Chapter Sixteen

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter
1 Day Before The Live Broadcast

 Namjoon pounds the steering wheel screaming out in anguish, the horn of reflecting his feelings as it blares out. He didn’t care for the looks he got from the people coming out of the gas station. He could clearly see the attendant asking for him to leave even through the tears that clouded his eyes. He just couldn’t move afraid of what may happen if he continued on like this. Broken.

 Namjoon was past his brink, he’s been pushed to the edge of a cliff where jumping off sounds better than standing on all ten toes. His soul hurt, it cried out for everyone he lost since he started out as a composer. His emotions are no longer attached to CNC but the whole industry. His being is a shard of himself no longer who he used to be. 

Minwoo’s life was held in someone else’s hands similar to Yuna. He was an average trainee wanting to debut like the rest. Even going as far as to follow Namjoon around answering them to be dragged down and later killed. Summi, who was a part of the plot against Kwon has now been reported missing and the only reason Shawn was safe is because he admitted to his crime and used jail as an escape.

They sold them dreams of success ripping away their youth and shattered their dreams right before their eyes. Their souls being away along with their passion and will to survive. Piece by piece they begin to lose themselves as rejection seeps through their pores. They eventually become cold  and lifeless; unable to continue leading a life where their dream was snatched away from them. What’s the point of keeping a body alive when the person inside is already dead? 

Namjoon drives back to the hotel grabbing his stuff and checking out of the place. It was bugged and no use to him. He drops his stuff off at the studio only grabbing his laptop back and changing his clothes. He dresses himself in a pair of baggy pants, a grey hoodie, black coat to beat the cold, and a ball cap pushed down to the top of his brow bone hiding his eyes. He grabbed a mask putting as far up on his face as he could before swiftly blending in with the crowd.

 

[START HERE]

 

Officer Im looks over a name in Namjoon’s breaking and entering case. A car was parked outside the night before belong to the same person who committed suicide. As she dug some more she realized this nineteen year old kid was also working at CNC Entertainment. T here are no coincidences like this in the world. She mumbles thinking back to a meeting she had set up with Min Woo. He had called her one day prior stating he wanted to come in and confess to a crime and the only other person who knew about this was Officer Chu.

 

“What do we have on the Min Woo case?” Officer Im sighs controlling her emotions. Something had been eating her up since those lawyers came in earlier. She felt that all the cases she had been recently given were connected and she wanted to see if her partner had caught on too.

“What do we have on the Min Woo case?” She repeats herself taking Chu out of his thoughts. The man had been zoned out these past couple of days only staring at his phone as though he was looking out for a call. She’s not even surprised that he’s shocked until a stammer. He would only do this when something was up.

“N-Nothing at this time. He overdosed in his home from what I’ve been told. T-the uh forensic team is sweeping his apartment for clues.” Officer Im looks down at his case file and sees a home in Busan listed and the owner is an older woman with the same last name as his. There is no indication at all that he moved and there’s no change of address request. 

“How long has he lived in that apartment?” Officer Im, knew her probing was starting to sound like questions you would ask in an interrogation but she didn’t care. For a random suicide to happen right before a suspect of a crime turns themself in never sounds right. 

“It’s been about two months, maybe three?” Chu explains. “Well that’s a bit weird because it says here that he lived with his grandmother and had gone back to Busan about the same time.” At this point she had grown horns intimidating the Senior Officer to talk. She takes a seat at her desk crossing her left leg over her right as other officers watch the two in interest.

“I-it’s said he came into some money and moved out. He’s been auditioning from company to company not getting the results he hoped for. We believe his group being back in the news pushed him.”

“We?” Officer Im face shifts no longer suspicious of her partner but sure something was up.

“Me and the other guys, yea.” He stumbles again and she nods ending her interrogation. 

“You know you’ve been looking a little tired recently. I’ve already brought it up to the Chief's attention. I think you going on a mini break to recollect yourself would

Please log in to read the full chapter