Chapter 4

Lion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before I start, I just want to tell everyone for no particular reason that I decided on the OC names (The evil ones) based on their ability. An example I could give you now is Tresco from chapter 3 who could rot everything he touches. In Latin, “imputresco” means decay or rot. But I might be wrong about this since I’m not Latin, to begin with. I just relied to Google. Hahaha! That’s all! Thanks and enjoy this next chapt~!

 

 

 

 

After reading all the documents they stole, they found out about 3 things.

 

There are conquerors who are called the “4 pillars”. These 4 pillars are rewarded their own castles, that’s why they built castles after the war. The 4 pillars have different special abilities and the king of the land is their leader, meaning there are a total of 5 persons with special abilities. The daughter of the king and queen who died during the war is still alive and the pillars are looking for her as commanded by the King conqueror.

 

“I think our next mission should be looking for the princess”, said Yuqi.

“But what good would that bring? A powerless princess won’t be of any help”, said Minnie.

“That’s true.” Soojin agreed.

“They are looking for her. Do you think they would bother looking for her if she’s just a normal person?” Soyeon asked.

“Exactly! You’re really the only one here with the same IQ as me.” Yuqi said.

“This is a big land. Where would we even start without a single trace?” Miyeon asked.

“We no longer need to do that”, said Soojin.

 

Soojin looks at Shuhua, making them all do the same.

 

“Soojin!” Yuqi calls for a high-five.

“That’s exactly what I was thinking! You’re the only one here who matches my IQ!” Yuqi said.

“Just a while ago you said that to Soyeon”, said Minnie.

“Did I?” Yuqi plays innocent.

 

“No matter who saves the land, if a princess is alive, then she’ll be the queen. And I saw Shuhua take the throne, meaning the princess is her.” Soojin explained.

“Yeah, yeah. Right.” Yuqi nods.

“So, you’re really special. You must really have a lot of abilities like what Soojin said”, said Miyeon.

“But my parents were soldiers, I think. It’s impossible. My grandma said they died fighting the conquerors.” Shuhua said.

“Even a royalty needs to fight, not just soldiers.” Minnie explained.

“Everything is happening too fast. I don’t think I can absorb it all at once”, said Shuhua.

“Calm down, Shuhua. Don’t think too much. Now all we need is to wait for all your abilities to awaken and Yuqi to get well, then we can already start the war”, said Soyeon.

“But that doesn’t mean we’ll be doing nothing here.” Soyeon added.

“What do you mean?” Miyeon asked.

“We’ll all be training to become stronger then we’ll invade another castle. We’ll do it to the four castles until we beat the four pillars. That way, the war would be easier”, said Soyeon.

“She has a point. With only one person with a special ability, everything would be easier. Not to mention, there are six of us.” Minnie said.

“Don’t underestimate the king. He’s only one but the four pillars never stood his way, meaning he’s someone extraordinary.” Soyeon said.

“The one I fought was so freaking strong! Really! Everything he touches could instantly rot and die, you know?! He was about to hold my face and kill me. Good thing Soyeon came.” Yuqi said.

“He also called himself the fourth pillar. I think there’s something like a “place” on who’s the strongest and weakest. He’s apparently the weakest, that’s why Soyeon was able to beat him that fast.” Yuqi added.

“That’s why we need to get ourselves ready for the worst. We won’t know when we’ll be facing the first pillar. None of these documents said which castle did these pillars take.” Soyeon said.

“But I think we could make the castle’s size a basis”, said Yuqi.

 

They all nod, thinking the strongest one must have been rewarded the biggest palace.

 

“You’re really the only one who matches my IQ here!” Soyeon told Yuqi.

“They are so alike, that’s why they get along so well”, Miyeon whispered to Minnie.

“I know, right?” Minnie answered.

 

“I heard that”, said Shuhua.

“Shh!” Miyeon and Minnie giggles with her.

 

“Can I start training later? I want to try doing these potions written on this book.” Soojin asked.

“Sure. It would be helpful too since I saw potions that could instantly heal wounds and restore mana”, said Soyeon.

“Just tell me if you need any certain plant”, said Yuqi.

 

Starting that day, all of them trained like crazy. As for Yuqi, she was only able to train using her ability since she can’t move properly. Shuhua also went to meditate and tried to focus to awaken another ability every day.

 

[AFTER TWO MONTHS]

 

“That was great!” Minnie praised Shuhua after sparring with her.

 

Right now, Shuhua’s already better than Miyeon and Minnie in physical combat. She also already discovered another ability of hers, which is being able to see from the dark.

 

“You already improved a lot in a short period of time. You’re amazing”, said Soyeon.

 

Soojin gives Shuhua a towel and a glass of water.

 

“How about me? I also got tired and sweaty”, Minnie asked.

“You’re already old enough. Take it yourself”, said Soojin.

“Now you have your favorites!” Minnie goes inside and slams the door.

 

“What was that?” Yuqi asked.

“She’s getting hot-headed and emotional these days. I also don’t know why.” Soojin said.

“It’s either period or puberty.” Yuqi half-whispered.

“I think the latter is—” Soojin shakes her head.

“I agree. She’s too old for that”, said Soyeon.

“But late bloomers exist. Look at Soojin.” Miyeon said.

“Ohhhh, right!!” They all agreed except for Soojin.

“I’m not!” She denied it.

 

Minnie who’s currently inside felt really sulky towards Soojin so she went to the town for a walk.

 

While walking, she saw a man telling jokes, making everyone around him laugh.

 

“Maybe watching him would make me feel better.” Minnie goes to watch him.

 

She listened to him but didn’t find his jokes funny at all.

 

“Why are they all laughing this much watching him? What’s wrong with them? He’s got no sense of humor at all!” Minnie told herself.

 

“Hey, why aren’t you laughing?!”

“You wanna die?!”

“Go away, moron!”

 

His audience suddenly got mad at her.

 

“Crazy fans! Tsk! Now I’m even more annoyed!” Minnie rolls her eyes before leaving.

“Hey! Wait!” The man runs after her.

“What?” Minnie coldly asked.

“Don’t you think I’m funny?” He asked.

“Not at all. I’m in a bad mood so please, if you’ll excuse me.” Minnie was about to turn around and walk away but he pulled her.

“I just want to see everyone smile. Can you smile for me, even just once?” He asked.

 

Minnie sighs and fake a smile.

 

“You’re even more beautiful that way. I hope to see you again soon. And when I do, I hope you’re already smiling.” He smiles at her.

 

Minnie walks away, blushing and smiling for real because of his words.

 

 

The next day, they went to the palace where they think the third pillar is to kill him.

 

“There’s something odd about these soldiers”, said Shuhua.

“What is it?” Soyeon asked.

“Look at their faces. They are all—smiling.”

“Only you can see their faces in the dark. Have you forgotten?” Soojin asked.

“Uh, right.” Shuhua rubs her nape.

 

“Look, I think that’s the third pillar.” Yuqi points at a man with a bigger build than the one she faced before.

“If that’s him then we no longer need to invade the palace. Miyeon, shoot some ice arrow right on his chest and head. Aim for those spots just to make sure he would die”, said Soyeon.

 

Miyeon nods and does as she said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter