Thirteenth Sketch

Sketch of Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you mean what's this?" Manager Kim confusingly asked. "That's your results, I mean I am not even surprised since we get the same every year. You are a perfect athlete, Yonghwa."

Yonghwa placed the paper on the table. He is confused than anybody else. "W-what about the articles?"

"What articles? That you are seeing a hotshot chef?" Then he handed the newspaper. "Good gracious, I keep handing stuff to you kid." He chuckled. "This news is perfect for you, Jung Yonghwa. Either not true or let it be, I am not taking this down in the media. We'll be having league soon so I am keeping this just in case we need some spotlight."

Yonghwa looked at the headline and made his face more sour. "Jieun?" He saw the photo under the headline, Jieun and him are sitting intimately in a cafe while laughing together. At this point of time, he can only think of Shinhye. Did she see this? What is happening? He feels like waking up with a bad prank for him. "I think I need to go now." He stand up. "Thank you for the coffee."

 

"Player Jung, you are not going anywhere. We have a training today." Manager Kim said, in a tone of a braggy general manager.

 

***

 

"Seojun!" Yonghwa shouted. They are at the field doing some sets of warm up workout.

"Jung Yonghwa, what's up?" Seojun smiled but his tone is very unfamiliar with Yonghwa.

Yonghwa looked at him again. "What's wrong with you? What's with the cold tone? I am so eager to see you because a lot of things doesn't make sense to me."

Seojun faced him as well. "I actually want to asked you the same thing. What's wrong with you? Have we become close overnight? We rarely talk to each other on this team just in case you didn't know."

 

"Let him be." Their head coach laughs and taps Seojun's back to set the vibe lighter. "Manager Kim told me to cut some slack to Yonghwa, he said he don't get much sleep these days. Maybe because he is dating?"

"That's not true!" Yonghwa said in defense. "Jieun is just a friend."

Seojun just smiled at him and left. That very unfamiliar smiling face once again.

 

 

At the locker, Yonghwa followed Seojun. "Seojun, please."

"Jung Yonghwa, maybe our coach and GM will be patient on you but not me. Just let me be."

After opening his locker door. "I remember now, the stars." Yonghwa whispered. "Is this it?"

Seojun slowly closed his own door. "I do not know what you are talking about. Stars? What are you a kid?" He wears his jacket.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter