Chapter 1

Almost Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Jinsoul and Kim Jungeun, a couple since highschool until they graduated college were one of the most known lovers in the city. Everyone envy the couple and tried to break their relationship but no to avail. 

People call them "match made in Heaven." for being a perfect couple and a person for each other. It looks like both of them are puzzle pieces, completing each other and became a wonderful masterpiece together. That's how everyone sees and describes their relationship.

They may be opposite of one another, as the raven is the only child of famous business tycoons, while the brunette's father is just an employee under the company of the Jungs and her mother is a loving house wife. The former have an outgoing personality while the latter is reserved. 

Too different, yet their attentions for each other immediately clicked on their first meeting. Both of them met in a company party, when Jungeun's father successfully convinced a rich business owner to collide with the Jungs and celebrate it. After that wonderful meeting, the two didn't left each other's side everytime they're in a same place.

Year 2011:

"Jinsoul-ah, just stay here and don't go somewhere else, hm?" Mr. Jung softly instructed his daughter to just stay behind them, and the teenager dressed in blue just nodded.

Being on a party with old and respectful people scared the little Jinsoul. And due to the fact that she's the only child of the host and hostess of this huge celebration party, everyone was giving her their attention. The atmosphere gave her chilly and intimidating feeling, making the young child hug herself and enjoy looking on the floor.

While roaming her eyes and counting the tiles of the place, the honey brown pupils of the young child caught something... or someone. 

There was a little girl around her age, who was in red dress, staring back at her.

Blindly gripping on her father's clothes, Mr. Jung turned his attention to Jinsoul and he gently caressed her soft black locks.

"What is it, sweetie?"

"Can I go there, daddy? I want to be friends with her." Pointing at the girl who was tilting her head due to her confusion, Mr. Jung looked at the direction her daughter was pointing at.

"Sure, honey. Go and try to approach her."

And without having second thoughts, Jinsoul ran towards the cutest girl she'd ever met in her entire life. Maybe they can be close of friends in the future or much more. No one knows. It was just a random thought that Jinsoul made while looking at the brunette.

"Hi! I'm Jung Jinsoul. What's your name?" The older introduced.

Even though she was still confused and a bit hesitant, the other answered, "I-I'm Jungeun."

"A cute name for a cute girl! Nice to meet you. From now on, we're bestfriends, Jungeun." Jinsoul announced, making the other girl flustered.

"Bestfriends?" Jungeun asked.

The raven beamed a smile while nodding, "Yeah! You and me. Bestfriends!"

".... okay. I'm '99 year by the way.."

"I'm two years older than you! Cute!"

"Yeah... I guess..."

Year 2014 :

In highschool, Jungeun became a scholar student under the Jung Enterprise and she got a chance to enter the most prestigious university in their town. After knowing the good news from her parents, the young child hurriedly contacted her best friend to spread her biggest achievement and they made a deal to meet each other on their lunch break and free time everyday. It became their routine for a whole year and half.

Jung Jinsoul, who's two years older than Kim Jungeun, made the other girl feel protected and safe on their school as she stay with her everytime they are together. Everything was smooth and merry, but not until the older one reached her final year in highschool and Jungeun was in 2nd year when Jinsoul suddenly distanced herself.

"Jiwoo, have you seen Jinsoul unnie?" Kim Jiwoo, Jungeun's classmate and also close friend since day one of their school year, shook her head sadly as an answer and it made the brunette sigh.

"But Jungie, maybe she's practicing volleyball right now. You know, the regionals is getting nearer and they need to practice more often than their usual routine. And she's also graduating! I'm pretty sure Jinsoul unnie wants to get the trophy again as an highschool athlete before she step college." Trying to convince the older, Jiwoo tried her best to cheer the frowning brunette in front of her. "... Let's go to gym and check if she's there. Maybe my Sooyoungie's practicing too."

Jungeun let the bubbly girl drag her to the university's gym, but the frown didn't left her pretty face and her mind was still confused about her situation with Jinsoul. 

It had been a week since her favorite unnie ignored her texts and calls. They only see each other barely and when they do, Jinsoul only answered her with nods and no everytime she ask her a question or tell her a story. As if they changed personalities and Jungeun became the loud one.

"L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter