Chapter 1: The Favored One

Darker Than Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo watched as the Day Class students flocked by the Night Class dormitory again just as the Night Class students were about to head to the classrooms for their turn to use them tonight. Kyungsoo should be used to this kind of scenario already, considering he has witnessed this daily occurrence for five years already of his stay at SM Academy. In fact, for two years now, he has also been made a prefect and is now in charge of reigning the Day Class students back to their own dormitory before the dusky canvas of the heavens completely turn into the dark skies of the night.

 

He sighed. Although he totally understands why the Day Class students find the Night Class students appealing, he knows it would be dangerous to let them mingle with each other once the sun sets. There’s a reason for the separation of classes, afterall. Not only is it due to the difference in financial standing, the actual reason is rooted upon an ancient secret. A secret that was revealed to Kyungsoo when he was ten and a secret that he’s helping remain hidden for those who are still not aware.

 

“Chanyeol sunbae!” A series of squealing and giggling voices put Kyungsoo back into focus. Other Day Class students were also calling out to the rest of the Night Class students who just got out of the Moonlight Gate.

 

While some of the Night Class students basked in the attention, Chanyeol, as per usual, merely just acknowledged the crowd with a stiff nod of the head. But unlike before where he would go straight to the classrooms, he stopped right in front of Kyungsoo.

 

“Kyungsoo-ya,” Chanyeol called which made Kyungsoo freeze on his spot. Any other time, he wouldn’t mind being called this way. But they’re in front of people who aren't supposed to hear that kind of informality. As expected, the crowd quieted instantly. Kyungsoo could sense that everyone is waiting to see how his interaction with Chanyeol would unfold.

 

“Chanyeol sunbae…” Kyungsoo said, looking towards Chanyeol’s face but not exactly meeting his gaze. He is not sure what the older wants from him that couldn’t wait until it’s just the two of them or at least until all the Day Class students are in their respective dorms already.

 

Chanyeol surprised him again when he bent down a bit so his lips are directly beside his right ear, which he knows is Chanyeol’s form of intimacy and secrecy. “Happy birthday, Soo.”

 

That got him flushing right away. This is the first time Chanyeol greeted him in front of others for his birthday. He’s not sure what’s going on inside the other’s mind, but he was not given time to figure it out before Chanyeol was straightening his back and ruffling Kyungsoo’s hair. “Come see me at the Moonlight Hall for dinner.”

 

Chanyeol resumed his walk, while the rest of the Night Class students followed suit. Kyungsoo did not miss the stink eye from Baekhyun, one of the closest persons to Chanyeol. On the other hand, Sehun, another Night Class student, gave him a tentative smile.

 

Kyungsoo did not give any sort of reply, still anxious about how the Day Class students’ reception to the interaction they witnessed would be. But, more than the reactions of just any other Day Class students, he’s more worried about how his co-prefect would take it.

 

Looking around, he tried to find where the prefect in question would be. He spotted the other prefect giving the Day Class students his infamous death glare.

 

“Get inside your dorms!” his co-prefect bellowed. “Or you can all see yourselves with detention slips.” Everyone knows how troublesome detention is at SM. So it has always been an effective threat for the students, especially if it’s his co-prefect who would be saying it. He’s known for giving the most difficult detention tasks ever since he became prefect. He doesn’t always use this kind of tactic though, but Kyungsoo supposed he got pissed with the stunt Chanyeol pulled a while ago. 

 

Immediately, the crowd dispersed, but the chatter didn’t exactly disappear until the grounds was left with no other person but Kyungsoo and his co-prefect.

 

“The nerve of that Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo heard the o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter