Chapter II

Filling the Void

“Bora I think another boy you’re talking to is at the door.” Dasom yelled from the kitchen.

 

“Coming!” Bora exclaimed, jumping from her bed and skipping to the door.

 

“Why is everyone so loud?” Hyejin groggily stepped out of her room.

 

“Hyejin, it’s 1 P.M…” Dasom chuckled, putting the coffee grounds in the Keurig.

 

Hyejin sluggingly made her way to the coffee table, mulling almost her entire body over the top, “I know. I know. Sorry, I just had an ungodly amount of homework the first week back and my Calculus III professor isn't letting up. It’s times like these when I wish I didn’t choose to be an engineering major.” 

 

“Well,” Dasom placed a warm cup of coffee in front of Hyejin, “aside from studying I think you should try and enjoy college, I mean it is college after all. Try to loosen up and have some fun.”

 

“Guys! Jay invited me to a party tonight!” Bora entered the kitchen, holding a small piece of pamphlet paper.

 

“Who still uses flyers to advertise a stupid party?” Dasom chuckled, taking the paper from Bora’s hands.

 

“It’s not just any party, it’s at Hanyang University’s biggest fraternity!”

 

Dasom looked at the paper and then looked at Hyejin, an evil smile rising. Hyejin’s eyes widened, knowing exactly where Dasom’s ideas were heading.

 

“No. No. No.” Hyejin continuously shook her head.

 

“But why not!!” Dasom whined, “Hyejin, this is actually what you need, you’ve been so submerged in school you forget to have fun!”

 

“But I-”

 

“No buts. You, young lady, are going.” Dasom crossed her arms.

 

Hyejin knew it was useless arguing with Dasom.

 

After a little, Hyejin grumpily replied, “Fine.”

 

“Oh my God, I’m so excited!” Bora jumped around excitedly while Dasom had a content look on her face.

 

Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to let loose a little.

 

Hyejin thought.

 

____________________________________________________________________________



10 P.M. rolled around faster than the girls expected. As soon as the girls opened the door to the frat house, the stench of weed and sweat hit their noses. There was also most no room and the music masked all the conversations.

 

“I give it ten minutes until Bora smashes some frat dude upstairs!” Dasom yelled over the music.

 

“Which frat dude is upstairs?” Bora yelled back.

 

Hyejin laughed while being stuck in the middle of her two friends. 



Sooner or later, the three girls separated. Dasom seemed to be playing beer pong with her Medical Society team while Bora was upstairs… probably smashing some frat dude. Hyejin on the balcony, alone, while she swished her drink in one hand, looking out at the city which she called home. 

 

“Hey beautiful.” A stranger greeted, stepping up to the railing.

 

“Hi.” Hyejin curtly responded. 

 

“Someone as beautiful as you shouldn’t be out here alone.”

 

“I’m really not looking for anything today.” Hyejin answered.

 

“Who said I wanted something like that?” The stranger looked to Hyejin.

 

“Isn’t that what every boy wants at a fraternity party?” Hyejin eyed the stranger.

 

“No.” The stranger defended. 

 

There was silence while they both stood in silence while wind blew Hyejin’s hair, exposing her collarbones. The stranger was nonetheless interested in her. Even though Hyejin was trying to hide the fact that she was definitely tipsy, the reek and her slight sway from side to side wasn’t helping her case. Hyejin knew it was a little dangerous for her to be alone with a boy, especially when she couldn’t defend herself properly.

 

“I’m going to go get a little more to drink.” Hyejin tried to excuse herself.

 

As Hyejin turned around, the stranger that was right next to her was right in front of her.

 

“I think you’ve had enough, let’s get you somewhere where you can lay down.” The stranger’s eyes glinted with excitement and lust. 

 

At this point, Hyejin knew she was in danger. She knew she had to try and find Dasom, but she just couldn’t.

 

“I should go.” Hyejin tried to leave again, but the man grabbed her wrists. She gasped as her eyes widened.

 

“I think you should lay down.” The man’s hands tightened on her wrists.

 

Hyejin was helpless, but she wouldn’t give up.

 

With all her might, Hyejin kneed the man in between her legs, but to no avail, it only made him angrier.

 

“Stupid !” 

 

The man pulled his hand back to strike Hyejin as she shut her eyes, preparing to have a bruise on her cheek.

 

Suddenly, she felt her hands let loose and it go silent. When she opened her eyes, the man was on the ground, holding the side of his stomach. She looked up and found a man standing in front of her. He had a cap on so it was a little hard to see his face.

Before Hyejin could say anything, she was being pulled away.

 

The last thing she remembered was weaving through a sweaty crowd and leaving through the front door.

 

____________________________________________________________________________



Parties were not for Jungkook. He stared at the paper that was dropped off to his apartment door on his kitchen counter. 

 

it. Why would I even go?

 

Later at night, Jungkook did what any college boy would do on a Saturday night. Play video games.

 

“What the ! Why didn’t he ing die!” Jungkook threw his headset across the table.

 

It landed on the same paper he was looking at a couple hours ago. Leaning back, Jungkook thought about going.

 

it.

 

He grabbed his jacket and sooner than later headed out the door. 

 

____________________________________________________________________________



Jungkook wasn’t really in the part attire, he wore a hoodie with a cap and joggers. He didn’t really think about what he was wearing until he left, but he couldn’t care less. 

 

Maybe I need some alcohol to get in the mood.

 

“Chug! Chug! Chug!” 

 

Jungkook couldn’t even get to the drinks because of the imbeciles holding the man upside down while he drank the whole keg. Bored out of his mind, Jungkook was going to leave when he saw a man on the balcony towering what looked like to be a helpless girl. Squeezing through the crowd, Jungkook opened the sliding door to the balcony, strode over to the man and round-kicked him in the side. He then looked at the girl in front of him.

 

God she looks so wasted.

 

Jungkook then realized it was the girl that offered him her book. His eyes widened and before the man could get back up, he grabbed her hand and left the party. 

 

***

Jungkook to the rescue <3