Ch 05

Why Am I Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ch 05 | Jealous

 

 

***

 

 

A huge yawn formed in Sooyoung's mouth again as soon as she left the gym. She walks back to the station, bowing to every senior police and detectives she encounters until she reached her desk. She let out another yawn as she opens her desktop and opens a browser, just to immediately saw what's the headline on the portal site.

 

Seoul Mayor has once again amazed the city for its generosity towards jobless citizens. Giving 200 jobs in one day.

 

"Yeah? But my friend stays part-timer." chuckled Sooyoung as she finds it funny. "And you ing stop the investigation of Siwan-ssi. Tsk." She immediately regretted what she said when she saw their team leader. Standing on her feet, salute, and the latter stopped in front of her.

 

"Your desk, I can still see pending cases, detective Choi. Why don't you focus on that?"

 

"I'm on it, Sir." said Sooyoung couldn't look in the eyes.

 

"You better solve them before the end of the month."

 

As soon as his superior walk past, she let out a huge exhale and returned to her seat. She hastily got the folder that was recently put on her desk and check the inside. It's an updated report of the scammer 'Seo Joohyun' she received. "So she's from Jeju but apparently living in a small apartment." She checked the photos captured by CCTV cameras only to scoff in disbelief. "She's a con-artist indeed." All photos are showing different wigs and colors of it and outfits like she's kind of a model. But the last photos made her agape, they're all from magazine covers.

 

"She's indeed a model? Why is she a thief? What did she... steal if she... is a model? They pay better than in governments. How weird is this case?" She finds it totally strange. She looked around the station and all of her colleagues are just lazying around. 'This feels like, she stole something important from someone in the government that they want me to catch her.. okay, this is interesting.'

 

 

:::

 

 

"You sure you just want to walk?" Came a concerned question from Yoona when Scarlet told her she'll get off near the bus stop. "I mean, it's almost 10 pm, how about I drop you off in front of your apartment?" she suggested, taking a glance at the young beautiful model.

 

Seohyun smiled and shakes her head. "I appreciate it, Yoona. Really, I do. But it's better you dropped me there. I love to walk you know." she sweetly smiled, taking her hand and give it a gentle squeeze. 

 

"Okay." Yoona holds her back with a brief smile. She however felt a little upset. She wanted to drop her in front of her door to at least return what she did in the restaurant. But she understands if she's not ready yet.

 

Seohyun leaned into her and kissed her cheek. "Thanks for tonight, Yoona." and she giggles.

 

Yoona nodded and returned the smile, cheeks slowly turns reddish. Especially that she holds her hand on her lap. It makes her feel like they're already dating when they're still just getting to know each other. 

 

"Do you have any plans tomorrow?" Seohyun asks out of a sudden.

 

"Nope. Wae?" An instant reply from the doe-eyed. 

 

"Let's hang out again. I'll call, don't need to call me." 

 

"Sure." Yoona got instantly felt excited. And her upset earlier was long gone. 

 

"You are really so cute." Seohyun can't miss it and praise her. She pinches her cheeks and stares at her, admirably. "Where did you get this side of yours, Im Yoona?"

 

The young journalist couldn't help and feel shy. "Must be from the family's gene." she randomly replied. "I mean, mom is I think cute."

 

"I would like to meet your mom then." 

 

"What?" Yoona was shocked and raises her voice. "No, I mean, they're not in Seoul. Don't think that's... possible." she lowered her last word as she apologetically glances at her.

 

Seohyun giggles as she finds the reaction adorable. "I meet a lot of friends in that dating app but none has posses this cuteness side of yours. I really think our meeting is fated." 

 

'Her flirtatious is really making me weak.' Yoona thought as she could only stare briefly at her. She is out of words when she usually has a lot to say especially when they chat on the app. It's crazy.

 

"You want to listen to some songs?" ask Seohyun even though it isn't her car.

 

"R&B?" Yoona grinned and she turned it on. But it was Seohyun who choose the songs on the radio. She was right when she stopped at the song called 'y Love by Neyo'.

 

Seohyun rolled down the window and let go of the doe-eyed's hand as she leaned over to enjoy the wind, brushing through her face. Her smile is so wide while her eyes are closed.

 

Yoona couldn't focus well on the road as Scarlet's features really look so alluring and it makes her fall for her a little deeper. She's so soft for her, she can't even understand her kind of effect. 

 

Soon she focused back on the road and it took another thirty minutes before she finally pulled the car over.

 

Upon unbuckling her own seat belt, Yoona froze on the spot when Scarlet suddenly greeted her with a kiss on the lips. Then didn't waste a second as she holds her face and nibbles her lips, asking her to open up and kiss her back. It took a least a couple of seconds before Yoona parted her lips, as she closes her eyes and returns the kiss, allowing her to have access to . For the first time, she's allowing herself to open up.

 

Sweet like strawberry candy, that's how Seohyun describes as she keeps moving her lips against the doe-eyed's mouth. It feels so good and addicted to her. 

 

Moans, sighs, and more moans fill up the entire car for the next two minutes...

 

"I like you, Yoona." Seohyun said in a whisper after the kiss and while they're staring at each other, intently.

 

Yoona's heart feels like going outburst out when she hears that. "I like you too, Scarlet-ssi." and she answered without a doubt. She initiated the kiss this time and it lasted only a couple of seconds.

 

"See you again." Seohyun whispers and finally unlocked the door. But before she can open it, Yoona does it for her. She took her hand as she stepped outside. "Thanks for tonight, Yoona." 

 

"Can I walk you then, Scarlet-ssi?" Yoona is hopeful now that they confessed their feelings. 

 

Seohyun shakes her head and reached for her cheek to pat it. "Soon." she declined, earning a cute pout. She giggles and peck on her cheek again. "Good night." 

 

"Good night, Scarlet. I'll chat with you tonight." Yoona replied softly and smile sweetly. 

 

With just a smile as well, Seohyun turned and leaves, leaving the doe-eyed watching her. She is smiling like a fool while she couldn't forget the kiss they shared, bringing a blush on her cheek.

 

Yoona sighs watching the young model with a happy heart, despite how she declined to walk her to her apartment. She however stayed, standing, doesn't mind at all, she wanted to make sure she's safe until she's no longer in sight. She returned to her car to realized she left her handkerchief. She hastily got it and stepped out of her car, immediately runs to the street she saw Seohyun have turned. But she couldn't find her. The small road is quiet and empty.

 

Staring down at her yellow handkerchief, she has more reason to see her tomorrow. The S.J.H. initials that were embroid however cause her eyebrows to raise.

 

"Shouldn't this be, S.S.? Or probably this isn't really like her initials. Yeah, maybe." Yoona feels weird about it, knowing her surname is Seo and her name is Scarlet. But decided to just push it. She then heard her phone ring which immediately shifted her attention to the phone in her pocket. "Omma." She hastily answered her mother.

 

[How are you, Yoona? Been a while.]

 

"Yeah, indeed. Wait, I'll call back later." She hangs up and hastily runs back to her car before it will be taken by the traffic police.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun who just entered her apartment jumped in surprise when her friend jumped in front of her. "Yah!" she literally smacks his arm and the latter only chuckles. "What the heck are you doing here?" she asks as she went to her small living room, taking off her jacket and just lazily throw it on the sofa.

 

"I saw you earlier, you are falling for that girl, eh?" 

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes back and hit her friend's arm again when he sits down next to her. "I am not. She's not my type. It's just to accompany her. Wait, aren't you in your luxurious apartment right now? Why are you here?!"

 

"Ahh yeah, she just lost someone and you want her to forget about it. Be careful, you might hurt her bad." Seonho advised, getting up and headed to the kitchen right away. "Seriously? You haven't gone to the supermarket? There wasn't even a bottle of water!" he shouted and returned to the living room.

 

"I don't... think so." Seohyun sighs upon recalling the kiss again and the fact that they're dating now. "Aish, I don't like her. I am not falling for her. I'm just keeping her company and that's it only. Once this over, I'll disappear right away. She's not even my type, to begin with." muttered her.

 

Seonho shakes his head and hit his friend's head. "I'll just eat in your sister's store." he didn't wait for her response as he leaves the apartment right away.

 

Falling on her back on the cushion, Seohyun smiled unconsciously on her own looking at her ceiling in a daze.

 

"Yah, you're not coming or what?" Seonho returned yelling at the younger.

 

Rolling her eyes, Seohyun rose from the sofa and took her jacket back as she glares at him while wearing it. "After you, babo." she bitterly told him and followed right after with heavy and whining footsteps.

 

 

:::

 

 

After having a good shower, Yoona jumps to her bed and took her phone to the nightstand, hastily opening the dating app, and was about to chat with her when she thought of the handkerchief. She took it from her drawer and took a picture of it, sending it right away to Scarlet.

 

Still up?

This is yours, right?

 

-

 

Seohyun having some beer almost choke on her drink when she saw a notification from the dating app. She took her phone from the table and check the message with eyes widening.

 

"Wae?" Seonho raises his eyebrows while eating some potato chips.

 

"I left my handkerchief in her car." Seohyun explained and she hastily replied.

 

-

 

Seocarlet: Yes. Thanks for keeping it, Yoona 🥰 I'll get it tomorrow.

 

Yoona smiled at the response. She then typed her response but got contemplated and pauses for a couple of seconds but she really needs to ask her so she typed what's in her mind and sent in an instant.

 

-

 

Yoona: We really have a reason to see each other tomorrow. 😁

Um, I don't call me by my name anymore. ☺

 

Seohyun giddily smiles reading the response as well. She put the can of beer on the table and decided to chat with her more.

 

-

 

Seocarlet: Okay, Yoongie. Or should I call you Babe? 😝🥰😘

 

Yoong flipped her body to lay on her back as she suppresses a big smile on her face.

 

-

 

Yoona: Babe then. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. 😘😘❤️

How about a movie date?

 

Seohyun couldn't stop smiling anymore.

 

-

 

Seocarlet: I'll call you. You don't have to book any tickets. Trust me, we'll have a good date tomorrow 😎

 

"Adorable." Yoona mumbles and she cuddles with her pillow to continue chatting with her.

 

-

 

Yoona: You'll surprise me? I love that! I love surprises 🤩

But I'll make sure to make our date even better. I'm freaking excited!!!! How I wish it's Sunday now so I am with you already 😁 Ugh, miss u 🙈🙈🙊

 

Seohyun was about to reply when her phone was snatched from Seonho. She hurriedly tried to take it back but he avoided her reach. "Yah!" She hits his shoulder and the latter laugh out so loud before he gives it to her. "Aish." She glares at him and continues chatting with the doe-eyed.

 

Seonho could only shake his head in disbelief. He knew she's just playing with her but seeing that sparkle in her eyes, it's a different story. 'I wouldn't be surprised if she'll be the one getting badly hurt.' 

 

 

:::

 

 

The next morning, Sooyoung drives herself to the address of Seo Joohyun that was stated on the report. She feels like she will not see her there thinking she's probably hiding but who knows she will get to see her. 

 

After looking around the neighborhood in search of door 121, she finally found it. It's a small shabby apartment, contradicting her imagination for what her apartment house looks like. But she's maybe not that person that lives in a big place. 

 

Pressing the doorbell button on her gate, she wait

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter