Wines, Stories, Flowers, Perfumes and Cactus?

Cactus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"To think: you have to taste, to listen, to see, to smell, to feel"


__________
 

“If you’re in love with this person, why give flowers?”, the dorky girl jumps out of the sofa in disbelief and strolled around the room trying to make a point. 

 

“She’s going to leave it aside, it wilts, dies, and in the bin it goes. She’s not going to remember it.”

 

“Are you for real Kim Taeyeon, stop scaring these kids.”

 

“It’s true! Seohyun, Yoona, you trust your Unnie right?”, the girl questions, eyes widen.

 

It’s one of those nights, where all the girls would gather at a a certain Jessica Jung’s place. Over the years, it has become a monthly routine, and every time it’s like a covert operation. 

 

The would take turns making their way up to this huge penthouse to have their little girls’ night. 

 

From food to drinks, the never ending night is never quiet. With 9 girls in the room, they never really did run out of stories or updates on their lives. The conversations are on-going. 

 

And when it gets deeper into the night, conversations would go two ways, it either get wilder or emotional. 

 

Which brings us to the current topic. 

 

“You’re Girls’ Generation. Flowers won’t do. No.”, Taeyeon warns with her hand swaying crazily from left to right. 

 

“You have to be clear on what you want to achieve.”, the leader continues. 

 

“Are you trying get her hooked? If so, get her something like a perfume, something that smells different from what she uses. Or just get her something that you use!” Taeyeon chirped excitedly. 

 

“That way, whenever she uses it, all that she’ll think of, is you”, Taeyeon ends by pointing her finger straight at the two youngest girl who’s having a relationship crisis. 

 

Jessica who has been observing quietly at the side all this time gave out a soft chuckle. The girl couldn’t believe that of all people, Kim Taeyeon would ended up being the one giving out free advice on how to get into a relationship. 

 

It’s ironic, considering how Taeyeon couldn’t even manage her own relationships well.

 

“Remember! Perfumes!”, Taeyeon screams as the rest of the members realised that it getting way out of hand and decides to confiscate the glass of wine that was still in Taeyeon’s hand moments ago, and sent her to bed. 

 

“Sorry Jess, our kid leaders gonna be staying over again!”, Tiffany apologises after exiting the room. 

 

“Alcohol and Kim Taeyeon, that’s a no go. Why don’t we ever learn?”, Sunny exclaims as she returns to the living room. 

 

“It’s alright, I’ll manage her.”, Jessica smiles. 

 

It wasn’t the first time anyway, the other members have had stayovers too when the drinking gets way out of hand every now and then. Jessica doesn’t mind, she enjoys the company and a little hassle is nothing. It’s just that Kim Taeyeon stays over a little more compared to everyone else. And on nights like this one, it’s just Taeyeon who will be staying over. 

 

The remaining girls finished the last few bottles of wine and decided to call it a night, after all, with gatherings like this being a monthly routine, there’s always another time. 

 

When the girls were all still together, they used to have dinner all together on every member’s birthday. This ensure that all of them met up at least nine times. 

 

But being away, separated, with each going on to chase after their own dreams. Each felt the need to meet up more and so  the promise now was to meet up once a month. Thus, a minimum of 9 meetings a year grew to 12. And for what it’s worth, there are no losses and only more to gain. 

 

While there was a sense of dread, knowing how they are always in contact with one another and that the next meet up is merely a month away, Jessica smiles brightly after sending off everyone.

 

Cleaning up everything, it was late when Jessica settles down in bed beside Kim Taeyeon.

 

The younger girl reaches out to caress the older girl only to have a shock upon realising that the girl was still awake. 

 

“Hmm... keep going”

 

“Ya!”, Jessica laughs after getting caught red handed and proceeds to give Taeyeon a slap on the shoulder. 

 

“Ouchhh!”, Taeyeon complained before sitting up. 

 

“They left?”

 

“Yes”

 

“Okay.” Taeyeon acknowledges before leaving the room. 

 

“I thought you we’re leaving.”, Jessica spoke when Taeyeon returned shortly with a glass of water. 

 

“Were you waiting to hear me say “I should get going too?”, not a chance Sica-ah.. I was just thirsty.” Taeyeon jokes as she settles back in bed, sipping the water slowly.

 

“Of course, you’ve always been thick skinned.”, Jessica comments before raising her hand and using her thumb and index finger to illustrate her point, “Just a little!”

 

Taeyeon laughed but not before swallowing every drop of water beforehand. There’s a 100% chances of getting kicked out at this hour if she were to spill water all over Jessica’s bed.

 

The room soon fell back into silence as both girl settles

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter