the staff & more.

에마논: legacy (second arc: behind and under)

just do it and ask questions later

the ceo: aeran

 fc 

kahi : 18/03 (39) : kim aeran : founder

kim aeran used to be a member of the famous sm girlgroup pink pop! before they broke up in 2003. afterwards, she signed as a solo artist under sm, becoming insanely popular in south korea, japan, china, and all over southeast asia. she was often compared as the female rain in terms of achievements, yet she rarely appear outside music shows and fanmeets and her background remained as obscure as it gets.

just as she reached her peak in 2009, sm announced that her contract had expired and she left on good terms, shocking her fans and the kpop world. journalists and fans tried to pry on her whereabouts, but there was nothing left of her presence; as if she just dissipated into thin air. 

in 2012, a new company called anmo released their first artist, and words got out that she was their ceo. questions asked, none answered and people kind of moved on. aeran remained an enigma, and people who had worked under her always said that while she tend to come off as intimidating and demanding, no one doubted that her releases were top notch, and so were her artists.

 

the new manager : jung

 FC

kim jaewook : 23/01 (38) : choi junghyuk : 5 months

choi junghyuk (also called jung, jung-yi, or jung-jung depending on whoever it is) is emanon's new manager. a master's graduate in chemistry from snu (2013 batch), he was working as an assistant professor for the past years before suddenly postponing his work and switching to become emanon's manager after their previous manager left. while a lot of people (including emanon members) continue to question his sudden decision, he's remained mum about these things and kept his distance with the members.

he mostly brought the members around to the places they needed to be, ensuring that they ended up getting around their schedule on time and working around the problems that they might have. albeit a lot more awkward than jaebin and ridiculously stiff at times, things have gone quite well despite the changes. although he worked in an entirely different field, some staff seemed to have known him for a while.

 

the producer : jisoo

 FC

oh yeonseo : 05/09 (34): kim jion : 7 years

more accurately their creative director, jisoo used to be a trainee of yg in the early 2000s before quitting being a trainee entirely, finding being behind-the-scenes a lot more enjoyable than just appearing in front of people. working on the lower-end staff while studying music later in life, she ended up producing several well-known songs for other girlgroups and boygroups, such as red velvet's 'automatic' and recently blackpink's 'whistle', it's hard to ignore the fact that she is a force to be reckoned with despite her young age. aeran called her up when she'd just started anmo entertainment, an offer she couldn't resist.

usually straight-forward and blunt, jisoo is harsh and tends to be more on the impatient side with the 'less-talented' trainees and gets into the more heated side of anmo's evaluation meetings (even moreso than aeran). but just like their ceo, she values good performances and will give credit when its due. it's just that runs over people a lot more than the company likes, unfortunately.

 

the other manager : jaebin

 FC

jeon sungwoo : 28/11 (32) : jung jaebin : 8 years

jaebin is the sweetheart, baby-faced guy who often gets mistaken as a trainee more often than he likes. polite and yet still quite happy-go-lucky, jaebin is undoubtedly one of the more amicable people in the company (although the bar for that is pretty low). even after staying in the company for a long time, he seemed to enjoy it and was well-liked by the staff.

he joined the company and was assigned as ymer's manager / stylist until emanon's debut, and after the scandal, he suddenly moved back to being ymer's manager. he genuinely loves and cares for all of the girls (yes, even jiae) and supports them regardless of the scandal, but the whole incident left him with difficult feelings and after talking with aeran, decides to move back to his old position. he was the first person to contact jung to work with anmo, but the latter's position sometimes made him question his decision.

 

the first artist : ymer

 FC

??? : late 20s : ymer : 7 years

the artist most well-known to be very elusive. male, south korean, and most likely in his late 20s, ymer is popular because of his anonymity and for being a k-rock artist in the midst of a more pop-like industry. whenever he appears in shows or performances or fanmeets, he'll always have a doll head or at the bare minimum a mask. a lot of staff who 'spills tea' on daum regarding ymer also couldn't see his face either, and anmo wanted to keep it that way to protect his privacy. almost no one in their company knew him personally either. the only people who have truly seen his face was his manager and ceo.

after an injury last year and the 6-month hiatus, he continued working on his music and was involved with emanon's debut and other kpop groups as well, but the group's new comeback music has his fingerprints all over it, establishing rock music in an industry so saturated with pop and edm.

 

the coaches : gayoung & noeul

 FC FC

uee : 25/03 (30): heo gayoung : 5 years

mad clown : 09/08 (35): kim noeul : 2 years

gayoung is a vocal coach and has also trained other idols, including shannon williams, dia, and red velvet among her credentials. she met jisoo when working with red velvet, and after a brief consideration, decided to join anmo and has been coaching their trainees and ymer ever since. she's motherly and encouraging, but is passionate about her craft and would not hesitate to pick on the wrong techniques (knowing the damage it could do to them).

noeul is not exactly a rap coach (he hates that term), and made it clear that he dislikes idol rappers. intimidating and strict, but knows potential when he sees them and would quite literally fight for trainees in anmo that he deems have potential in the craft (but in other idol necessities such as vocal or dance). he's more of  a 'fleeting' staff and actually is an indie artist signed under anmo only for public promotion.

 

the siblings: heeyeon & siyeon

FC FC

lee gikwang : 12/02 (29): park heeyeon : 5 years

z.hera : 09/05 (24): park siyeon : 2 years

the siblings, or also 90% of the sources of any loud noises or fights from their companies. polar opposites, but they both seemed to bring the worst and best out of each other and there's no boredom with the two together.

heeyeon has been dancing since he was five, and was under multiple dance academies and learned ballet in his decade in taiwan. anmo trainees had a joke that those who had two left feet for dancing would be on the debut level in under six months under him. he's harsh in the dance room, but quite easygoing under the wine and all you need to coax him is having kim yuna's autograph. he's also a big fan of aeran, which was exactly why he gladly accepted anmo's invitation.

siyeon enjoys her craft in makeup and fashion, and has worked under sm since she was 19. she quit to work in anmo, joining her brother in prepping up the girls for their debut. fun, loud, and brash, she's the life of the party and brings color to anmo's subdued culture. unfortunately gets into a lot of passive-aggressive arguments with jisoo regarding the girls' concept; they both get into each other's skin quite easily, often escalating meeting levels to unexpected heated debates.