Part 3- Puzzle

Crime in Jeonju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein had called her aunt totally in panic and told her about the tragic way the night ended.

Yongsun needed to keep calm and take decisions in cold blood.

The first thing she did was instruct the niece and the girlfriend to leave the crime scene quickly and discreetly.

Then she contacted the head of the security system and begged him to protect the girls.

The blonde also counted on an old employee of her husband, a woman who was aware of the boss' abuses.

What Yongsun asked the woman was that she tried to erase anything that led to Wheein's and Hyejin's presence.

All of that didn't solve Yongsun's problem because she knew who the police would blame.

Her fear was proven true 1 hour later when the chief of police told her to stay in town.

The blonde thought of the only person who could help her.

She remembered a talk in a hotel room in Paris one year before.

Moonbyul gave her a phone number and told her she should use it just in case of emergency. Other than that, the police officer would be the one contacting her.

When Yongsun commented on how disgusting and abusive Mr. Kan was, the younger one replied that it should be easy to get rid of someone who consumed all the drugs he did.

__ What happened to you, Byul-yi?__ She remembered asking the handsome girl, who was in her bed.

__ Life happened. I've seen it all. From mothers killing their babies to es of all kinds and different types of abuse. As much as I have tried my best to use the law, the institution and the technicalities fail so many innocent people. And let's not forget the victims, who are treated as real criminals.__ Moonbyul shared with her former girlfriend.

The blonde was really surprised and impressed with the younger girl's words and change of behavior.

__ I am a bit confused. Did you suggest that I kill my husband?

Sighing, Moonbyul looked inside her lover's eyes and responded:

__ No. I just stated the obvious. You told me he consumes , alcohol, and other substances very often. It's easy to get rid of someone like that. I never said you have to do it.

Yongsun's mind went back to the present and she called the secret number.

The police officer answered right away:

__ What is going on? Are you alright?

Inhaling and exhaling, the blonde responded:

__ My husband is dead. The police think is me. I am going to tell you all in detail.

__ No. Hear me out. I'm going to find a way to get the case and we must behave like strangers. It will be easier if I know nothing beforehand. We will not be nice to each other. If I find something negative about you, I'll be rude. Be unpleasant to me too.__ The deep voice was calm.

After a long silence, Yongsun responded:

__ Okay. We've never met.

__ x __

Moonbyul had gone back to Seul and had a long talk to her superior.

The talented detective exposed her deep frustration with the profession and with society.

The older guy responded that all the good cops had been in her place at least once and things would probably turn out fine.

The dark-haired girl shook her head and handed him a letter of resignation, which the male refused to accept.

Moon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter