CHAPTER 1:THE GIRL IN RED

RPG: TWICE Edition

She opened her eyes.

 

As the first ray of light begins to reflect upon her azure eyes, a sharp pain pierces her.

 

"W-where am I" Mina thinks as she tries to get up. Her head aches, but she does not seem to remember how or why.

 

Upon gazing around for a second, she realizes this is no ordinary place she has awakened in. There was a single light source coming from somewhere far away that she cannot make out due to its brightness. Surrounding her were endless rows of trees that seems to engulf all in complete darkness.

 

"I suppose getting out of here is priority. Don't want to be like those characters in horror movies who dies just because they're curious."

 

But with no way to tell direction, Mina can only follow the light.

 

"Oh right, I should check if I have anything on me that could be useful." She thinks to herself while shoving her hands into her pockets as if she forgot her keys.

 

Nothing. She had nothing. Maybe it was how surreal everything is that makes her only start to realize how dire the situation is.

 

She knows nothing about her whereabouts, no way of contacting anyone, and is isolated in the middle of nowhere surrounded by darkness.

 

As fear started to kick in, her mind wanders upon thoughts that starts to scare her. She realizes she has yet to remember the most important question she needs to answer right now.

 

"How the hell did I end up here?"

 

___________________________________

 

"It's no use. My memory is not helping me when I need it as always."

 

She continues to walk towards the light rays that pierces through the leaves of the trees. All of a sudden, she stopped.

 

"H-help me", a faint voice comes from somewhere that she can't really identify.

 

"O-over here...please...help…" The voice was behind her, as she turned back, her azure eyes widened in shock as they reflected crimson.

 

There was blood. So much of it. Splattered everywhere. How did she not see any of this before?

 

What was even more shocking was the girl laying in the center of what seems to be a pool of blood.

 

"ARE YOU OKAY? WHAT HAPPENED?"

 

"O-oh...someone is really here..." the mysterious girl muttered.

 

"I-I'm sorry, I don't really know what to do or how to help or ..." ____ started panicking. She has never been in this situation before. Maybe in acting, but not in real life.

 

"C-come closer..." ____ snapped out of her panic and back into the current reality. She stepped closer slowly.

 

The girl was a beauty, now that she got a closer look, with her pale skin and perfect figure. Anyone would've thought she was a model or an actress if they saw her in this bizarre situation.

 

"I-I woke up here and I was already like this...I can't really move or speak up...I don't know how much longer I'm going to last...but..."

 

"But? But what? Is there anything I can do?" Normally she was an antisocial introvert and things like this would scare her to death, let alone offer help. However, in this current situation, any company is precious, she would much rather not be in this suffocating darkness alone.

 

"...I know you might not believe me...but...I happen to be a healing priest...I can cure myself usually, I just can't move right now...so if you could...pick me up...I might be..."

 

"Healing? Priest? Is this even real? She must be hallucinating" Mina thought.

 

Before the girl could finish, she suddenly closed her eyes and stopped.

 

"N-NO. DON'T DO THIS" She hurriedly picked the girl up and placed her against a tree. The panic kicked back in when Mina thought she would end up alone again. Mina could still feel her slight heartbeat through her chest. Before she could even begin to process what was going on, she was already regretting her previous action.

 

Mina was now also bleeding. With the mysterious girl's teeth on her neck.

 

___________________________________

 

Mina opened her eyes.

 

As the first ray of light begins to reflect upon her azure eyes, a sharp pain pierces through her.

 

Ehhh? I'm already feeling deja vu from just waking up. Mina thought to herself

 

But something is different this time. There was a face, a familiar enough face looking at her.

"A-are you okay?" It was the mysterious girl from before.

 

"Ah..." Mina suddenly remembered something. "YOU-WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?" Mina touched her neck as she yelled. The bite mark is still there.

 

"...I'm sorry. I just thoug-"

 

"You're a vampire aren't you? I've seen this before in movies. Does that mean I'm a vampire now? Am I going to die? What is going on here? Where am I? What happened to all that blood from earlier?" Mina kept going in her confusion.

 

"U-uhh I'm sorry that's a lot of questions. I'll try to answer what I can... Oh wait, I have to heal you first"

The mysterious girl stood up and yellow lights surrounded her and Mina, who suddenly felt the sharp pains from before leaving her body.

 

"Thank you for that, at least, I guess...uh...what's your name?" Mina asked, realizing they never introduced each other.

 

"I'm Chaeyoung, thank you for helping me earlier. Sorry for not telling you before doing what I did"

 

"Oh yeah, Chaeyoung, please get to that. What exactly did you do to me? Did you lie about being a priest? Are you a vampire?" Mina continued her interrogation.

 

"What the heck is a vampire? And no. Not exactly. I am a healing priest, just... a different kind. I'm a hemopriest." Chaeyoung answered shyly.

 

"Homopriest? What is that? That doesn't sound very appropriate" Mina half-jokingly said, even though she really didn’t understand that answer.

 

"No no no! Hemo as in blood, I'm a healer that uses blood magic." Chaeyoung face turned slightly red, appearing unclear whether it is from embarrassment or anger.

 

"Oh...that makes a lot of this more understandable...NOT?" Mina replied skeptically.

"EHHH? I thought that would explain everything!" Chaeyoung said in surprise.

 

"What in the world do you mean you're a healer? Aren't those only in games? And what do you mean blood magic? Do you make them disappear and reappear or something!??!"

 

"...Just as I thought. You're not from here, are you?"

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"There is no point in me trying to explain. Let's get out of here first. You will see the rest for yourself."

 

Chaeyoung suddenly grabbed Mina's hand and started running towards the light once again. Just for a second, in that small moment, Mina felt her heart beating faster as the wind brushes past her.