oo5

I hate that you're happy (NCT Ten Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

oo5

 

 

"Why do people cheat?" He rolled his eyes. 

 

"Is it because of the short-timed pleasure?" He sighed deeply.

 

"or is it because of the dormant excitement awakened by the other party?"

 

Ten irritatingly kicked the living room table in front of him, stopping Winwin from his ridiculous monologue. 

 

The younger snapped his head towards his friend indignantly

 

"Hey! That one's expensive!" He complained. "Be careful with the glass will you?"

 

Ten shot Winwin a look before mimicking him, irking the younger. "Yah—you—" he stopped himself before he could even think about brawling with the older. He knows what Ten is going through right now. 

 

"You're crazy, you know that?" Winwin sighed, dropping his fist to his side before going over to where his is, taking a seat on the couch across him. 

 

"So, why did you come here? This is Anyang, you know? and your flat's in Chongdamdong?" He crossed his arms, leaning back. "You can't possibly tell me you missed me after you locked yourself —"

 

"I saw Jinsil today."

 

Winwin's eyes enlarged. "And?" He leaned forward, catching the guy's eyes. Ten frowned. 

 

"She's with the guy in the social media."

 

"I knew it!" Winwin straightened his body and snapped his fingers in the air. The older arched one brow at him. 

 

"You see, she may have cheated because—"

 

"You're still up to that theory?" 

 

The younger shot him a look as if he has grown two heads. He nodded.

 

"Listen, my friend." Winwin continued. "The two of you brought two months ago. And she's acting all lovey-dovey with some unknown guy. What could that mean, right? It means she met him somewhere along when the two of you were still going out. Come on, we have a three-month rule! it's impossible for her to move on easily in the span of two months. Use your head, chingu!" He pointed to his temple, eyeing the older seriously. 

 

"The why did she cheated? She could have just told me earlier she doesn't want to continue things anymore." He sighed, demanding answers from the younger. 

 

Winwin shrugged. "I don't know. But one thing's for sure..." He trailed off purposely, wanting to catch Ten's full attention, which successfully did because in no time, the older had himself leaning closer to him when he made come hither motions with his hand. 

 

"When a person cheats, it's not because she necessarily wants to. It's because she wasn't sure of her feelings yet herself, and she was afraid of rushing things. You know, like what if she broke up with you, and find out she didn't actually like the other guy? she will lose you. And so, when the time comes that she's finally sure of what she's feeling for the guy, she told you she wanted to call everything quits."

 

"So probably, she just doesn't want to end up with nothing?"

 

"I dont know but—"

 

"That bull, Winwin." 

 

Winwin eyed the guy who was balling his fists tightly, his eyes shaking. 

 

"That would only prove how selfish she is."

 

"Ten-hyung—"

 

"I need to go."

 

"What?! Where to?!" Winwin swung his body around, eyeing the guy who was walking towards his door. 

 

"Just somewhere, thanks for the refreshments."

 

And the door slammed shut, leaving the blinking choreographer all alone. When he finally got passed the shock, he looked at the refreshments on his table. He sighed.

 

"You haven't even drank your orange juice."

 

〰〰〰

 

Ten glared at the photos on his phone screen, feeling utterly betrayed.

 

It's been two months, two months and she has already moved on?

 

No, scratch that. 

 

What she was doing right now, obviously it was just more than moving on. 

 

He needed to talk to her, and there's only one way of doing that. He could just call her, but the woman had changed for phone number after they broke up, must be afraid that he might reach her through it that's why changed it immediately. 

 

With that thought in mind, Ten approached the bus stop hopping on the first ride going to her workplace.

 

The ride going to her workplace wasn't long. In no time, the ex- boyfriend was striding towards the reception desk at the company's lobby.

 

The woman behind the desk instantly knew her as one of the employee's lover so she smiled at him brightly. He greeted her the same. 

 

"How may I help you?"

 

She may know him but of course she shouldn't pry, so she asked for his business. 

 

"uh," the guy started awkwardly, even if he was already seething in anger inside. He was doing his best to calm down and not go berserk right on the spot. "Is Gong Jinsil in? I have a business with her. She knows me."

 

The receptionist smiled kindly. She knew this guy will be looking for the HR worker. After all, he is her boyfriend. She had seen him fetching the pretty girl once in a while and she can't hide the envy she felt every time the man showers his girl with sweet smiles and gentle ministrations. 

 

"Oh, she was out since forty-five minutes earlier to eat. But I guess she's on her way back now . Oh there she is!"

 

At the lady's revelation, Ten turned his head behind to see for his self. Indeed, walking down the lobby oh-so-gracefully was the woman who broke his heart two months ago after eight years of bliss with her. 

 

She was looking down the floor seeming in deep thought before she sensed somebody's eyes on her. Slowly, she looked up only to have her eyes widening to the size of saucers at her ex-lover's sight. 

 

Strangely, Ten liked how she almost looked horrified to see him at her workplace. He can't help a smirk on his lips as she eyed her sharply. 

 

"Got a few minutes?" He asked in a mocking tone and Jinsil was quick to frown at him. 

 

"No." 

 

The guy was supposed to speak mean things just to antagonize her if it wasn't for her proceeding sentence. 

 

"My break will be over in five minutes. Let's talk after work." 

 

He nodded quietly. 

 

With that being said, Jinsil walked past her ex lover not until she stopped at the mention of her name. 

 

She didn't turn around nor responded at his calling. 

 

"Where's the new guy?" He challenged, burning holes at the back of her head. 

 

The woman heaved a deep sigh before answering him. "He's out on an afternoon meeting with the HR Head." 

 

And she left him behind, knowing fully well that she had already filled his cup of curiosity.

 

Believing her words, Ten waited outside the company building until 5 o' clock in the afternoon, the female obviously taken aback seeing him sitting on the pavers, playing with a stone.

 

Seeing him still there after five hours, Gong Jinsil was taken aback for a moment, eyeing his current state. 

 

He must have been cold. 

 

She shook her head harshly. She shouldn't worry for him anymore. Especially now that they were over. It was him who wanted to talk, so he must suit his self. 

 

Walking towards him, Jinsil removed her thick jacket from her body, extending it out to the unaware guy. Only when the jacket hit his line of sight did Ten realized that the wanted presence was already there. 

 

"Wear this before you get sick."

 

She didn't know what came to her but after seeing him shivering (probably due to the cold) she acted out of instinct and worried for him. 

 

She guessed the care doesn't go away easily. 

 

He shook his head promptly. "No thanks." He started, standing up before dusting his pants of the dirt, "You wear that instead. You get cold easily," walking on ahead, leaving her behind. 

 

His rejection stirred something ugly inside her chest, as if her cardiac was being crumpled and she frowned at the way she reacted. 

 

Was she hoping he'd take the jacket she's offering?

 

The pair ended up in a samgyeopsal tent after a ten minute work from the woman's workplace. Jinsil sat opposite Ten uncomfortably while he  ordered a few bottles of soju for the both of them. All the while he was talking to the tent owner, his ex- girlfriend was eyeing his every move, wondering how he could be so calm at this time. 

 

Not long after the orders had been taken, the awkward silence lingered in the atmosphere. She was studying every crooks on the table while she can feel his burning stare on her. 

 

Nobody opened their mouths for a long time, seemingly studying each other's move. When the guy was finally ready to speak his mind, their orders arrived on the table which stopped him from doing as he pleased. 

 

Ten thanked the servers politely before he went to fumble with the portable stove for a while and readying the meat. After the preparations, he lay the meat on the pan before reaching one bottle of soju, half-filling his shot glass. 

 

"Eat up." He muses as he motioned towards the stove, knowing fully well the other doesn't want to do things at the moment. "Don't be shy," he added. "We used to do this a lot way back in high school." 

 

It's true though, before go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter