-1-

Just Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-452

20-year old Hwang Ae Rin was peacefully at her locker, picking out books for her next class before one of her earphones was yanked out of her ear.

" Aerin-ah! "

" Gosh! How about giving a hello for once. Oh wait, I forgot you never say hello, you . "

Aerin sassed her best friend and also her cousin, Hwang Mi Young. Miyoung just rolled her eyes.

" Yeah, yeah, whatever. Now , tell me what happened. What did you think? "

" About what? "

" Don't play stupid with me young lady. Your date! How was it? "

" Oh. " The word just destroys her mood immediately.

" It was fine. " She made a poker face, continuing to put her books in her bag.

" That's it? Just fine? Kim Tae Hyung is the most popular guy in Seoul University. Every girl here is dying to get in his pants and you're here saying it was just FINE? " Aerin mentally scoffed.

Yeah and not to mention the biggest jerk in SU.

" And is there something wrong with that? I just think he's not my kind of guy, that's all. "

Definitely not my kind of guy.

She shrugs, not giving attention to the disapproving look on her cousin's face. Even though she looks like she's okay, actually she was burning inside. This Kim Taehyung guy, whoever he thinks he is, beside stooding her up last night, he made her wait for three hours in that greasy place they called a bar.

He at least could've called but no, he just decides to make her stay there like an idiot. She just acts fine afterwards to avoid Miyoung giving her more dates. That was the last time she will give in to Miyoung's stupid plans.

" Do you know how hard I worked to get you a date with him? "

" And who asked you to do that exactly? I think I specifically told you to STAY OUT of my love life. " 

" And what kind of a friend would I be if I let you be that girl without a love life and will live with 40 cats in the future? I'm doing you a favor, I tell you. "

" Thanks but no thanks. I'll rather be alone than be with a guy like him. "

" But why??? "

Miyoung pouted when Aerin rejected her choice. Again. She really thought he was a nice guy.

" That's for me to know and for you to never find out. Besides, I'll never see him in the future so, problem solved. "

Miyoung's eyes spotted something behind that made her smirk immediately.

" I wouldn't be so sure about that though. "

Aerin raised her eyebrows at her words but Miyoung was already sporting her eye smile before she got to question her change of behaviour.

" Joonie! I missed you so much. "

Miyoung hugs her boyfriend tight, ignoring Aerin who was watching in disgust.

" Hey baby. We just talked this morning you know. You missed me already? "

Kim Nam Joon chuckled while steadying himself after being tackled by his girlfriend and hugs her back. Miyoung greets the boy beside him after realising there was another company.

" Hello V-ssi. "

" Annyeong Miyoung noona. "

The boy brightly greets her back.

" So... "

Miyoung and Namjoon look at each other.

" You guys want to tell us what happened? "

Aerin points at herself confused at their question.

" Me? "

" Yes, you. You want to tell us what happened with you and V-ssi? " Aerin looks at the boy in front of her, who she only knows as ' V-ssi ' who looks as equally confused as she is right now. Like they've never seen each other in they're life.

Oh wait, they never did actually.

" I'm sorry but who is he? "

Aerin meant that in the nicest way possible but her nicest ways just seem rude to the three people in front of her. Miyoung just managed to laugh awkwardly.

" Hahaha you are so funny, Aerin-ah. You said that like you've never met V-ssi before."

Aerin eyed her best friend assuming that she's possibly crazy because she never met him before if she couldn't show that any clearer. Miyoung was taken aback by her best friend's expression. Did she wear a blindfold during the date or what?

" You know...Taehyung-ssi..." Miyoung said to her.

Taehyung -ssi?

" Aerin-ssi? "

Taehyung or V, as they called him, said suddenly. He looked like he's guilty of something and was rubbing the back of his neck.

" Yeah, I was meaning explain to you. About last night- "

PPAP!

The sudden slap made him stop talking in shock. Everyone in the hallway turns their head towards them and the hallway becomes abnormally quiet with all the focus on them. Miyoung closed with her palm while Namjoon didn't even bother to close his.

" The -- What the hell was that for?!! "

In a flash, the good guy act from before just disappeared and now came the real Kim Taehyung, as Aerin assumed anyways, and that made her smirk.

" Nice to FINALLY meet you, Kim Taehyung-ssi. I see you're showing your true colours faster than expected. "

The said boy rubbed his cheek that was stinging with pain.

" What the hell?! Is this about last night? I WAS going to apologize before you decide to abuse my face. "

" I don't think a simple apology could make up for what you did last night. "

" I was only A FEW MINUTES LATE. AND DON'T THINK YOU ARE THAT INNOCENT IN THIS WHOLE THING. IF YOU HAVE THE DECENCY TO TURN ON YOUR PHONE, YOU WOULD KNOW WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED AND NOT JUST ABUSE PEOPLE AS YOU LIKE! "

Things started to get louder as he started to raise his voice and Aerin wasn't about to back down. 

" EXCUSE ME?! A FEW MINUTES? MORE LIKE A FEW HOURS. MAYBE THINGS ARE MORE SLOW UPSTAIRS THAN YOU THINK. YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET THEM CHECKED BEFORE YOU WASTE OTHER PEOPLE'S TIME AT A FILTHY GREASY BAR! "

She pants at her last words before slamming her locker and walking off angrily pushing through the crowd of people around them. Same goes for Taehyung who grunts heavily before yelling to the crowd to get out of his way. Miyoung looks at her boyfriend confused.

" A bar? I thought I told you to tell her it was Johnny's Dining Galore. " She eyes him suspiciously. He raised his eyebrows.

" Johnny's Dining Galore? I thought it was Johnny's Steakhouse? "

Miyoung's eyes screams horror and she hits him in the arm frustrated. He just takes them willingly after he realizes that this is all his fault. What have we done? He thought before being dragged to class by his girlfriend.

~

D-389

Aerin just palms her face trying to focus herself on the lecture in front. But it just seems impossible with the distraction occuring behind her, more like on her. She turns around angrily to face an annoying guy.

" Will you stop that? "

The guy pretends to think for a little before quickly answering, " No. "

He grins and throws another paper ball towards her. She rolled her eyes before glaring at him.

" Kim Taehyung, stop it before-- "

" Before what, Hwang - Ae - Rin? "

He elongates her full name, adding fire to the fuel. Her fist itches so badly to just land on his pretty face but sadl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter