Show You

OMW 2: Fallin All In

MIMI.

 

Mimi's parents decided to bring her back home for a while, they needed to talk. It wasn't supposed to be a big deal but it greatly affected Mimi so much that she couldn't talk to her family because of internal confusion; whether it hurts that Shiah could actually marry another man if it wasn't her brother because of her parents, or that she feels devastated about the fact that her family was actually connected to Shiah's for a while and she never knew about it, her brother almost gone to an agreement with Shiah's parents and Shiah almost became her sister-in-law, and that she feels bad because she's coming in between of their family's business when her parents have been doing everything for her all along and this is what she repays them. 

 

"Mihyun, you should at least eat your food." Her father says, Mimi didn't realize that she's been staring at nothing for too long. Right, she hasn't even touched her food yet. 

 

"I'm sorry, mom, dad.. I'm sorry if I acted that way." She started, her voice was tiny, maybe because she isn't used to this. Her mother who was sitting next to her patter her hand and smiled at her. 

 

"It wasn't something we all expected, right? Don't worry, okay? It's alright for me and your father. Hm?" Mimi looked at her mom who was like soothing her. Earlier she found out that they told Shiah's father that they wouldn't be engaging into a marriage set up with Minhyuk and Yooa. Which was okay of course, but still, something feels off. It was really unexpected. 

 

"Mihyun, are you mad at us?" Her father asks. She immediately shook her head, muttering a 'no'. She looked at her brother across her who's busy eating. 

 

Her father must have noticed that she's still not okay, suddenly she saw him placing a piece of fried chicken leg on her plate. Mimi and her dad both liked this chicken part, and so this act means he wants her to make up with him. Mimi smiled and looked at him. 

 

"Now now, there you go. Smile Mihyun. I don't like it when my daughter is sad." 

 

Mrs. Kim chuckles and patted Mimi's shoulder. "Now, what's your plan with your girlfriend?" Oh right. 

 

Ever since they got home, Mimi never really had a solid decision on what she'd do with Shiah. Will she take a risk? Will that risk do something good for Shiah? 

 

"Your girlfriend doesn't know that they're your parents." Minhyuk finally spoke, Mimi watched as he slurped on the soup.

 

"Why talk like we're not your parents, Minhyuk?" Mr. Kim lightly hit Minhyuk's shoulder, the guy chuckling as he looks at Mimi who's already finished with her food now. 

 

"I mean.. maybe you could talk to your girlfriend about what happened. What if she wants to stay with you after all? That would be hella dramatic-" Her brother was cut off by her father's hit once again. Mimi just smiled and excused herself, she's still not decided, there are so many options for how many outcomes as to how she'll solve this heart problem. 

 

First, she has to tell Shiah about the cancelation of her supposed meeting with Mimi's parents. So she took her phone, there were messages from Shiah, 3 missed calls. She sighed before sending her a text. She also sent a message to their group chat saying she wouldn't go to school for a few days because she went back to the province. She saw Shiah's messages, contemplating whether to text her back and explain everything but she can't. Mimi is a coward.

 

--

 

Mimi reached Hyejin's house. She remembers the first time she went here and how she was starting to fall in love for Shiah by that time. Nice, right time to be sentimental. If she continues to walk inside, she will have to face Shiah. Is she ready? Today will be her downfall, and Mimi isn't sure if she's ready to fall in pain. 

 

Can this be called distress? Mimi is sitting beside Shiah because Jiho wanted to sit next to Arin and she has no choice. It wasn't awkward for Mimi but she knows that the girl next to her is confused because Mimi is silent. She doesn't want to, but she's in deep thought. Internally, she just wants to act normal, let Shiah be clingy to her like they always do but she can't. She can't even look at the girl because she's sure that is she does, she wouldn't be able to resist her. 

 

Why did things had to be this complicated? Mimi made sure that she would be with her girlfriend, for the last time, on their way home. This is the time. The time she fears the most. Mimi stopped walking, her heart was already aching even when she hasn't said a word yet. 

 

"Let's break up." That's it, she thought about it for the time she stayed at the province. It's the only thing that would set her and Shiah from pain. Let's face it, they can't be together happily. Mimi came to a conclusion that soon, Shiah would have to leave her. She doesn't hold her decisions. Who is Mimi when it comes to Mr. Yoo? Nothing, just a pain and a burden for Shiah. Surely, Shiah's parents would get mad once they found out about Mimi. Mimi was sure of it. And the thought of Shiah being stressed about it pains her, she doesn't want the girl she loves the most to be depressed about her. This is the only way, to let go of her as soon as she can. 

 

"I'm tired" That wasn't true, Mimi wanted to hit herself for saying that but it's the only way to convince Shiah. She could see sadness in Shiah's eyes. What now Mimi? What have you done? 

 

But no, this is for the better. This is for you, Shiah. Please forgive me. She wanted to hug her and pull Shiah in her arms but she can't. Mimi is an idiot and she knows that she will regret this so much because she would never find another one like Shiah. Then why am I letting go? 

 

Screw you, Mimi. 

 

-

 

"So, what you're saying is that Yooa almost got engaged to your brother that's why you broke up with her, am I wrong or you're a little stupid?" Seunghee's voice echoed around Mimi's room. The owner of the room was sitting on her bed, hugging her knees while holding her phone, with Seunghee walking back and forth around the room. 

 

Mimi didn't answer, she's too occupied by the fact that she hurt Shiah. she doesn't even know why she's staring at her phone right now, why would Shiah even call you after you broke her heart? 

 

"And you didn't even explain to her why you did that." Jiho seconded, busy eating a cup of noodles on Mimi's table. 

 

"I'm calling Arin." Seunghee says, which made Mimi and Jiho look up to her. 

 

"Hey, why are you calling her?" Jiho asks, suddenly not interested with the food but on the Arin topic instead. 

 

"Mimi has us. But I'm pretty sure Yooa is carrying the pain all by herself thanks to our great friend, Mimi. I'll tell her to tell Yooa to move on" Seunghee explains as she dials Arin's number. 

 

"Right! She doesn't deserve you." Jiho joked, going back to eating her noodles again. 

 

Mimi sighed, what have I done? For a moment, she wanted to go back and take back everything she said. I should've just told her what happened.. but she'd be in trouble if she stays with me. . 

 

Weeks passed, major examinations came and it's really fortunate for Mimi as she could divert her attention away from Shiah. She studied hard, almost 18 out of her every 24 hours was only for studying. Jiho said she's going way too hard on herself but Mimi doesn't mind. The one thing she wants to do is let go of Shiah from her thoughts. 

 

To be honest, losing the girl is like a sudden change in her life routine, she got used to thinking about Shiah almost everytime that in her everyday plans, there was always a Shiah time. Maybe this is karma, Mimi was a jerk for hurting Shiah. And now it's hitting her mental and emotional state that she couldn't live a proper day without breaking down at least once before she sleeps. She wasn't used to crying, but sometimes, the pain was really unbearable. 

 

Their group still gather for lunch, but Shiah and Mimi never interacted with each other. Mimi would enter the room with Jiho and Seunghee and Shiah was always busy reading, or using her phone, or talking to their friends except Mimi. Shiah never once looked at Mimi. It's as if Mimi never existed, really stressing out Mimi the more she thinks about what she did to the girl. At least she's thankful that the group wasn't affected by their breakup. The girl never texted or called her again after she broke up with her. Not even once, and Mimi isn't complaining. She deserves it. The only thing she complains about is the guy named Junsun who kept waiting for Shiah on the school gate every dismissal, and every guy who kept coming for Shiah.

 

It was a week after their breakup when they were eating and a guy -- who seems familiar to Mimi, she guesses he is a senior in Shiah's department -- knocked on their door, saying he's giving Shiah's book back. Mimi wondered if it's really natural to see new people around your ex after your break up. Ah.. right, there was even a guy with her on the mall, and the guy she was with on their house who also fetches her sometimes. Mimi can't pull it together, has Shiah already moved on? But why should I wish that she hasn't yet? I broke up with her, it's normal to move on. 

 

"Yooa? Here's the book I borrowed earlier." the guy says, standing by the doorway. Shiah stood up, excusing herself from the group. The others were unbothered by it but Mimi couldn't stop looking at the two.

 

"You look good in your glasses." That's the last sentence she heard from the guy before the two walked out of the room to talk. She can't hear what they were talking about but she could see Shiah smiling, they looked like they're having fun by just talking. 

 

Jealousy. Mimi felt so jealous she wants to punch herself all the time it pops in her head; the way Shiah smiled so natural and beautiful when other people talks to her. 


 

Mimi sighed as she removed her reading glasses. Last Friday, Mimi heard from Jiho that Shiah was with another guy in the library.  I was supposed to be positive but everything I could think of.. is you liking someone else now.

 

What if Shiah really decided to move on from her? Looking back, Shiah rejected her before without thinking. What if Shiah was just trying to get along with Mimi's plans and she actually didn't love Mimi, that's why she moved on easily? Damn, Mimi, you're being selfish right now. How could you doubt your ex-girlfriend when you're the one who hurt her?

 

Stressed, Mimi takes her beanie and changes to her sweatshirt. I'll just buy coffee to set these thoughts free. 

 

It was cold once again, Mimi remembers how she used to stroll out at night back then. That's how I met her. Very nostalgic, it now feels sentimental for her to remember Shiah out of everything she encounters. 

 

Mimi looked up at the sky, there were a few stars, peacefully lighting up enough for Mimi to smile. 

 

YOOA. 

 

"Good morning puffer fish." Junsun teased as Yooa walked out of her room, carrying her shoulder bag. Ignoring her brother, she proceeds to walk downstairs. Puffer fish, is it too obvious that she cried all night? Her brother continued to follow her.

 

"Wear your glasses. Or else mom and dad would ask about your girlfriend." says Junsun which made Yooa stop, she turned back to face her brother with that goofy smile. 

 

Junsun acted shocked, covering his mouth before saying, "Oops- ex-girlfriend." 

 

Yooa rolled her eyes and hit her brother with her book. "You knew?" She asks, sighing as she hugs her book once again. 

 

"I saw you with her last time I visited your school." He rubs his chin, as if recalling what he saw. Yooa remained silent. Her brother smiled and looked at her, patting her shoulders. 

 

"It's okay to cry. But in case you want her back, you should stop crying and do something about it."

 

"She got tired of me.. How am I supposed to fix that?"

 

"Only you can answer that." Junsun chuckles and patted Yooa's head before walking ahead. 

 

He's so weird. Yooa sighs once again then followed her brother. She heard her mom calling from the dining room, which stresses her again. She doesn't want to eat, she doesn't have an appetite to do so. 

 

"Mr. Kim already signed the partnership with our business. Junsun will be taking over of the company soon, and you should befriend his children. Alright?" It was their father, talking about business again. It's like a tradition for him to talk about business while eating. 

 

"And Shiah," Her mom spoke. Shiah looked at her parents with the usual unsatisfied faces. 

 

"We will let you stay in your apartment again." Oh? Yooa's face lightened up. She saw her parents smiling at her, they might have noticed how it excites Yooa. At least there's one good thing that day. 

 

It didn't last long, when Yooa returned to her apartment, her memories with Mihyun came back at instant. Mihyun's drawings on her study table, her coat, and even her bed reminds her of Mihyun. As if reminding her that she couldn't feel happy, that something is missing... and that was Mihyun. 

 

Yooa couldn't find the courage to approach Mihyun. Was she too comfortable that she didn't know about Mihyun slowly getting tired of her? Why didn't I see this coming? What must she do? No, she saw this coming, she knew everyone wouldn't be able to handle her. Maybe Mihyun did, and maybe Yooa abused Mihyun's kindness. I hate this. 

 

Arin called Yooa the day after their break up, but she couldn't answer the call. Maybe because she doesn't want to open up yet. It was their third day after the breakup when the group found out. Or maybe Seunghee and Jiho already knew because they were always with Mihyun. Yooa just arrived in the room when JinE asked her where Mihyun is. All of them looked at her, waiting for her answer. That's when she realized that she has to tell them too. 

 

"We broke up." Three words that were like a stone stuck in , it was so hard to say it. Her friends comforted her of course, she told them she was fine but she was anticipating from Seunghee and Jiho because they were the closest to Mihyun. Hoping that they knew if she still has a chance on getting back with Mihyun. But Mihyun entered the room and everything went silent. 

 

Good timing. Thankfully, Arin and Yubin diverted the topic to another one. At least the tension went off. The rest of the following days were just lonely days for Yooa. Her friends didn't ask her again about the breakup, maybe they figured that she doesn't want to talk about it.

 

Mihyun looks happy. That's what Yooa noticed as she watches the girl hang out with Seunghee and Jiho. She wonders if Mihyun is feeling free now. Yooa suddenly couldn't recall if Mihyun was really happy with her. Negative thoughts reigns her mind. It . 

 

"Yooa unnie." Arin calls. Yooa looked at the girl and smiled faintly when she saw what Arin is holding. A yogurt. 

 

"You can have this.. I bought some earlier and I thought I could share them with you guys." Arin says, shyly. Yooa thanked her, not forgetting to pinch the girl's cheek because she's just so cute. After giving Yooa the yogurt, Arin hopped towards Jiho who's busy playing cards with Mihyun, Seunghee and JinE. 

 

"You should try to be happy too. Staring at her like that won't do any good for you." Yooa looked at the voice next to her, it was Yubin. The two sat on the edge of the classroom. It miraculously happened that their classes were suspended that day and the group managed to gather in the room. The others were busy playing. Hyojung was sleeping on the opposite side of the room. Only Yubin joined Yooa.

 

"I know it's hard. You two were really close. But for some reasons, people just really had to be separated. Sometimes, you just can't be with the person you like the most and you have to accept it or else you won't enjoy your life." Yubin added, staring on what's across them. Looks like Yubin was pertaining to a specific person. Who was it? Which one? Yooa closed her eyes for a moment, she doesn't want to guess right now. 

 

"So, you want me to move on from her?" Yooa asks, resting her head against the wall.

 

Yubin chuckles. "Nope. But I want you to focus on other things instead of stressing yourself from Mimi unnie."

 

Hmm..

 

Yubin took the yogurt from Yooa's hand and stood up. "Let's go get some soda. Yogurt is boring." The girl says, walking out of the room.

 

Yooa chuckles and follows Yubin. She got the joke, Yubin was talking about Arin's purity, yogurt is really just for kids. Siblings. 

 

Before leaving the room, Yooa glanced once again at Mihyun. That one quick glance, she was sure that Mihyun was looking back at her. It made Yooa's heart skip a beat and caused her to stumble as she closed the door behind her. That's when someone held her arms, helping her to stand properly. Yooa knows this guy. He's famous in her department but she couldn't remember the name so she just bowed and thanked him. 

 

There was a notification on Yooa's phone, followed by a phone call, it was that guy from her department again. She immediately ignored the call, she doesn't even know how these guys got her contact number.

 

Even before Mihyun started courting Yooa back then, there really were some guys who tried to impress her. What's upsetting is that, Yooa is now mostly alone in the hallways, classrooms and library, some guys kept showing up. She doesn't know if it's part of the break up or moving on process but it really frustrates her.  At first, she was being nice and lets them borrow her notes, or her books, but it bothers her a lot. Why was Mihyun comfortable with Kei back then? Yooa couldn't even study well because some of her notes gone missing. Annoyed, she decided to just go back to her usual self, it's been three weeks now. And she has to at least make a progress with this moving on state. These guys aren't helping her, they're nothing compared to Mihyun..

 

Last Friday, Yooa failed to pass her major exam. She admits that she's distracted. How can she focus when she has a lot of things troubling her mind in the past days? Sure, Mihyun doesn't want her back and now how is Yooa going to take care of herself? Why is Mihyun affecting her so much? Why does she love Mihyun so much? Why can't she be happy like how Mihyun is now?

 

Yooa felt her phone buzzing. It was her dad this time. These days, her parents has been holding her a little loose, letting her do what she wants. Even sending her a set of new clothes, from her mom maybe. Are they making up from their arrogance? She finds it amusing how losing Mihyun grants her to be this free. 

 

"Yes, dad?" 

 

"I gave you what you want, why couldn't you pass your exam?" Ah.. rightWhat else should she expect? He's mad at her again.

 

"Sorry dad.. I'll do better-"

 

"No, you're being a brat and stubborn. How would you becom successful at this rate? You're only proving your worthlessness." 

 

Yooa felt a pain on her chest as she heard him talking. Isn't he being harsh? 

 

"Dad.. I wasn't feeling good."

 

"Stop pretending! I have given you my word. You will go back here and you will meet Mr. Kim's son. If you won't give me good results, then I have to do something to pull you up." 

 

Yooa held her phone tight as her eyes started tearing up. She had enough. Is this what they think she is? She feels so belittled. Yooa wiped off the tears on her cheeks before speaking.

 

"I don't need that. I can live by myself. I can decide for myself. I'm not pretending. I'm a person too, when will you realize that I can be stressed too? That I'm having a hard time too? I just want to live happily, I want a normal life, why can't you let me do that?" Scared, terrified, anxious, Yooa ended the call. 

 

She looked around her room, feeling suffocated. Her heart feels like it is being squeezed hard. Suddenly, Yooa wanted to be freed, she ran out of her apartment. Yooa often felt this way before, it only stopped when she had Mimi. Now she lost her.

 

Everyone is like a coffee to Yooa. Keeping her up all night which don't actually cause any good to her body. Mihyun is that strong coffee, but addicting. Her parents are like bland coffees, she couldn't even enjoy being with them. 

 

Yooa bumped to some kids around her age as she run on the streets.  Her chest feels tight, so tight that she wants to break free from every single negativity in her mind. I want to cry. I want to end this. She rested her palm on her chest, stopping from her tracks. Her heart might be beating fast from running but it didn't help the heavy feelings inside her. Yooa looked up at the sky.

 

Somehow, the peaceful sky made Yooa feel insecure. I wish I can just be a star. I'd just rest there and disappear every morning. Her thoughts flew along the wind, they didn't actually vanished. Her thoughts disappeared but she knows they're still around her, caging her and will soon attack her. 

 

Sighing, Yooa looked down and scanned the streets again, why.. out of all places do I have to be here? On the same street where I first met Mihyun..? Life really is upsetting, this is too corny, why is life being hard on her? Normally, in dramas, the main characters experiences pain but soon achieve happily ever after and the drama ends... But why is my life like this? It's like I'm going in circles, experiencing the same pain over and over again. When will this end? 

 

Yooa thought maybe she wasn't the main character after all. Maybe she's just an extra prop for her parents' deeds and goals. Right.. maybe. 

 

But does all extra prop meet the love of their life after breakup on the same exact place where they first met? 

 

Because Yooa did. 

 

Standing across her was Mihyun, with her hands on her pocket, staring at Yooa. 

 

Have I already said that the anxieties were just caging me, ready to attack me? Well here they did now. Yooa doesn't know why but when she saw how Mihyun looks at her, she felt the urge to run towards the other girl and hug her. Was it wrong? Was it a a bad idea to hug your ex when you're feeling down and depressed? 

 

No.. It felt so right. The way Mihyun held Yooa in her arms gave Yooa the strength to wash away all the thoughts that were bothering her. For the first time again, Yooa felt free. She missed Mihyun so much. She doesn't know what this mean.. the two of them hugging in the middle of the night, on the remarkable street.. but it made her so happy. It's like every tear that Yooa was building up inside her bursted out, emptying the bottle of sadness she's been keeping all along. I miss you, Mihyun. Is what she wants to say but she can't. Her emotions are rapidly striking her, she could only cry. 

 

I need you Mihyun. 

 

No, I love you so much. 

 

No. 

 

"I.. want you b-back." Yooa says between her sobs, her face buried on Mihyun's chest. The taller hugged her tighter, slowly patting her back.

 

"I'm just here." Mimi muttered.

 

The remaining part will be a combination of Mihyun and Shiah's POV. Shiah's thoughts are the orange ones while Mihyun's will be the green ones.

 

"Why are you here?" Shiah asks. After crying on Mihyun's arms, they sat on the bench, just like they always do. Shiah knows that it just coincidentally happened that she has to meet Mihyun here again. For Mihyun, it was fate. Maybe this is how life tries to fix Mihyun and Shiah's mistakes.  They both didn't know why this happened, or what fate wants to do with them. But it would always depends on the two of them, whether to do something about this; fate already served Shiah to me again, why would I run away? Mihyun thought. 

 

"I sensed that you would come here.." Mihyun says, of course that's a lie. But she's trying to make it comfortable for Shiah to talk.

 

"Stop lying, how dare you flirt with me after breaking up with me?" Shiah chuckles, it was bittersweet. Bitter by the fact that Mihyun is her ex-girlfriend and sweet because talking to Mihyun makes her feel really good.

 

"I don't know.. I was stressed so I went out. How are you?" Dumb, Mihyun. Mihyun wanted to punch herself again in the face, the girl clearly broke down in front of you earlier, how could you ask her is she's okay?

 

"I'm okay.." Shiah answers, that's right. She really is okay. She feels better now after being with Mihyun. Now remembering that other than being lovers, Mihyun also became her friend.

 

Mihyun smiled and fished her hand in her pocket. Shiah looked at her and saw Mihyun taking out a candy from it. 

 

Chuckling as Mihyun took her hand and gave her the candy, Shiah spoke. "You still have candies on your pocket huh?"

 

"I did my best not to change because I don't want you to be left out from my life." Mihyun defended, it was just a simple phrase with the normal tone of Mihyun's voice but why did it made Shiah's heart jump. Am I obviously whipped? Shiah thought, she eats the candy to divert her thoughts. Erasing the fluttering feeling in her mind, she wonders if it's the right time to open up about what happened.

 

"You got tired though.." Shiah finally says, if not now... then when would it be? It didn't took long until Mihyun answers.

 

"I didn't. I just had to do it. Sorry." Mihyun's answers were plain and straight to the point, she doesn't want to confuse Shiah anymore. Maybe it's the right time for her to speak her side.

 

But, it only confused Shiah. Weeks ago, Mihyun told her that she's tired and now.. she's saying the opposite. Why is she suddenly denying it? Or is she taking it back?

 

"I will listen." Shiah says, assuring Mihyun that she'll try her best to understand. It's getting late at night but it's okay. The two of them seem to really need to talk about this.

 

--

 

"You're an idiot." That's the first thing Shiah said after Mihyun told her about what happened. Mihyun sighed, nodding. She knows she is.

 

I understand now. It was really complicated. Shiah knew she'd do the same if she was in Mihyun's shoes. But things bothered her; First, she literally interacted with Mihyun's parents and she didn't know about it. 

 

"Oh, we're really sorry about that. But we could introduce our daughter to your child, if you'd like it." Shiah remembers Mihyun's father saying this. Which somehow excites her. Back then, she thought that they were talking about her brother, but Mihyun's parents were really trying to pursue Mihyun and Shiah together.. how nice of them. But it can't be, Shiah also knows that her father wouldn't let her. 

 

Second, Mihyun was jealous of her brother, Junsun. She chuckles. Mihyun immediately furrowed her eyebrows, waiting for Shiah's comment. 

 

"Why are you laughing?" Mihyun asks, she can't believe that Shiah finds this funny when she couldn't sleep because of all that happened.

 

"Why is it so easy for you to think of bad things about me?" Shiah asks back, because thinking about it.. Mihyun thought she was cheating on her. 

 

Mihyun on the other hand, is guilty. But maybe Shiah was really lacking too, she should have explained everything to Mihyun when she had a chance. She should've told the girl about how serious her father was when it comes to business. They just got really lucky that the business partner of Mr. Yoo happened to be Mihyun's parents. What if it wasn't them? What if time comes and Shiah really has to be engage with some guy her father wishes her to be with? 

 

That's what upsets Shiah.. and Mihyun too. Because it looks like Shiah's life wasn't in her hands. Well it really isn't. Shiah doesn't know what would happen tomorrow after what she said to her father earlier, maybe they'll kick her out or something? Thinking about her family pulls her down to anxiety that she feels intoxicated. She'd rather not think about it right now.

 

If I asked you back then to stay with me, would you stay?

 

If I begged for you to not break up with me, will you change your mind?

 

"Why didn't you slap me? I told you to slap me when I get tired of you." Shiah was lost in her thoughts and only came back when Mihyun asked her again. 

 

Mihyun has been thinking about the words she'll be saying. It's like she's standing at the edge of the cliff that once she say the wrong words, she'd end up falling; either fall back into Yooa or fall out of Yooa's zone. I shouldn't have done it in the first place.

 

"I didn't want to hurt you." Shiah answers, she thought about it already. If she'd slap Mihyun or not, because she remembers Mihyun sealing that deal with her but she can't find the courage to slap the girl. She wouldn't want to hurt her.. or hurt herself by hearing rejection from Mihyun. 

 

"I'm sorry for hurting you." Mihyun can't find any better words than that. So she sticks with it, she's sorry, she didn't want to hurt Shiah but she still ended up doing it. A part of Mihyun is hoping that this conversation will end with Shiah forgiving her.. and perhaps coming back to her. Sounds selfish but.. when Shiah said the words 'i want you back' earlier, Mihyun knew her heart raced, she wants the same. 

 

"It's okay, it happened already." Shiah fiddled with her fingers as she says those words, hoping Mihyun would get the hint that she's ready to welcome her back if she'd be pleased to. 

 

Silence. 

 

There was silence but little did the two know, they were both thinking of the same thing. Should I ask her? 

 

"Please come back to me."

 

"I feel empty without you." 

 

The two stared at each other. Realizing that they spoke at the same time, Mihyun and Shiah laughed together. Smiling their blissful hearts out, Mihyun then held Shiah's hand, intertwining their fingers. Shiah smiled back, sitting closer to Mihyun now and resting her head on her lover's shoulder.  

 

"But will you be okay? Will we be okay?" Mihyun asks, rubbing her thumb against Shiah's hand.

 

"We will.. if you would realize that I'm in love with you and that I will fight for you." Shiah says softly, closing her eyes for a moment as the cold breeze touches her skin. Mihyun shifted from her position, wrapping her arm on Shiah's shoulder. 

 

"Sorry.. I got a little insecure." Mihyun apologizes and smiles. People really tend to have bad days and anxieties could attack anyone anytime. It's not just about positivity, it's about endurance. Mihyun looks up at the sky, Take me as an example, I used to be a happy-go-lucky person but life would challenge me no matter what. This is just the beginning, meeting Shiah made me realize that not everything in this world is free, there would be more pain to come, and I have to be ready to endure them, enough to think of a solution without losing the person who matters to me a lot. 

 

"And I think.. I should introduce Junsun to you some time soon." Shiah says as they started walking to Mihyun's place. 

 

"Is he your bestfriend or something? Fetching you and giving you snacks?" Mihyun asks, her jealousy turned into curiosity; if Shiah would date her again, then it means that the guy isn't her fling. 

 

"He's my brother, idiot." 

 

"Wha-"

 

Shiah chuckles as Mihyun stopped, she must be really shocked. To end the talk, Shiah just hugged Mihyun's neck and gave the girl a soft kiss. A kiss they couldn't share in the past weeks. I don't know what would happen next after this, but I want you to know that I'll always choose to stay with you no matter what. That was what she wanted Mihyun to feel, and the other girl seems to understand it well. 

 

With happy and satisfied hearts, the two entered Mihyun's room, heading off to sleep as they're both tired and had enough for the day.