I Just Want to Be Someone Else

I Want to Be... [oneshot]

‘Gosh! She’s so fat. Does she even fit to become an idol?’

 

‘Zinger? Zinger who? Oh, the fattest member in Secret.’

 

‘I love Sunhwa and Hyosung more. Teehee.’

 

 

After reading three of the comments, she shut her laptop. No one knew how hurt she was, reading those words of insults. Then, she got up and looked at herself in the giant mirror.

 

‘Am I that ugly? Am I that fat?’ She let out a deep sigh. She was alone at the practice room, trying her hardest to prove them wrong. Trying her best to become more recognized. Shut the mouths of haters around her.

 

And so, she practiced her rapping skills, danced her heart out. The other members had schedules except for her. Cold beads of sweats formed on her forehead because she was practicing non-stop, ignoring the time that went passed by.

 

She took a glance at her watch, her eyes widen when she looked at it.

 

***

 

‘Zinger-ah. You look pale. Did you have your dinner?’ Hyosung asked concernedly.

 

‘No. I’m on a diet.’

 

‘Diet? You should eat or you won’t have the energy to perform.’ She tried to advise her fellow band mate but Zinger just ignored the leader and left to her room.

 

 

Zinger plopped her body on the bed, feeling so tired. Her stomach was grumbling but she tried to endure it. She closed her eyes, thinking about things other than food.

At first, her mind went to the time when they first debuted. Still fresh and new. She smiled thinking about that. But suddenly, she had a thought about a person. A guy who used to make her heart beat so fast just by looking at his smile.

 

Tears went rolling down her cheeks, thinking about the way he made her happy and then, crushed to bits. What people said were true, love didn’t last forever. People’s hearts change with time and that fact actually hurt her the most.

Zinger closed her eyes, feeling so tired. With people hating her, talking bad things about her and the worst was; he, who she put her trust in the most, betrayed her.

The only thing that’s keeping her standing was her loyal fans.

 

She felt like she didn’t have any energy left at that time. She so tired. Tired of being her.

Until everything became dark and she didn’t feel anything anymore.

 

***

 

She slowly opened her eyes just to see white ceiling above her. She turned to her right.

 

‘Omo. Hana-yah! Glad that you’re okay!’ Jieun went and hugged her tight.

 

‘Wha.. What happened?’

 

‘You didn’t wake up when I tried to. You just didn’t move. I thought you’re going to die.’ Sunhwa  said, she was crying.

 

‘You just didn’t have enough meal and rest.’ Hyosung continued.

 

 

Suddenly, knocks could be heard on the hospital door. Then, the door slowly opened and a head just popped out from behind it.

Zinger’s heart started to beat to its maximum speed when she saw the figure. She rubbed her eyes a few times. Was she dreaming?

 

***

 

‘I heard you fainted.’ He started to speak, breaking the awkward silence.

 

‘Why’re you here? I thought you don’t want to see me anymore.’ She said coldly.

 

‘Actually, I felt so worried when they said you’re admitted to the hospital.’ Then, he stopped talking. Silence took over the place.

 

 

‘So, what do you want?’ She asked, sick of the gloomy atmosphere.

 

‘I already told you, you looked pretty. No need to change.’ He said without looking at her eyes.

 

‘Really? If you really thought so, why’d you leave me?’ Zinger questioned him something that she really wanted to ask since long ago.

 

But he couldn’t answer.

 

‘Mianhae. I have to go. I have schedules later on.’ He turned away from her.

 

‘I don’t suit you, right? Unlike her.’ She uttered cynically but he didn’t speak, lost for words.

 

Tears went rolling down her cheeks as she saw him, walking away from her without even turning back.

 


[A/N]: I know not everyone hates Zinger. She's just unnoticed, the least paid attention one in SECRET, I think xD And did you saw her picture after she went on a diet? She looked so different. But I like the old her. Cute and chubby :3 But she's still pretty ^^ I tried to make this angsty, sorry if it's a fail T.T Thanks for reading *hearts* Keep supporting Zinger <3 and Secret of course :)