Chapter 2 - What Makes Wheein Different

Accidentally Married

Chapter 2 – What Makes Wheein Different

 

Yongsun grunts as she goes through another rep to complete a set of pull up. She wasn’t at her best today and honestly, she forces herself to finish as her way to blow off steam. In fact, she wonders how did she even be in this predicament. Her body shakes and her grips were losing strength. Try as she might, she just could not hold on any longer. Crashing onto the floor, she lay there and stares at the ceiling. Oh, how she wished the earth just swallows her whole.

“Yo, bro! What’s this I hear bout you getting married?”

Yongsun doesn’t need to open her eyes to know who it was. It’s none other than her partner in crime. Her confidant. Her bestfriend – Moon Byulyi. The older woman sighed and sat up.

“How did you know?”

Byul bit her lip. She didn’t think it through because she was shocked and more curious to know. Yongsun rolled her eyes and said, “Can’t believe you are such a simp for her.”

“Hey, I do not.” Byul pouts. “It slipped and she knows how to persuade me.”

Yongsun looks down at Byul’s blue sweat pants and chuckled. “Of course, she does.”

“Stop it. What are you trying to imply? She’s a nice and decent woman.” Byul defended her girlfriend.

Yongsun surrendered with her hands up and said, “I’m not implying anything.”

Byul intently look at her with her fingers on her chin. “Spill it, Yongsun. What really happened?”

The older woman avoided the gaze and dries her sweat with a white towel. Truth be told, she doesn’t know how to explain it. As annoying as Byul can be, she also understands Yongsun well. She sighed, “Hyejin went to Wheein’s apartment last night because she doesn’t want Wheein to be sad alone. She was as confused as I am when she found out you proposed to her.”

Yongsun remains quiet. She adjusted her white hat. She lets MoonByul talk.

“Please tell me this is not one of your silly games, Yongsun. Wheein’s not one of your disposable girls. She’s a –“

“ – a good woman. You think I don’t know?” Yongsun said frustratedly. “You think I’m not feeling guilty?”

“Then why are you playing this game?” Byul said with equal frustration.

“I’m not playing anything. I just-“

“Just what?” Byul waits patiently for Yong’s answer.

Yongsun gulps her protein shake and wipe . “I-i didn’t have the heart to tell her.”

Byul frowned. This woman she known all her life has never had trouble breaking hearts and leaving her flings in the morning. Mind you Kim Yongsun’s list of scandals aren’t your ordinary bunch. They’re actresses, singers, socialites, etc. But somehow, she didn’t have the heart when it comes to this one woman. She stares at the troubled Yongsun and smiled for she realised it’s not that Kim Yongsun didn’t have the heart to, rather the older woman had found it.

“Why the hell are you smiling? I don’t appreciate you making a joke out of my predicament. Heck, I’m not even sure I wanna get married.” Yong glared at Byul.

“Is she like any other hoes you dated?” Byul asked.

“What the – no she’s not!”

Byul smiled at Yongsun’s reaction. “Is she not worthy to be your wife?”

Yongsun looked down on the floor. She’s contemplating. “Actually, she’s more than worthy. Passionate and caring. Excellent with children.” Yongsun looked up to Byul with a smile. “She knows when I’m upset, she would cook me delicious food and we would cuddle and she sang me to sleep.” This time Yongsun’s eyes sparkles. “I feel at ease. Peaceful.”

Byul side hugged Yong like a proud bro. She was about to congratulate Yongsun when she the older woman said, “I think she’s a really nice friend.”

“What?”

“What?”

Byul could not believe what she’s hearing. Not to mention that stupid look on Yongsun’s face.

“Oh my gosh! Can you not be a Yeba at this time?” Byul smacked the back of Yongsun’s head.

“Ow!!! Wtf I’m your unnie.”

Byul rolled her eyes. “You deserved it. I can’t believe at the level of stupid, Yongsun.”

“I-I’m not that stupid okay. I-I’m just not sure if I do actually you know…like her.”

“Bruh, do you actually listen to yourself? The things you just said about her…”

“I know…I just need to be certain bout my feelings for her ‘kay?” Yongsun said.

Byul nods her head in understanding. The woman had never been committed in any relationship before. “Well, if you need any advice, I’m here for you.”

Yongsun raised an eyebrow. “Advise from you?”

“Hey, I’m in a committed relationship for a year now. I’m pretty sure I am qualified to give you my professional insight.” Byul rebuts.

“Maybe you should marry Hyejin too.” Yong said.

“I will wife her when the right time comes and unlike you, it will not be by mistake.”

Yongsun bit her lip. She needs to sort this out. She needs to put all her doubts to rest. But how should she do it? She thought.

 

 

****************

 

 

“I’m not gonna marry you yet.”

“What?” Yongsun stares at Wheein blankly. The words registered in her head only she could not understand it.

Wheein seeing the reaction, walks towards Yongsun and sat on her lap. She massages the frown on Yongsun’s face. The older woman thought it’s going to be the usual dinner at her apartment and maybe talk about some wedding preparation.

“I said I’m not gonna marry you yet.”

Yongsun can’t help but to frown. Is Wheein rejecting her? She’s never been rejected before. It does not feel good. “Why?” She asked.

“Well, I made a promise to myself that I will become a restaurant owner and until then I’m not gonna be committed to something else.”

This news should be a good one for Yongsun but somehow it doesn’t. Rather she felt disappointed. For the first time ever, she was put on the sideline. The Kim’s maknae is a spoilt brat. She gets what she wants.

“Jagiya, are you okay?” Wheein’s soft voice caught Yongsun’s attention.

“I’m okay. I understand.” Yongsun doesn’t but she can act like it.

Wheein smiled appreciatively. She leans down and gave Yongsun her sweet kiss.

Since the revelation, Yongsun hadn’t seen her fiancée since the last dinner date and that was more than 3 weeks ago. In order to reach her goal of owning a restaurant, she worked 2 cooking shifts and it often led to her finishing her work at 1:00am in the morning. She would need to wake up 3 hours later if she’s gonna make it to her morning shift at 7:00am. She was so busy that she didn’t have time for Yongsun. She felt neglected and so tonight she waited for Wheein to come home.

It's 2:00am and Yongsun finally gets to see her fiancée. She was about to rage on her but stop immediately when she saw the tired look on Wheein’s face.

“Oh, jagiii…I miss you so much!” Wheein walked towards Yongsun and hugged the older woman.

Yongsun returns the hug and realises the state of Wheein’s body condition. Even with her exhausted feature, Wheein smiled wide and warmly. Yongsun tries to tell Wheein that she need not make supper but the younger woman insisted. Yongsun’s heart aches as she watches the red flushed face of Wheein. Her lips were pale and chapped. Her eyes struggled to open. Yongsun had seen enough and carried Wheein to the bedroom.

“Go to sleep, Wheeinie.” Yongsun lies beside the younger woman. “I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere.” She said as she hugs Wheein by the waist.

Wheein smiled sleepily. She manages to leave a chaste kiss on Yongsun’s. “I love you, yongsunnie.” Wheein professed her love.

And at that moment Yongsun decided to expedite this matter.

END of Chapter 2

 

Aunthors note: Please don't forget to leave a comment and express your opinion on this chapter. I absolutely love reading them. It gives me motivation. See you in the next chapter. Bubye!