Chapter 1

Colorless

"The world is so boring. Everyone is the same," the boy told himself as he laid his head down.

He buried his face into his arms. He felt as if the world were grey, so dull and uninteresting.

His actions deceived everyone. He always gave off a welcoming aura. He would speak with a bright smile. But in all honesty, he was sick of everyone. He was tired of these people whom he associated with. He wanted to shut himself off from society. But he had already realized: in this cruel world, it is impossible.

Sfx: Ring! Ring!

Sungjong lifts his head up, deciding to eat or not. He never had an appetite, making him very thin. Sighing, the boy gets up out of his desk, now wandering about in the hallway.

A soft, yet pleasing melody fills his ears. As he steps closer to the music, a sudden feeling of nostalgia washes over him. He slowly recognizes the tune. 

Sungjong had one specific dream he always remembered. Often, he was lying in a field of different flowers. In this place, the sky was a beautiful colored azure blue. The small pond sparkled in the bright sun, the petals would blow in the cool breeze. One could describe this as their 'make-shift paradise'. In the beauty of it all, he would lie there, basking in the warmth of the sunlight. It was silent, other than the beautiful sound of the piano. As he listened, everything became irrelevant. The feeling of this was peaceful, complete bliss.

But now, he wasn't dreaming. He walks further, finding a boy. The player was captivating. His face was perfect. His skills were outstanding. He was simply perfect. Sungjong stood there in awe, watching the boy. His fingers gracefully moved while playing, his face not showing any emotion. He was beautiful, absolutely stunning.  After what seemed to be like an hour, he stopped playing. He looks up, noticing the awestruck boy. Sungjong quickly hides himself, reassuring that he was not caught. He blushed profusely, realizing that he practically stared at the other boy.

Now flustered, he walks back to class, still thinking about the boy. The school day drags on normally, like any other day. Sungjong continued wondering about him. As soon as the bell rings, the boy leaves class in a rush. He was determined to find the pianist. Suddenly while he was gathering his plans, he stops in his footsteps. "Maybe not today.." he thought, still embarrassed about earlier.

------

Sungjong strolled down the streets, ignoring everything. Cafes, clothing stores, and small food vendors surrounded him. Not knowing where he was planning to go, though his feet never quit. As he continued to walk further, he began to clear his thoughts. Or at least he attempted to. His mind was focused on the mysterious boy who had played the piano. The piece he listened to sounded similar to the one in his dreams. The sweet melody that made him lose grasp of reality. Could it have been fate that he found this boy? Was it him that would paint his colorless world? He was desperate to see him again. He remembered how he looked as his fingers moved, playing the hypnotizing tune. The boy's face looked emotionless, yet Sungjong found it charming. He had never seen such a beautiful figure. The boy, now with bright red cheeks, blushed at his thoughts.

Finally realizing he was getting no where, he came to an abrupt stop in front of a small bookshop. The red string of fate, now untangling itself, guides the boy to whom he seeks for the most. He walks in, now realizing: standing in front of him, was the handsome pianist. He steps back a bit, as the boy greets him.

"Ah, welcome! Please take a look around," the figure says, while bowing.

"I-um, hello.." Sungjong replies, while mentally smacking himself.

The other boy looks up. "Oh? Aren't you the boy who was watching me play the piano earlier today?", he smirks.

Sungjong, who is now blushing furiously, replies, "Ah.. I didn't think you would have seen me," he says while nervously chuckling. He stared at the ground, not daring to look up at the him. He bit his lip.

"So what brings you here? Stalking me or something?", he teased.

"I-I'm not like that!", Sungjong argues.

"I know.." he pauses for a bit. The boy begins to stare at Sungjong. He starts to feel extremely uncomfortable. "W-what are you doing?", he asks.

"I'm looking at you. You sort of look sick...are you okay? Your face is really red." he reaches out and grabs Sungjong's face with his hands. 

"....!!" The boy jumps.

"Your face is really hot too..I-"

"Ah, no it's okay! I'm fine! Really!" Sungjong blurts. He pulls book keeper's arms down.

The boy frowns. He tilts his head to the side, giving an unsure look. Nevertheless, he ruffles Sungjong's hair. "Cute.." he whispered, though loud enough for Sungjong to hear.

"What's your name? I'm Myungsoo," the handsome, yet strange boy asked.

"Sungjong.." he answers, slowly easing up.

The red string of fate, is now firmly tied onto each other's fingers, without a single knot.

 

Ugh.. It literally took me 4 hours to write this on my phone LOL. It's really short, >< but I'm so tired.. This is also my first time writing (probably my 3rd time saying that lol), so I'd be glad to see your comments (◡‿◡✿). So.. comment and sub! please? xD Also, if there's any mistakes..I apologize. I haven't slept the whole day, so I'm bound to have miss something, I'm sure of it lol..