Chapter 8 - Wheein's Ray of Light

Accidentally Married

Chapter 8

Wheein’s Ray of Light

 

She watched Wheein in disbelief. The woman literally flew with her horse and shot bullseye to the bowl. Yongsun felt joyous when the bowl burst into flames but in a split second turned into worry as she saw Wheein fell from her horse and rolled over the hedge.

 

Kim Yongsun’s life had never been so dark. It felt like the walls were closing in. Never felt so helpless. So beyond her grasp. No amount of money in her bank going to make things any better. For the first time ever she puts her hands together and pray.

 

And all Wheein said was “Did I win?”

 

Yongsun shakes her head remembering the time. She’s at a corner of the hospital room. Listening to guests talking to Wheein about the amazing feat she did. Guests as in Yongsun’s parents, Yonghee, Moonbyul and Hyejin. The doctor said only close relatives are allowed.

 

“No, it was stupid.” Yongsun’s remark caught the people off guard.

 

“No it’s not. It was brilliant!” Moonbyul said. The rest of the family members agreed.

 

Yongsun turns her attention to Wheein and said, “You could get seriously injured. What were you thinking jumping from a horse?”

 

Wheein gulped. Yongsun’s eyes were piercing. “I – I didn’t think“

 

“That’s the problem. You didn’t think!”

 

“What do you suppose I should do? I can’t let Rose win. That was the only way.” Wheein argued.

 

“Just let her win. The cup’s worth nothing if you’re paralysed!” Yongsun’s voice raised an octave.

 

“If I lose grandfather will not allow us to marry!” Wheein equals in tone.

 

“Screw that old man! He’s probably had gone senile.”

 

“Hey! Watch your mouth, Yongsun.” Warned Yonghee.

 

“Or what?” Yongsun stand toe to toe to Yonghee.

 

“Yongsun, don’t.” Mr. Kim said trying to stop Yongsun from escalating the situation.

 

The people saw the intense fiery stare of Yongsun. It made Yonghee stepped back.

 

“Enough!” Mdm. Kim put it to end. “What’s done is done. All that matters is Wheein’s fine now.”

 

Moonbyul pulls Yongsun to the side and pats her on the back in an effort to distinguish her bestfriend angry flames.

 

“We’re going now. Have some sleep, sweetheart.” Mdm. Kim said and gave Wheein a kiss on the cheek. Mr. Kim hugs Wheein before following his wife out the door. Yonghee had walked out the room first. Moonbyul and Hyejin bid their goodbyes too.

 

Yongsun was about to leave too but halted when Wheein called for her.

 

“You know I did it for you, right?” Wheein said.

 

Yongsun walks to Wheein and tucked her in. “I know.”

 

“Aren’t you going to bed with me?”

 

“I will. But I need to do something.” Yongsun cups Wheein’s cheek. “I’ll be back soon. I promise.”

 

Wheein didn’t say anything. She leans in for a kiss and Yongsun happily meets Wheein’s lips halfway.

 

 

 

*******************

 

 

Dragon Clan Mansion

 

Yongsun finds herself standing in front of Don Yunho’s home office. It’s almost midnight but she knows the old man still up. She gave a couple of knocks on the door before letting herself in. Rightfully so, Don Yunho sitting on his favourite green leathered chair facing the window. Smoking on his wooden pipe.

 

“Grandpapa…”

 

Don Yunho didn’t turn around from his chair instead gesturing Yongsun to take the chair next to him. Green in colour. Identical to his. In between them was a little round table. Yongsun made herself comfortable in the chair and let out a sigh.

 

“Tired?”

 

Yongsun nods. “A little.”

 

“Drink with me, Yongsun.” Don Yunho takes another glass from below the table and served his granddaughter a little whiskey. He chuckled when Yongsun chugged it all at once.

 

“Take it easy, little one.”

 

Yongsun turns to his grandfather. Little one. An endearing term he often used to Yongsun when she’s a toddler.

 

“I’m not little anymore.” Yongsun said. Her grandfather smiled.

 

“I know.” Don Yunho gets up from his chair. “Come.” Yongsun followed Don Yunho to his work space. It’s an old grand table. On it were a few documents, stationeries, a golden study lamp. Almost antique. In fact a lot of things in this office were antiques. Passed down from generations. Yongsun was about to take the guest seat opposite the table before Don Yunho stopped her.

 

“Here.” Don Yunho pulls out his grand chair. “Sit.” Don Yunho said. Yongsun was puzzled but understood his intention.

 

Don Yunho now sitting at the guest seat and Yongsun on the grand chair. “How’s Equator, Yongsun?”

 

At first Yongsun feels a little awkward. She didn’t think she will be able to sit on this chair. But Don Yunho’s question deviates her attention.

 

“I had to do some housekeeping. Especially on management. Still need to do some restructuring on its finances. I am planning to renovate the east wing of the hotel. The construction was abysmal. No wonder it wasn’t doing well.” Yongsun said.

 

“Really?” Don Yunho said as he takes a puff.

 

“I fired the contractor, by the way. The number of damages from leaks were unacceptable. No offense grandpapa but we shouldn’t just accept an offer from a close friend.”

 

Don Yunho didn’t say anything. His expression was calm. He takes a few puffs from his pipe and smiled.

 

“I hope you learnt from my mistake.”

 

“I definitely keep that in mind.”

 

The Don laughed. Usually his staff would be flustered and a barrage of sickeningly sweet praises of him come after. All half truths and insincere. But Yongsun is her granddaughter. Don Yunho then made his way to one of the cabinets. He takes a little wooden box from it and proceeded to put it in front of Yongsun. “Give this to your future wife, Wheein.”

 

“What’s this?” Yongsun asked. She didn’t wait for Don Yunho to answer and opened the box. It was a diamond studded golden ring.

 

“It was your grandmother’s. She died before I could gift it to her.”

 

Yongsun notices the longing in his eyes. “I’ll make sure to put it on her on our wedding day.”

 

Despite both of them often in disagreement, Don Yunho still loves Yongsun. In fact the Kim’s are known to be hard headed and passionate.

 

 

*************************

 

Wedding Day

 

Wheein looks at herself in the mirror. She was all dressed up in white gown. The only thing left was her veil. Gripping on her mobile phone, she tries to call her mother for the 50th time. She had left 17 text messages. All unanswered and no reply. She sighed. Fighting her hardest not to cry and spoil her mascara. She really wanted her mother to be there.

 

Coming from a broken family, Wheein sometimes wonder why life was unfair to her. A father that’s non-existent and a mother struggling with her addiction. Drinking herself literally to oblivion. Growing up she had to be the adult. She can only rely to herself. Everyday she tries to steer away from the dark side of being depressed. Only seeing the bright side of things or at least forcefully. She doesn’t want to be like her parents. She hated them sometimes.

 

But Wheein’s best quality is her forgiveness. She forgives easily. Her heart is soft. It’s a gift and a curse. Some people took advantage of her. Her mother got better and she’s more than happy. However, her mother slowly distancing from Wheein when she remarried. Again, Wheein’s heart is soft and she didn’t force her mother to see her. Her mother wanted a new life and so she let it be.

 

“Hey, are you ready?”

 

Wheein turns to the door and smiled at Mr. Kim and nods. He reaches out to her hand and let it wrapped around his arm. “You look so beautiful, sweetheart.”

 

Wheein just smile. A tinge of natural pink coloured her lovely cheeks. Slowly but surely they made their way to the main hall. Like in the movies, the grand door opened and the guests stand up to celebrate the bride.

 

So many unfamiliar faces looking at her but halfway to the altar a familiar dimpled smile just like hers made her steps slowed. They locked eyes and Wheein felt like she wanted to run to that person but the lady signals her to go to the person waiting at the stage. Yongsunn looked momentarily nervous when she stopped but finally smiled widely when Wheein walked towards her.

 

“I thought you’re gonna ditch me.” Yongsun whispered rather relieved.

 

“And miss out the chance to ruin your life? No way.” The comment caused Yongsun to laugh.

 

The couple said their vows and the priest finally asked if there’s anyone opposing this marriage of which Yongsun gave a serious ‘I will kill you’ look. Finally it’s time for the couple to kiss.

 

Wheein who’s naturally more affectionate jumped on Yongsun which caused laughter and successfully made Wheein embarrassed. She retracted her arms that was wrapped around Yongsun’s neck but before she could completely let go, Wheein felt the strong arms of Yongsun around her. Their body melted together. Yongsun’s breath on her face. Wheein gulped nervous when Yongsun’s big brown eyes looking down on her lips. In a slow motion, Yongsun leans in and softly kiss on Wheein’s lips. It was a chaste kiss at first but the second time Yongsun’s lips linger a little longer. Wheein reciprocates by biting on Yongsun’s lower lip. An invitation for Yongsun to taste her tongue. The grip Yongsun had on Wheein’s body gets tighter and without much delay Yongsun explores Wheein’s palate and tasted her tongue.

 

“Get a room, you two!!!!” Moonbyul’s voice echoed and the guests laughing at the flustered newly married couple.

 

The couple thanked guests that had come to their wedding. Wheein can’t contain her happiness when one particular lady came. “Mom!” Wheein hugged her mother. “I thought you’re not gonna come.”

 

Wheein can’t help but cried. Her mother wiped the tears from her face. “Of course I’d come. It’s your wedding. You look so beautiful, my magnolia.”

 

“Congrats, Young Master. Thank you for flying us here for the wedding.” A man beside her mother greets Yongsun.

 

“Anything to make my wife happy.” She said and Wheein looked at Yongsun with curious eyes.

 

“I didn’t mean to make you cry, Wheeinie but your mate insisted it should be a surprise.” Wheein’s mother explained. “Believe me it was equally painful for me to ignore your calls and messages.”

 

Wheein punched Yongsun’s arm. “You’re so bad.”

 

“Hey you cannot back away now we are married. You’re stuck with me.” Yongsun said. They talked for a while and finally said their goodbyes.

 

The couple were now at their mansion. Wheein sat down on the bed and sighed. Her feet were aching. Heels and standing up for a long period is just not a good combination.

 

“Tired?” Yongsun asked and kneels in front of Wheein.

 

Wheein gulped when she saw Yongsun only in her laced bra and still in her white dress pants. Oh right, she’s Yongsun’s mate now. She would need to fulfil the desire of her alpha.

 

“A little bit.”

 

Yongsun took her left foot and massages it. “Nice?”

 

“Yes, thank you.” She replied. Yongsun then proceeded to massage the other foot.

 

Then Yongsun towers over her. “Let me help you with your dress.”

 

Wheein gulped nervous and turns her back. This is it. Yongsun zips down the dress and gently pulls down the gown. Wheein shoulders exposed. She felt Yongsun fingers touched her bare shoulders and it sends shiver down her spine. A soft kiss landed on her right shoulder. Then her left. Yongsun fingers then caresses Wheein’s neck. Wheein tilted her neck and a soft kiss on it then she felt Yongsun’s tongue her earlobe.

 

Wheein’s in Yongsun’s embrace. Yongsun leaving little kisses on Wheein’s doughy cheek. Yongsun pulls on the covers and have Wheein as her little spoon.

 

“I know you’re tired. I’m tired too.”

 

“But I thought I need to fulfil my duties tonight.” Wheein said.

 

“And you will. Just not tonight.” Yongsun said and switches off the side table lamp.

 

“Goodnight, baby.” Yongsun said with a kiss on top of Wheein’s head.

 

Wheein grabs on Yongsun’s hand that was on her stomach and kissed it. When she met Yongsun, she was her ray of light in this unpredictable life. For once, she was genuinely happy and safe. And when she said, “I love you.” She meant it with her whole heart and soul.

 

END OF CHAPTER 8

Thank you all for your love and support. Did you guys like the fluff scene? Please tell me below! I love your comments and I appreciate your kind supportive and patience towards me. I hope I can write more but I'm fairly busy. Maybe next one will have some love scene or maybe some drama lol. Thank you again for your support!