, she really couldn’t make up her face really well, between the spotlights on her and the distance, she also started bowing deeply to those around her before heading to the stage. 

Yoona turned around towards the girl who was handing her the award she was gonna give out, she then turned around, ready to face the younger actress and she almost gasped at what she saw. 

A beautiful smiling girl, with soft features, round eyes, high cheekbones, her long white dress, she herself wore a black gown, walking towards her… she stared at her dumbfounded until the girl was right in front of her.

“Congratulations!” She repeated almost mechanically, handing her the award. “You deserve it!” 

“Thank you so much Yoona-unnie.” Joohyun said, bowing and then grabbed the award and a shiver went down her spine as their fingers brushed.  

Yoona just kept on staring in utter shock at the beautiful woman in front of her gave a small speech thanking everyone for the award. 

She wasn’t listening to what she was saying, but something in her voice.. it was so familiar, so calm, she could listen to her talk for hours.

The girl bowed at her one more time and then headed down the stage. 

Yoona just stared at her back in shock. She needed to be closer to Seo Joohyun. 

 

 

Yoona’s reaction to Joohyun hadn’t come unnoticed, well kind of, press said nothing about it but her fans… 

“Imagine being so pretty literal goddess on earth Im Yoona gasps at the sight of you” 

“Im Yoona really out here representing the useless lesbian community™ by just staring wordlessly at a pretty girl” 

“Okay, everyone talking about the way Yoona lost her with Seohyun… but did you guys see Seohyun’s blush the moment they met eyes?!? someone make that happen asap” 

She never had really come out as a lesbian, but her fans had seemed pretty perceptive about it, maybe it had to do that all her close friends were out and proudly in relationships and the fact that she had never openly dated a guy but her fans had always just assumed her orientation (and pretty accurately) and she had just let them, easier than having to come out. Apparently, Joohyun had also never come out publicly, however always making comments on variety shows about not liking men and preferring women during questions and challengues, even if just playfully,  and soon “YoonHyun” had become a trend among her fans and also Seohyun’s, she felt quite shy about it but in the end she knew her fans just liked teasing her like that and maybe they could help her make something happen.. maybe.

A few days after the awards show and she had finally had some free time to herself, hanging around at her apartment with her friend Yuri, she decided to look Seo Joohyun up, quickly finding her instagram account. 

“Gosh she is just too pretty” Yoona said as she scrolled through instagram. “I mean, look at her, is she even real?” She eyed the pictures and avoided liking the pictures, she didn’t want to seem desperate, even if she felt desperate somehow. 

Her friend Yuri just rolled her eyes at her. “Im Yoona, you’re literally considered the prettiest woman in Korea, I think if you just talked to her, she would most probably already be interested in you.”

Her friend had a point.. but come on, what could she do? just leave a comment?

She sighed as she refreshed the girls profile and a new picture came through, a beautiful promotional poster for her upcoming drama, the one she had auditioned for in which they gave the youngest of the two the role. 

Oh god, she looked really really really hot. 

Yoona looked over at Yuri, who was on a call with her girlfriend Jessica, she knew it took a lot of courage for Yuri to reach out to her now girlfriend, she literally slid in her DMs and hoped she replied, just to clarify, she slid into International singing superstar and fashion designer Jessica Jung’s DMs… and it worked, maybe she had a point. 

She knew if she commented on that picture it would hit the headlines, they both had auditioned for the same drama and it seemed everyone was interested in seeing if she was bitter about not being chosen, but look, she already had another drama and a movie coming up, if they didn’t choose her, it partially was because she already had a packed schedule. 

In a sudden rush of confidence, she liked the picture and typed a quick comment. 

“Too pretty” She added the emoji in good measure and hit send. She locked her phone and leaned back on the chair, entertaining herself with other things. 

Suddenly, the rush of confidence died down and she was left in a small panic, what had she done?

As she was about to unlock her phone, Yuri reached out and took her phone away. 

“I just saw the comment, it stays there.” Yuri said and Yoona whined. “Don’t be a coward, the worst thing that’ll happens is that she doesn’t see it.”

And just like that, a notification appeared on her screen. Seo Joohyun had replied.

“Thank you Yoona-unnie” it read. With a cat emoji. With heart eyes. Could it be… she was flirting back? 

“Is this real life?” Yoona said as she look dumbfounded at her phone. 

“Definitely not fantasy.” Yuri smirked at her as she replied sassily and before she could say anything back, two more notifications come through. 

“seojuhyun_s started following you”

“seojuhyun_s want to send you a message”

Yoona just squealed happily as she jumped in victory and then hugged Yuri. 

“I can’t believe you were right!” Yoona exclaimed. 

Yuri laughed as she pushed the girl away as she exclaimed. “Reply to your woman! She just texted you!” 

Yoona just stared at her phone, should she? 

“Just do it! Stop overthinking!” Yuri told her as she hit the back of her head. 
“Hey!” Yoona retaliated, before she could fight back, Yuri grabbed her hands and stopped her. 

“Stop diverting and reply or I’ll do it.”

Yoona just swallowed hard and nodded. 

Fine, she’ll do it,  she was dying to do so but still she was pretty scared. 

She unlocked her phone and opened the app, first following her back and then she should open the message, it was quite simple really. 

Or was it?


So that's it for the prologue haha how do you like it?

I'm gonna try to update weekly, so hopefully next week I'll give you guys a nice, longer update haha  

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, upvote, suscribe and comment if you did :) 

Until next update :) 

btw, if any of you would like to help me do a poster or something, I would really appreciate it, I made what I could but graphic design is not my passion hahah