The Future Kim (Kim Nara)

My Friend's Tale

Ding dong!

 

L shifted from the couch to the front door. He opened the door only to find you grinning from ear to ear. Why would someone who was sick like you smiling widely at him after going to the hospital? But then again, you’re always a weird type of person.

 

“Annyeong” you waved.

 

L just nodded and opened the door widely for you to get inside. You went in but stood near him. L raised his brows. You pouted and opened your arms. He sighed and slowly approached you.

 

“How’s the appointment going?” he broke the hug.

“Good” you said.

“It’s a relief then” he said and sat back on the couch, watching TV.

 

As much as he wanted to ask further, something held him back from doing it. What his friends said before still playing on his mind.

‘If you want it to work, ignore her’

Now he only had one thing to do with you.

Ignore.

You sat beside him. You realized that your fiancée was acting strange today. He never forgot to hug you if you came by his house. He also kissed your forehead while you two were hugging. If you’re sick, he always gets worried, too worried.

 

“Oppa, let’s get ice creams” you exclaimed.

“No, you need to rest” he said as he flicked channels of the TV in boredom.

 

You pouted again. So you shifted closer to him and rested your head on his shoulder when he suddenly got up from his seat.

 

“Want to drink something?” he asked.

 

But before you wanted to reply him, he already left to the kitchen. You frowned at his strange behavior.

 

“Here” he gave you an orange juice.

“Oppa, did anything happen?” you asked softly.

“No” he said and gulped down his drink quickly.

“Okay” you frowned.

 

You stayed in his house until night. You asked him this and that, but he answered every question shortly. You began to get sick of the atmosphere. The truth was that you wanted to tell him something. But he began to act strange. For you, the most important thing right now was L. so you just delay the talk for later.

L excused himself to the bathroom taking a shower. You went to his room and sat down on his bed when you saw something underneath the pillow. You pulled it out.

L just finished showering, when he saw you on his bed. His eyes widened when he saw the familiar paper on your hand, his to-do list paper. You looked up at him and sighed.

 

“So this is why you’re acting strange, huh?” you glared at him that’s not really intimidating.

“Nara-ah…” his voice softened.

 

Then you burst out in laughter.

 

“By ignoring me, you just make me feel worst. I thought I did something wrong. I was worried at you for nothing. I guess your plan for my birthday surprise for today failed. Mehrong” you giggled.

“Aish” he ruffled his wet hair in frustrated.

“You know I was working hard on it” he pouted.

“And you got to fool me for a while” you crossed your arms.

“I guess. Though I feel pity for doing that to you” he smirked.

“Nappeun saram” you pouted.

“Let’s see who’s going to smirk and who’s going to get surprise today” you smiled meaningfully.

“What do you mean?”

“Get dressed first. I’ll be in the living room” you smiled and left the room.

“What’s with her? Oh well, I won’t get surprise so easily. They called me L for nothing” he smirked again.

 

Eyes widened, mouth wide agape and no voice came out. All parts of the body went numb as if the great impact knocks him out. What’s this expression was called again people? Yes correct, 100 points for you. It’s called shock. The synonym of this word is surprise.

 

“You’re pregnant?” he managed to ask.

“Surprise!” you hugged him.

“Aww, look at your face” you pinched his rigid cheeks.

“Nara-ah, you really got me. I’m surprise right now but just to make sure, you’re not joking right?” L, who came back to his sense and wanted to burst in happiness, began to get nervous.

“Oppa, why would I want to lie on something as important as this?” you rolled your eyes.

“So…” he trailed off.

 

His face began to get brighter and a smile was formed on his lips. He made a sound and he controlled his legs from jumping. If people didn’t know him better, they will mistake him as a ‘soft’ guy instead.

 

“Ah, oppa” you squealed when you were swept off the ground.

“I’m going to be dad soon!” he spun you around.

“I know, I know! Put me down right now” you grinned.

 

L stared at you differently from earlier and from the usual days. It’s more loving, cuter, more romantic, and sweeter. Even his friend, Nam-greasy-cheesy-Woohyun can’t beat it.

LOL

 

“Gomawo” he leaned in and kissed your forehead.

“And happy birthday, baby” his lips went down from your forehead to the…

 

Smooch!

Nara opened her eyes and frowned at the smirking L.

 

“What are you staring at? Do you want a peck on the nose again?” he chuckled.

“No thanks” you stuck out your tongue at him.

“Let’s get ice cream” he took you hand.

 

 

“I’m home” L went inside his house.

“Appa!” by hearing that voice, he gain back his energy.

 

Little L ran towards him so he need to crouch down to pick him up.

 

“I want appa too!” a voice was heard below him.

“Sara, your appa must be tired. Come to omma” you said.

“But, I miss appa” she said quietly.

“Come here, baby” L crouched down for the second time.

“Right, go to your appa kids” you crossed your arms.

“Don’t worry. If I got three arms you’ll also in my embrace” L smirked.

“And to think that I want it”

“If I’m not mistaken, I thought you loved it”

“Whatever, let’s eat dinner” you pouted and left to the kitchen.

 

At half past nine, it’s time for the children to go to bed. L was busy doing his work in his room so you tucked them alone. You didn’t have a hard time raising them, for now. You don’t like how they behave like adults in front of the other children. Seriously, they’re only 4. You guess they inherit L’s personality and looks. They inherit none from you. Annoying, right? But nonetheless you still love your first twin child.

 

“Grow up fast, my junior L and Nara” you said softly.

 

Before you left, you always give them a goodnight kiss. You yawned and proceeded to the bedroom. You lay on your bed when L came in.

 

“Are they sleeping right now?”

“Mm” you said while closing your eyes.

 

You felt a heavy weight on the side of the bed indicating that L was sitting or maybe laying on it. Then a shift could be heard.

 

“How’s recovering going?”

“It’s been four years already, oppa” you frowned at his question.

 

You opened your eyes and saw L resting on his side, staring at you.

 

“I’m a guy” he shrugged.

“As you can see I’m perfectly fine” you smiled.

“Jinja?” his eyes sparkled.

“You worry too mu-” you gasped when L lean over you.

“Yah, what are you doing?” it’s like a déjà vu for you.

“Did you still remember the AKB48?” he whispered.

 

AKB48…

 

AKB48…

 

AKB48??

 

 “Are you serious?” you asked as you looked into his eyes if he’s joking or not.

“Have I ever joked around before?” he smirked.

‘To think that he’s worried’ you thought.

 “No you wouldn’t…” you trailed off.

 

Your face is burning so it must be beaten red right now.

 

“Oh yes, I would…” he said softly and leaned in to…capture your nose.

“Yah, you said you never joke arou-” you went silent when he really capture your lips.

‘I guess we really need to construct this house for the next 20 years.