Chapter 12

Ice Princess and Beast

Kikwang walked toward the park with his hands stuffed in his pockets while looking at the ground. He took a seat on the long wooden bench and stared at the playground in front of him. He smiled as he watched this little boy climbed up the stairs and slid down the small slide.

"Hey." He looked up and gave the person a small smile.

"Hi, Hyoyeon." He greeted her back.

"What are you doing?" She said as she took a seat beside him.

"Just needed to get away from everyone for a little bit. How about you?"

"Same."

Silence filled the air as they looked down at the ground and let out a sign at the same time.

"What's wrong with you?" Hyoyeon asked him in a low voice.

"Just a little heartbroken." He admitted.

"You like Jessica, don't you." He slowly nodded his head. "Why didn't you tell her before Doojoon asked her out?"

"I was too scared to ask her." He shrugged before he looked up at her. "What's wrong with you?"

"Same problem. Just... a diffrent person."

"Doojoon?" Hyoyeon responded with a smile. "I guess we're going through the same problem." He lightly chuckled.

"Yup."

"You wanna go somewhere?" He suddenly asked.

"Where?"

"How about the arcade." She nodded and got up from the bench.

The two left the park and headed toward the big mall.

 

Doojoon walked up to his girlfriend and hugged her from behind before he rested his chin on her shoulder.

"What are you doing?"

"Just looking through this magazine." Doojoon looked down at the magazine and smiled.

"We looking good in that picture."

"Nah, you look weird." Jessica commented.

Doojoon's arms slowly slid off her waist and he backed away from her.

"Babe, I was just playing." Jessica said as she walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Well, it wasn't funny." He said without looking at her.

"I'm sorry." She pouted at him.

The front door swung opened and laughters fillled the room. The couple looked toward the door to see Hyoyeon and Kikwang walking in with stuffed animals and other things in their hands.

"Hey guys." Jessica greeted them.

The two looked away from each other and turned their attention toward the couple.

"Hi." Kikwang greeted them plainly. "I'm gonna go to my room. I'll be right back."

"I didn't know you and Kikwang are closed." Jessica said once Kikwang left.

"We just got closer this morning." Hyoyeon answered as she took a few glance toward Doojoon.

"Hey, I'm back. How about a movie?" Kikwang asked Hyoyeon, who gladly nodded at his suggestion.

The two made their way toward the couch and sat down on it. Kikwang picked a movie before he put the remote back on the table and leaned back on the couch.

"Oppa, let's join them." Jessica smiled as she took hold of her boyfriend's hand and dragged him over to the couch. "Can we join you guys?"

"I guess." Hyoyeon shrugged.

"Wait, we're missing something." Kikwang said.

"Ah! Popcorn." Jessica got up and ran into the kitchen.

"I think I should help you." Kikwang said in a unsure tone.

He got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen to see Jessica trying to get a bag of popcorn from the cabinet. Kikwang reached up and took it down for her. She placed it in the microwave and punched in the number.

"Noona."

"Yeah?" She asked and turned around to look at him.

"Um... do you know who Hyoyeon likes?"

"Omo, Kikwang. Do you like Hyoyeon?" He shook his head. "Oh... then why are you asking this question?"

"I just wanted to know."

"I think she likes Junho oppa." Jessica answered.

"Oh." Was all Kikwang said. "I guess she doesn't know." Kikwang thought to himself.

"Kikwang-ah, why have you been so sad lately?" He shrugged.

"I don't know what you're talking about, noona."

"I think you need to go on a few dates."

"Nah, I'm good and besides, I'm too busy." She pouted. "The popcorn is ready. Let's go." He took the bag out of the microwave and walked back into the living room.

Jessica walked toward Doojoon and snuggled into his side. "Are you still mad?" She asked in a low voice as she poked his stomach.

"No. How can I stay mad at my beautiful princess." Doojoon smiled before he bent down and gave her a kiss.

Hyoyeon and Kikwang made a face and quickly looked away.

"I guess we'll have to move on." Hyoyeon whispered to Kikwang.

"I don't know. It's kind of hard to move on when you're litterally in love with the girl." Kikwang whispered back.

"You're right."

"And Sica noona doesn't know who you really like. You should tell her."

"If I tell her, she'll break up with Doojoon just so I can have him. I may be in love with Doojoon but Jessica's happiness comes first in my book."

"Then she have the right to know who you're in love with."

"Yah, Kikwang-ah. Be quiet." Doojoon scolded.

"Sorry, Hyung." Kikwang smiled at him before he looked back at Hyoyeon.

"Just tell her." Hyoyeon just shrugged her shoulder.

"Aw... look at them. They look so cute." Jessica told Doojoon.

He just took a short glance at the two before he turned his attention back to the TV and pulled Jessica closer to him.

 

The 4 spent the rest of the day watching movie and joking around. Hyoyeon and Jessica soon said goodbye to them and headed back to their dorm. The ride home was awkward between them. Jessica didn't know why but she just kept quiet. They got back to the dorm and Hyoyeon went straight into her room without saying anything to the other members. Jessica titled her head to the side before she walked toward Hyoyeon's room and knocked on the door.

"Yes?"

"Hyoyeon-ah, can I please come in?" Jessica asked.

"Yeah."

Jessica cracked open the door and stepped inside, closing the door afterward. She walked over to the bed and took a seat on it.

"What's wrong?" Hyoyeon shrugged. "It is love frustration again?"

"I don't know."

"How about I tell Junho oppa to take you out on a date."

"Sica-ah, I-"

"You don't have to say anything." Jessica smiled. "I'll call oppa right now."

Jessica got up and left the room without letting Hyoyeon say anything.

"That's not what I want." Hyoyeon sighed. "For once, I just wish you would listen to me."