The Pyrokinesis

ELEMENTS

Pyrokinesis; is the ability to manipulate fire

-

 

“Taeyeon! You’re next in a minute..”

informed their boss and went out of the tent. Taeyeon sighed as she practiced her performance of the night like what she always do. She bent her body slightly and start to twirl the slingshot around her body. Once she was done, she took a breath and look behind and stick out her hand as the orange flame emerged out of it. And lit up the slingshot. 

“Taeyeon…”

“Alright.. I’ll be out.” She said and walked out of the tent feeling the soft sand sank on her feet. With a fire slingshot on her hand, Taeyeon go towards on her position like the other as she waited for the cue. 

She breath out. Nervousness creeps on her body even though she had been doing it for years her hands were shaking. 

She breath out again… It’s okay, it’s okay.. Taeyeon you can do this. God damnit! You’ve been doing this for the whole time but-

“quit shaking, Kim. We might fail our performance if you shaking like that.” She heard her member on the side on position still waiting for the cue. He can’t help but to notice how those sling shot were slightly shaking. 

“I am. I’m just nervous okay?!” she whispered back. 

“Tsk. We’ve been doing this for long..” Taeyeon choose to ignore him and focus on the count down then on cue. They start to dance as the fire keep lighting up the dark place. 

They are consist of six people of the group three girls and three boys included Taeyeon. The fire dancers keep their job as professional as can be to avoid accidents, well except for Taeyeon who are now juggling a set of fire in the air using her hands as she shoot each post to light it up. People who witnessed it is awed wondering how she do that. After bending, twisting, dancing and showing their skills, The show ended up with a blowing of fire in the air made by one of their team. The people applauded again as they bowed and went back on the tent. 

“Good job Kim, I’m still wondering on how do you manage to hold the fire without getting burnt though. I’m thinking that you have super powers.” A man joined taeyeon chuckling and held her shoulder as they walked to the dressing room. His breath stink because of gas he used for the last performance but Taeyeon didn’t mind it. He just awkwardly laugh at him and nudge on his stomach. 

“What are you saying, go get change.” The man only laugh at her and left Taeyeon sighing relief. 

Oh well, indeed she have a powers. She can manipulate fire if she wanted to but people around here didn’t know that. She was afraid that if they might know, they will avoid her because she is a freak. 


That’s what she saw herself. A freak. A different from others, an outsider because of what she have. 

She didn’t ask for it.

She hated it. 

She wished that she was a normal being like the others. Not like this.. 

Yet she couldn’t cause it was given to her. She was born with it. 

Taeyeon might seems okay in the outside but deep down, she have scars. Scars that she want to forget, scars she wants to erase. Scars that caused on why she was all alone. 


She was young when she set their home on fire because she was learning to control her ability but due to accident, she didn’t control her powers and hit their house. Her father was sleeping that time and didn’t manage to get out while her mom, died when she gave birth to her.

It’s been 20 years but she still didn’t forgot that. She cursed herself. Her powers. But because of her powers she manage to have this work after their boss saw her dancing to a slingshot she made years before. 

Still, she didn’t want her powers. 

“shoot!” Taeyeon groaned as the light of the room went black. She sighed she was now done changing her clothes and now was finding her bag to put her clothes in but the lights went off.


Am I the only one here right? Taeyeon said through her mind. She closed her eyes then stick out her hand and in a second, she can feel the heat hit her face and when she opened it, a ball of fire floating on top of her palm. She used that to find her bag that is on the table. 

She walked towards her bag but before she took a step, she heard something.

“Very well..” Taeyeon gasp, she immediately put her hands down as the light went back again seeing a woman in white tux standing in front of her smiling. 

Taeyeon gulp, she was nervous again because that woman witnessed how she did earlier. She’s not ready to face all the consequence and lose her job-how this woman entered here?


“through the door of course”

Omo she read my mind?

“No, Your face tells me so..” Taeyeon watched the woman step forward as she step back and sat down on the chair when she feel that there’s no space for her to get away from this woman. 

“Who are you?” she gulp down whatever she feel inside as the woman still walking towards her and stop only a meter to Taeyeon. She look down and smiled to her.

“I’m Ryujin Park and I’m here to recruit you to our team, Taeyeon. We need you.” 

How--? 

The woman smiled wider seeing the surprised look on Taeyeon’s face. Probably wondering how she know her. 

“I’ll answer your question when you go to this place. We are waiting for you.” The woman handed her a card written a place where she should go then left the dressing room.

Taeyeon look down on the card and read it. She didn’t know who’s the girl is but the girl knows who she is. She didn’t want to come because it might be a scam but her guts tells her other way. 

 

Stone hills @ 7:00 pm Saturday’ 


It’s written on a cursive. Saturday? Tomorrow? Taeyeon tilt her head and keep the card before she gather her things and left to go home. 

what she mean by recruiting me? And she didn't even flinch when she saw me with my powers, is she also like me? Different?